Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XI (The Finals Countdown)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mk2golf

I've posted on the Munster thread that Farrell for a year would make an awful lot of sense. I expect to be proven correct.

As for Leinster - Itoje wouldn't be a bad shout or a loosehead. I don't want anyone standing in front of Kelleher.
    Both make no sense Farrell to munster not a hope . And why would leinster take on that thing idiot . Horrible player not good for leinster

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Why is there a presumption it would be a one year loan? Especially the non Saracen's produced players wouldn't necessarily want to go back. There's also all the talk about it might have to be two years in the championship.

The RFU will apparently allow them to play for England while playing outside the country due to exceptional circumstances. It's very unlikely they'd allow it for 2+ years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

Bazzo wrote: »
    The RFU will apparently allow them to play for England while playing outside the country due to exceptional circumstances. It's very unlikely they'd allow it for 2+ years.

I say two years due to the claim going around that for a club to reach the premiership it must have two consecutive years of cap compliance.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,038 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I say two years due to the claim going around that for a club to reach the premiership it must have two consecutive years of cap compliance.

Afaik they can re write those regs before next season and change it to just the promotion year

• Registered Users Posts: 13,129 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Afaik they can re write those regs before next season and change it to just the promotion year
    And the Championship teams that would otherwise be looking for promotion can just write off a year because a bunch of internationals gets dropped into their league? I don't think they'd just roll over and allow that to happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

prawnsambo wrote: »
    And the Championship teams that would otherwise be looking for promotion can just write off a year because a bunch of internationals gets dropped into their league? I don't think they'd just roll over and allow that to happen.

Championship teams have zero say in the salary cap unfortunately, it's only PRL shareholders and it's up for review the end of this season anyways. Newcastle are going to get promoted (unless they miraculously start dropping points considering they've won all 9 of their games so far), so there won't be any PRL stakeholders looking for promotion.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,038 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

prawnsambo wrote: »

It wouldnt affect them.

What I'm saying is that sarries would have to be under cap in their championship year (assuming they go straight back up). Every club hoping for promotion must show they're under the salary cap in the season they get promotion.

The rules however say that you must be under cap for two seasons, which means even if sarries are under cap next season, they would have trouble showing they are under cap THIS season.

I can definitely see them rewriting the regs to allow for this eventuality

mk2golf wrote: »
    Both make no sense Farrell to munster not a hope

It's going to happen just for my amusement.

And jesus the rest of your post escalates quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,129 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

sydthebeat wrote: »
    It wouldnt affect them.

What I'm saying is that sarries would have to be under cap in their championship year (assuming they go straight back up). Every club hoping for promotion must show they're under the salary cap in the season they get promotion.

The rules however say that you must be under cap for two seasons, which means even if sarries are under cap next season, they would have trouble showing they are under cap THIS season.

I can definitely see them rewriting the regs to allow for this eventuality
    And changing that reg means that Sarries can get promoted at the end of next season (if that's what you're suggesting they do) assuming they stay under the cap next season. What that means for the other championship teams is that they could be facing the spine of a premiership squad all season with no hope of competing with them and losing out on a season's chance of promotion as a result.

If the rules stay the same, Sarries can't get promoted and a championship team goes up. The following season, Sarries will likely be denuded of that spine and give the other teams a decent chance of competing with them.

If he said all this with a Munster accent I'd well believe he was one of our southern cousins. He is made for the province. SUAF.

• Advertisement

Yes it does and what's the problem ? Are you just trolling hes not going to munster . Why say that

Yes it does and what's the problem ?

Oasis or Blur?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

If he said all this with a Munster South African accent I'd well believe he was one of our southern cousins. He is made for the province. SUAF.

Fixed that for you Venjur.

Oasis or Blur?

Is that meant to be funny ?

In what way . And why post **** for your amusment bit sad isn't it. .

In what way . And why post **** for your amusment bit sad isn't it. .

JointGrayBlackcrappie-small.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Did I read somewhere that we'd know the kick off times for the QFs this week? Can't find where I read it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Synode wrote: »
    Did I read somewhere that we'd know the kick off times for the QFs this week? Can't find where I read it

The STH "retain your seat" ticket sale is onsale as of today which could be what you're thinking of but they don't have dates listed when purchasing yet.

The STH "retain your seat" ticket sale is onsale as of today which could be what you're thinking of but they don't have dates listed when purchasing yet.

I'm sure I read somewhere that the times would be decided this week. Can't for the life of me find it though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭scott1974

Billy V out for 16 weeks according to Mark McCall...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭crisco10

scott1974 wrote: »
    Billy V out for 16 weeks according to Mark McCall...

That's mid May. Ouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

crisco10 wrote: »
    That's mid May. Ouch.

There is no injury we can have that weakens us as much as losing Billy V weakens Saracens. Not Johnny, Not Furlong, Not JVdf. Not a comment on the skills of these players but on the massive drop to the next guy.

If true that is a massive boost

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

There is no injury we can have that weakens us as much as losing Billy V weakens Saracens. Not Johnny, Not Furlong, Not JVdf. Not a comment on the skills of these players but on the massive drop to the next guy.

If true that is a massive boost

Agreed - BV was the difference between the sides in the final last May in my view.

He totally changes how both Saracens and England play , massive loss to them both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

If Billy V is out then it is a huge boost to Leinster, at Leinster and Ireland level we just struggle to stop him.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭PMC83

Any idea when the quarter final dates will be released lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

PMC83 wrote: »
    Any idea when the quarter final dates will be released lads?

Today apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

Quarter Final confirmed for Saturday 4th April at 17:45.

https://twitter.com/leinsterrugby/status/1220693499802279937?s=21

I am expecting the quarter final to be a final in all but name, but there is a risk that Sarries could be in complete disarray by then. Things got pretty messy today against Harlequins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,710 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

I am expecting the quarter final to be a final in all but name, but there is a risk that Sarries could be in complete disarray by then. Things got pretty messy today against Harlequins.

Their players were very petulant and showed no respect to the referee. Jackson West was especially bad in this regard. But it wasn't a full strength Saracens team at all. I don't know how much can be read into this.

Having said all that, their second string is usually much better than what we saw tonight. Very unSaracans performance. Looked like they hadn't played with each other before.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement