Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XI (The Finals Countdown)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Apparently JGP played in 14 league games this season, scoring 5 tries and assisting 19. Most involvements in any of the top 3 leagues in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,949 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Shame about Mick Kearney. He was starting to build a run of good form during the season. Then inury struck yet again.

But with Nagle and he gone we're going to see much more of Dunne and Baird in the Pro 14. Exciting times, lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Apparently JGP played in 14 league games this season, scoring 5 tries and assisting 19. Most involvements in any of the top 3 leagues in Europe.

He has been in better form all season if you compare to McGrath but the kolpack rule meant he missed out on all the big games.....

Fardy and Lowe are needed for Europe and McGrath was playing good enough to get picked.....

Next season I would hope JGP gets more time in Europe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

JGP was injured for the big games, the Kolpak question didn't arise.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

In fairness most of our home league games this year were 50 point routs. That influences there stats. Not once did he start ahead of Luke in an important match this season and I doubt even if he was fit, that he would have in the run in. Everyone says he’s better than Luke this season, leaving out the context of the opposition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,200 ✭✭✭✭Buer

stephen_n wrote: »
    In fairness most of our home league games this year were 50 point routs. That influences there stats. Not once did he start ahead of Luke in an important match this season and I doubt even if he was fit, that he would have in the run in. Everyone says he’s better than Luke this season, leaving out the context of the opposition.

It wasn't all hammerings at home. He started away to Wasps in Europe. And was influential from the bench against Toulouse the week beforehand with possibly the best single piece of skill this season from a Leinster player to earn the BP. In the league, he was excellent at home against Munster and in the games away in Wales.

McGrath is a quality player and started to play his best rugby at the very end but JGP hit a level this season he hasn't reached previously. He'll be a great asset next season with his Irish qualification in the bag. McGrath will continue to be first choice but I can see a bit of rotation akin to Reddan/Boss starting to kick in next year with McGrath enjoying the bulk of starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,604 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

When JGP arrived he was always class, but just couldn't box kick at all and it put us under pressure sometimes. Remember that BP try he got against Northampton?

Now he can box kick, very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,630 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

errlloyd wrote: »
    When JGP arrived he was always class, but just couldn't box kick at all and it put us under pressure sometimes. Remember that BP try he got against Northampton?

Now he can box kick, very well.

His box kicking has been much better than McGrath's this season also.

The new training gear looks dreadful. For the price of it you'd think they'd be able to do something other than just plain black with the crest and Adidas logo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

The new training gear looks dreadful. For the price of it you'd think they'd be able to do something other than just plain black with the crest and Adidas logo

The star placement is........ interesting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,599 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

troyzer wrote: »
    The star placement is........ interesting

I'm torn whether I like it or really dislike it! I think I like it.... for now :)

Glad that this years home jersey is noted as the 19/20 jersey - its good that its remaining as is (even if the star annoys me) and they're not changing everything.

I do like the new blue fleece and training jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Still though. That training jersey is beautiful

Yeah the jerseys are nice, the rest of the gear is just so bland though, looks like cheap knockoffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

The star placement was clearly all about finding a way to make the 4 stars look like they are where they are supposed to be while also giving the option of adding the 5th without making it look weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

The jerseys are nice, although i suspect they will be incredibly unflattering to my retired amateur era front row physique

• Registered Users Posts: 11,314 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I actually like the look of the plain stuff and think the jersey things are dirt. The first star looks like it’s about to fall down

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭Serbian

Yeah the jerseys are nice, the rest of the gear is just so bland though, looks like cheap knockoffs.

Ironically, the knockoffs of the Leinster gear is far higher quality than the official merchandise.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Horses for courses, I think the new track tops are the nicest thing they’ve come out with since taking over.

stephen_n wrote: »

Horses for courses, I think the new track tops are the nicest thing they’ve come out with since taking over.

I don't mind them. Adidas is a bit of an acquired taste though so there's two ways of looking at this.

1) Wow, that Adidas stuff I like now comes branded with my favourite rugby team.

Or

2) That Leinster gear is ****e. Looks the same as all of the other Adidas tat.

I think we can at least all agree that it's ridiculously overpriced given the quality. You can get better stuff in Penney's for a fraction of the price.

James Lowe just had shoulder surgery

• Advertisement

James Lowe just had shoulder surgery

Probably just a niggle that they decided could wait until the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

It was the shoulder injury that hampered him for the second half of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭TCPIP

Has anyone seen/bought these? I'm wondering if the logos are embroidered or weaved into the material or are they the stick on stuff like last years?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Its going to be the same glue on crap again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,314 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Its going to be the same glue on crap again.

I’ve a pair of gym shorts and I think the decals were put on with pritt stick

The rumoured incident is being investigated by the IRFU.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

troyzer wrote: »
    The rumoured incident is being investigated by the IRFU.

https://twitter.com/EwanMacKenna/status/1134919474124136450?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

One of the Sundays must be running the story

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,277 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

TCPIP wrote: »
    Has anyone seen/bought these? I'm wondering if the logos are embroidered or weaved into the material or are they the stick on stuff like last years?

Not in store till 5 June, assume they are the same as last years.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,277 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

One of the Sundays must be running the story

Brendan Fanning from the Indo - so in tomorrows Sindo presumably.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement