Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Are you sure it's 10.4 seconds? I just looked up one website and they say 9s 0-100km/h. It is an electric car so instant torque so I'm inclined to believe the website I looked at.

+ it's got the VW badge and it's a crossover. Nothing else matters but at those prices People would be far better off in a Diesel or if doing small mileage a petrol.

Can only imagine what will happen in another year as energy prices soar, they might strip the cars of a lot more kit, maybe even abandon electrics altogether so they can make more profit, that's if the Germans and other EU carmakers can keep the lights on.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭handpref

I wouldn’t get too bogged down in the pedantics of stats on the internet - have a go in one, it’s like driving a zoe, instant torque then not much happens -

I hit the motorway slip behind our i3 and it smoked me 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

• Registered Users Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Have all ID4 been dropped to 174hp or just some versions? Has the ID3 been similarly affected?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

No it's just the cheaper version like the lower powered iD3. But the iD4 is a larger vehicle so the 150hp of the cheaper iD3 wouldn't be powerful enough in the iD4.

It's disgraceful, they just turn down the power via software, they're absolutely horrible b1stards to do it as it costs them the same, absolutely miserable.

I signed up for energia's EV plan so will be a drastic reduction compared to what I'd pay with SSE come October. But on the plus side, we paid 50 Euro's for the last bill which is all we paid for the year using the VW credit and work charging.

Next idea I have was to get a battery to charge at night rate to run the house during the day, then I read that VW are supposed to be enabling V2G on the ID range ( 77 kwh only ) on those built from December 2021 but there has been no recent update that I can find, the good news is that it will be easily possible to enable it on cars built before December 2021.

The idea here is that I use the taxpayer subsidised electricity at the data centres where I work to power the house when home with the potential to export some and the option not to export any at all, a dedicated V2G EVSE will need to be installed adding to the cost but if it works out and VW do enable V2G then I think it's a much better idea than buying a battery for the house, or, if I did I could charge the house batteries off the car battery when home and it would run the house when not home or greatly reduce the cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,435 ✭✭✭✭ted1

that ain’t right. You must have a slow stop watch

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭electricus

Got my T5 back after its update. It took a couple of days but everything seems to be working much the same. I heard that the update enabled dual zone climate for some people but mine didn't change. Did anyone here get that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭sh81722

Pure =52kwh

Got my T5 back today too- wouldn’t have it if it wasn’t for your advice electricus 👍🏻

No dual zone either, everything looks the same -

What a nice feeling to get out of the wallowing, low power, low spec life id4 into something that pulls so well and has all the extras ….(first world problem I know )

Credit to Western Motors Drogheda- electric loan car, great communication, insurance arranged, car cleaned and hoovered, exceptional attention to detail - when I left the I3 into BMW Drogheda for the KLE recall it came back without a rear reg plate and an empty Rex tank …..

Glad it all worked out and you’re enjoying it!

Joe Duffy gave me an Arteon ehybrid, my first time driving a phev. Its a nice car, especially in in ev mode, but the engine seemed loud when it kicked in. Battery range is about 40-50km. I didn’t check its power or acceleration specs, but the ID.3 feels quicker and so much quieter.

My car came back cleaned inside and out and they fixed a couple of rattles that were doing my head in! I’m not seeing many changes since the update but suppose it was mainly bug fixes and preparation for v3.x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭Comer1

Mine came back with dual air con, didn't have it before. It also came back with colour changed to blue, it was white. Some update!

Last part was a joke, it's still white.😊

That would've been a surprise update 😄

Strange that only some are getting the dual zone update, maybe some cars have a different aircon system. I must have another look at the ODBII settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭eagerv

Have had dual zone in my last 4 cars or so, I cannot ever remember using a different temp on the passenger side. Suppose I am on my own most of the time..

Same here but still feel like I'm missing out on something! Also interested to know if the dual zone update enables voice commands for aircon - which was a strange omission, even if the ID assistant is a bit dopey.

Post edited by electricus on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭adunis

obvious difference in my base spec car is the climate interface is all new and more fully featured including dual zone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Old diesel

If I wanted a diesel id just pick up an Avensis or Mk 4 Mondeo for 12 k or whatever.

No way id spend 50 k on a new diesel in 2022.

Personally I'm hoping to have a Niro EV test drive in the coming weeks.

Ditto the new Megane EV.

But aside from that - there are PHEV and hybrid to consider.

Would have more faith in a Toyota Hybrid for reliability then a typical modern diesel tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭jogdish

When driving I often see the nav map has a greyed out/dark area adjacent to my current position in the light area. I always assumed the greyed out colour was 'out of range' but that doesnt make sense for literally the other side of the road.

Another random question, what causes ECO to apply brakes in D mode - sometimes on approach to a roundabout I think the car would pretty much stop without me doing anything while other times I really do need to give a decent brake.

I wouldn't pay 50K for a diesel either nor 55 K for a stripped down ID4 that's had it's power restricted by software or 45K for an ID3 tour 5 with a gammy interior and no rear speakers ffs.

If I had to go back to diesel I would, get a fine car for 35k, electric car prices are getting silly now and if they remove the VRT I don't think they will sell at all really.

I suppose I'll have to keep the T5 a very long time.

I hear there's a record number of Chinese Chip makers are going out of business, things could get a lot worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Sam the Sham

I read somewhere that only certain early ID.3s are getting an upgrade to dual temp controls along with 2.4 because there was some sort of legally-binding contractual language promising it in some VW publicity.

Spoke to soon, noticed today the rear dash cam camera wasn’t working - found that it had been unplugged and in an attempt to disconnect the power off the main unit they reefed it so the adhesive is now only half hanging on …ffs -

That's interesting,I looked it up and found something on the ODBeleven forum. It looks like they could be updating to dual because the 'Air Care' feature (which requires dual zone) was listed as a standard feature in ID.3s with single zone climate control. I must see if I still have a brouchure pdf from when I bought mine.

VW should really be enabling this, and other software disabled features, as a small gesture of goodwill for their customers having to wait so long for bug fixes and updates.

https://forum.obdeleven.com/thread/13958/care-climatronic-zone-conditioning-system

Post edited by electricus on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Just got 12v battery replaced and software updated on my 1st 202 id.3. Can anyone confirm if the issue is true I've seen online that the dash reports 2.3, even if 2.4 is installed? Anyone can confirm what version mine actually is?

That's what I have, 0912 is the latest software version, updated from 0910

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

Question for those with a T5. I’ve a first edition so wanted to check.

my bosses sister got a new T5 and there are no voice controls to change the temperature. You can’t say set temperature to x, etc like you can in the first edition.

Is that correct? Seems like something isn’t loaded in.

Advertisement