Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XI (The Finals Countdown)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,287 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

KH25 wrote: »
    Really impressed with Tomane so far this season. Putting in a lot of hard work.

Tomane is a very good player, he had a bit of a ropey start but it seems quite a few overseas players take time to get to the right place.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Tomane picked up 17 Wallaby caps in a period where they had outside backs coming out their ears. Anyone who said/says he’s a poor player doesn’t have a clue what they’re talking about.

He’d have more but for leaving the country

• Registered Users Posts: 44 tryagain

last night I seen the match live at the sportsground and I seen one teams forwards drive over the other teams forwards it was ok good efficient rugby. But this type of rugby does not serve the Irish team our Irish rugby in any way because near me on my side of pitch was a Messi type player James Lowe not overstating smart always talking to team mates and great lines of running thinks the game he got ball 3 times maybe a little more in first half each time something productive even though his teamates are not on same wave length once he got ball he gave to Tomane went around outside to line and into acres of space did he get ball back no Tomane kicked lenister scored a try after forwards bashing for another 5 min wasting energy give the ball in space Lowe would have gone through I feel .ME and my son were wishing he got the ball to give us a show . Every four years the southern teams win world cups while we and other NH teams quickly forget what happend at world cup build up or teams and players IN media and cycle happens all over again dont forget the media makes money by building up NH teams and players we need to fix it and getting or best players like Lowe more on ball would be a start and by the way Kelleher the hooker looks the real deal some say he is to young he not if you are good enough you are .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

It'll be this time next year he's qualified right? But yes if he decides to stick around he will be playing for Ireland, in fact he'll walk into the team. James 'Poison' Lowe.

He had an interview at end of last season or in close season and confirmed he was approached to sign for Leinster with the view of playing long term for Ireland

So yes he will be sticking around and yes he will be playing for Ireland bar injury

Will he walk into team? Depends on form of wingers in the team but he would be some sub to have

James Lowe a sub ye he be one hell of a sub for a team beaten by Japan 2019 beating Italy by 3 points at last world cup before that we need to get to stop building up or teams the reality is we are not up to it when it counts and thats every 4 years now .

• Advertisement

And another thing Kelleher should be Irish Hooker now miles ahead of the rest in doing simple things great .

tryagain wrote: »
    James Lowe a sub ye he be one hell of a sub for a team beaten by Japan 2019 beating Italy by 3 points at last world cup before that we need to get to stop building up or teams the reality is we are not up to it when it counts and thats every 4 years now .

Excellent point of view

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭scott1974

Some punctuation would help this stream of consciousness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Of course Lowe is going to play for Ireland. He got a three year contract specifically for that reason. With Kearney and Earls both going /gone, he'll have a very good chance at being a starter.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,038 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

last night I seen the match live at the sportsground and I seen one teams forwards drive over the other teams forwards it was ok good efficient rugby. But this type of rugby does not serve the Irish team our Irish rugby in any way because near me on my side of pitch was a Messi type player James Lowe not overstating smart always talking to team mates and great lines of running thinks the game he got ball 3 times maybe a little more in first half each time something productive even though his teamates are not on same wave length once he got ball he gave to Tomane went around outside to line and into acres of space did he get ball back no Tomane kicked lenister scored a try after forwards bashing for another 5 min wasting energy give the ball in space Lowe would have gone through I feel .ME and my son were wishing he got the ball to give us a show . Every four years the southern teams win world cups while we and other NH teams quickly forget what happend at world cup build up or teams and players IN media and cycle happens all over again dont forget the media makes money by building up NH teams and players we need to fix it and getting or best players like Lowe more on ball would be a start and by the way Kelleher the hooker looks the real deal some say he is to young he not if you are good enough you are .

That's very difficult to read...

Maybe you should 'try again'?

;p

• Advertisement

you are totally right

sydthebeat wrote: »
    That's very difficult to read...

Maybe you should 'try again'?

;p

I just don’t read those posts, no idea what is going in education when someone doesn’t understand why you use paragraphs etc

An extract from one of todays papers by former rugby great
    When we came back from France in 2007 I had barely hung up my jacket before Rua Tipoki was playfully prodding me for not even getting a game for an Irish team that failed to get out of the pool.

Tipoki repeatedly proclaimed Denis Leamy to be a national hero for securing the win against Georgia with his last-ditch tackle. No one was safe from the slagging; every mistake in training was another opportunity for a punchline.
    Maybe part of the problem with Irish Rugby .

An extract from one of todays papers by former rugby great
    When we came back from France in 2007 I had barely hung up my jacket before Rua Tipoki was playfully prodding me for not even getting a game for an Irish team that failed to get out of the pool.

Tipoki repeatedly proclaimed Denis Leamy to be a national hero for securing the win against Georgia with his last-ditch tackle. No one was safe from the slagging; every mistake in training was another opportunity for a punchline.
    Maybe part of the problem with Irish Rugby .

Rua Tipoki? Don’t think it’s his fault
    Also this is the Leinster thread

It is a Leinster thread but when Japan (no interest in rugby in that country) finest beat our finest which included a fair few Leinster players and so did that team that just scraped past Georgia Rugby this country need to really have a hard look. Sweeping under carpet and not fixing problems and celebrating beating sorry destroying Connacht last night which squad includes a lot of players not wanted at leinster infact could by claimed that Connacht is a leinster/munster 3 team with a few SH thrown in to mix , to a degree Irish rugby has a serious problem so lets supply all other provinces with or castoffs and then go out and smash them and get our ass kicked every 4 years its not gelling well with me sorry for ranting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,907 ✭✭✭jacothelad

I suspect that this is a bad google translation from Serboclaptrap.

It is a Leinster thread but when Japan (no interest in rugby in that country) finest beat our finest which included a fair few Leinster players and so did that team that just scraped past Georgia Rugby this country need to really have a hard look. Sweeping under carpet and not fixing problems and celebrating beating sorry destroying Connacht last night which squad includes a lot of players not wanted at leinster infact could by claimed that Connacht is a leinster/munster 3 team with a few SH thrown in to mix , to a degree Irish rugby has a serious problem so lets supply all other provinces with or castoffs and then go out and smash them and get our ass kicked every 4 years its not gelling well with me sorry for ranting.

Sorry your post is very hard to understand, Leinster are to blame for Ireland’s woes for beating Connacht well?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,038 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

More like raving than ranting.

I see the problem focus on poster (me) and ignore the posts let me breakdown this down there is no rugby in Connacht zero how many Connacht born players on Connacht team .Ulster is getting fed by leinster also to a degree so is Munster for this sport to thrive it cant be Leinster feeding the rest of country with players .Leinster going out last night smashing a team with ex Leinster 2/3 team players is not good sorry for my raving but how can we fix .

I see the problem focus on poster (me) and ignore the posts let me breakdown this down there is no rugby in Connacht zero how many Connacht born players on Connacht team .Ulster is getting fed by leinster also to a degree so is Munster for this sport to thrive it cant be Leinster feeding the rest of country with players .Leinster going out last night smashing a team with ex Leinster 2/3 team players is not good sorry for my raving but how can we fix .

There is far more than zero rugby in Connacht, in fact their academy seems to be at its highest point ever and starting to produce good players with some regularity. Not sure why you think last nights result has any bearing on what happened last month to Ireland

• Advertisement

If you want to discus the World Cup do it on the Ireland thread

Leinster won the double 2 season back and nearly done the same last season, probably plan to do similar this season

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Wegians89

If you take last nights team leader, carty, blade, Buckley, Gallagher, Heffernan, Burke and Sean o brien are all Connacht born men. Could add in Robb, bealham, masterson, Boyle and marmion who weren’t born in Connacht but who came through the academy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭Shelflife

I think there were 9 players in the 23 that were Connacht born, which imo isnt a bad reflection considering rugby isnt a leading sport in Connacht.

Leinster isnt feeding the rest of the country, it simple produces more than it needs and the likes of Connacht picks up what Leinster discard.

Interestingly for a province that supplies the whole country according to yourself Leinster had I think 7 "outsiders" in their original 23 - one of whom was born in Connacht.

For the record Leinster were very good last night, really efficient. Arses handed on a plate to us. Bullied us out of the game completely no excuses here !

• Registered Users Posts: 16,710 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

I've been really impressed by the handlig skills of Leinsters forwards this season. Obviously there was last night's try where our entire front row handling the ball in the lead up. And in every game this season the passing, offloading and support running by the forwards has been exemplary.

Last season I think we started to get into a few too many armwrestles. We lost games because if that. I'm beginning to think we're setting up a new way to play where we keep the ball in motion a lot more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Tomane picked up 17 Wallaby caps in a period where they had outside backs coming out their ears. Anyone who said/says he’s a poor player doesn’t have a clue what they’re talking about.

He’d have more but for leaving the country

venjur was saying that his distribution on wide passes, his kicking and defense have all come on from last season.
    i didnt see that in his performance yest.
    ill admit to certain bias - left winger for Aus (think he played against ire?) & brumbies. i believe he was also a winger in league.
    Montpelier used him as a bosh merchant at 13 & sometimes at 14.
    Leinster using him at 12 is a bad fit. he could be better utilised at 14.

Lowe, Tomane & Larmour would be lethal

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Will he walk into team? Depends on form of wingers in the team but he would be some sub to have

What two wingers do you think could possibly be ahead of him?

What two wingers do you think could possibly be ahead of him?

I also get accused of provincial bias, I try not to be biased for once :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Jonny tight lips

Westmeath is in Leinster
    Shelflife wrote: »
    I think there were 9 players in the 23 that were Connacht born, which imo isnt a bad reflection considering rugby isnt a leading sport in Connacht.

Leinster isnt feeding the rest of the country, it simple produces more than it needs and the likes of Connacht picks up what Leinster discard.

Interestingly for a province that supplies the whole country according to yourself Leinster had I think 7 "outsiders" in their original 23 - one of whom was born in Connacht.

For the record Leinster were very good last night, really efficient. Arses handed on a plate to us. Bullied us out of the game completely no excuses here !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Westmeath is in Leinster
    but Henshaw is out and out connacht player. His club is Buccaneers a connacht club and school Marist competes in connacht. Athlone always been connacht for rugby

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭antietam1

Shelflife wrote: »

Born in Connacht? did you mean Henshaw I thought he was born in Westmeath.
    Leinster would not need 7 if they were not supplying so many to the Irish team,
    Definitely nee Fardy and Lowe.
    Anyhow Lyon v la Rochelle Lyon 45 to 17.
    Is it still the case French clubs don't perform away from home.
    If I reacall one of the second rows is Mayo.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement