Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XI (The Finals Countdown)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,287 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Clegg wrote: »
    Munster have made two great signings and third potentially good one too. Is there anywhere in the Leinster squad that could do with a marquee player that would improve the first 15?

Second row? Wing?

Second row if Fardy leaves might be tight although some very good young lads seem to be coming through. A winger would need to be exceptional to be worth bringing in. I mentioned a few weeks ago here that a friend who works there said they’ve been told there is a top signing coming in, although as I also said I’d take it with a pinch of salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Doris' height seems to be variable!

This has him at 2.01m :confused:
    https://www.rugbypass.com/pro-14/teams/leinster/players/caelan-doris/

And Leinster say he's 1.93m!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

is_that_so wrote: »

There's not a hope he's 2.01m unless he's in 6" stilettos

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

is_that_so wrote: »

He's definitely not 6'7 anyways. If that was the case he'd be almost the same height as James Ryan. And taller than Molony, Fardy and taller than most of the academy second rows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Munster have made two great signings and third potentially good one too. Is there anywhere in the Leinster squad that could do with a marquee player that would improve the first 15?

Second row? Wing?

No point signing someone for the sake of it.....

Wing currently is:
    Lowe
    Kearney
    Byrne
    Daly
    McFadden
    Larmour
    Ringrose
    Tomane

Just looking at main squad that is the list of players. I hope Tomane gets extension

A replacement for Fardy potentially, I would still be interested in another year from Fardy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    No point signing someone for the sake of it.....

Wing currently is:
    Lowe
    Kearney
    Byrne
    Daly
    McFadden
    Larmour
    Ringrose
    Tomane

Just looking at main squad that is the list of players. I hope Tomane gets extension

A replacement for Fardy potentially, I would still be interested in another year from Fardy

Lowe is going to be lost to Ireland camp, as is Larmour who is also no longer really a wing.

McFadden must be nearly finished and Daly is always injured.

We're quite bare at wing. A blockbuster signing there and at loosehead would be my choice.

We're a bit thin there with Healy getting on and nobody really pushing him out.

This is probably closer to our wing situation next season for international periods:

Kearney (I don't think we'll see Dave, Lowe and Larmour all unavailable for international games, it's likely that Dave will be playing with Leinster)
    Adam Byrne
    Barry Daly
    McFadden
    Jack Kelly
    Aaron O'Sullivan

Tommy O'Brien can play wing and Jimmy O'Brien too.

I wouldn't say we're barebones at all to be honest, were not international standard maybe but far from struggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

This is probably closer to our wing situation next season for international periods:

Kearney (I don't think we'll see Dave, Lowe and Larmour all unavailable for international games, it's likely that Dave will be playing with Leinster)
    Adam Byrne
    Barry Daly
    McFadden
    Jack Kelly
    Aaron O'Sullivan

Tommy O'Brien can play wing and Jimmy O'Brien too.

I wouldn't say we're barebones at all to be honest, were not international standard maybe but far from struggling.

You forgot Lowe?

stephen_n wrote: »
    You forgot Lowe?

He'll be IQ by then so was just listing players we'd have available during international windows.

He'll be IQ by then so was just listing players we'd have available during international windows.

I don’t expect McFadden to be around next year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,142 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

ROL can light it up on the wing. He was brilliant a couple of seasons ago. Keenan is also a wing? So I think we're good on the wing.
    I would try to sign Loughman back. He's certainly improved and is only 24. Byrne and Dooley are decent players, but not top end props.
    Skelton would be a good addition. I think he's going to want to play for a contender. He will be available as Sarries are done. Then there's Dowling, Baird and Dunne waiting in the wings.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Are we losing Cian Kelleher again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Oops I knew I forgot someone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭Granny15

Dubinusa wrote: »
    ROL can light it up on the wing. He was brilliant a couple of seasons ago. Keenan is also a wing? So I think we're good on the wing.
    I would try to sign Loughman back. He's certainly improved and is only 24. Byrne and Dooley are decent players, but not top end props.
    Skelton would be a good addition. I think he's going to want to play for a contender. He will be available as Sarries are done. Then there's Dowling, Baird and Dunne waiting in the wings.

I think it was Dowling Baird and Dunne O Driscoll was thinking of when he was saying we have no enforcers coming through. Of those 3 I’d say only Baird has the raw materials to make it but even then he’s a generous 6”5 probably closer to 6”4 hardly tall enough for international lock. On the plus side Soroka looked fantastic when he came on in the back row for the 20’s last night and looks like one for the future if we can streamline him through the system.

Oh and if we’re looking to feed through wingers Andy Smith (11 last night) couldn’t tackle a wet paper bag for the 20’s last night. If a player doesn’t have the basics they need to be cut fairly rapidly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Scottmactom

Granny15 wrote: »
    I think it was Dowling Baird and Dunne O Driscoll was thinking of when he was saying we have no enforcers coming through. Of those 3 I’d say only Baird has the raw materials to make it but even then he’s a generous 6”5 probably closer to 6”4 hardly tall enough for international lock. On the plus side Soroka looked fantastic when he came on in the back row for the 20’s last night and looks like one for the future if we can streamline him through the system.

Oh and if we’re looking to feed through wingers Andy Smith (11 last night) couldn’t tackle a wet paper bag for the 20’s last night. If a player doesn’t have the basics they need to be cut fairly rapidly.

Absolutely clueless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭Granny15

Absolutely clueless.

Encouragement and the softly softly approach only works in unpressurised environments if these guys are fit to make the top grade the ones without basic skills need to be weeded out. Of course you could also tell me where exactly it is I’m clueless and try and defend your position instead of just insulting me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kingofthekong

Dubinusa wrote: »

Don’t need to sign Loughman back, Milne I the academy will fill that gap

Completely forgot about him but yeah he'll be in the mix too

• Registered Users Posts: 16,710 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Three bad injuries to Leinster players today. Doris will hopefully be ok and back soon, but I'm worried about the injuries to Ringrose and Furlong.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,038 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I've a feeling ringrose might be precautionary.

He went in appearing OK at half time

• Advertisement

Three bad injuries to Leinster players today. Doris will hopefully be ok and back soon, but I'm worried about the injuries to Ringrose and Furlong.

Think Furlong was just knackered

• Registered Users Posts: 11,287 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

stephen_n wrote: »
    Think Furlong was just knackered

He looked like he done something to his leg, it was when he tracked back for a tackle. Hopefully cramp or a light strain

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Yeah hopefully Furlong was just wrecked. Worried about Ringrose. Doris will be out for a week at most. Could even be back next week.

Hand injury. If it's a break it hopefully won't be a long term absence.

https://twitter.com/Murray_Kinsella/status/1223684405077647360?s=19

Kinsella tweeted after that Furlong was just a cramp.

Ringrose going for a scan on his hand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭scott1974

Broken thumb for Ringrose apparently!

scott1974 wrote: »
    Broken thumb for Ringrose apparently!

Could easily be his tournament over.

Slight upside is that if it's true it's likely he'll be fit for the quarter final.

Stick on ash guard on it Tommy Bowe style.

Be grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Yikes, just registered and 4 posts in 4 minutes asking the same thing. If someone is willing to share a code with you they will. STH aren't online all the time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement