Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭electricus

My T5 is the same. I was hoping the software update would enable it but no such luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

It probably has a single zone climate control which doesn’t have voice control or air care.

according to the brochure it has ‘1-Zone Air Care Climatronic’ but no air care options without dual zone or activation as part of the update.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Sam the Sham

Is there anything about a T5 that makes it more comfortable for 5 passengers?

Anyone ever take a long journey in an ID.3 with 5 passengers (one of them a child)?

In theory, the interior has more leg room than, say, a Golf and as much space as a Passat. I'm not sure if it has the width to accommodate 2 adults and a child in the back, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭handpref

Yep - same here - single zone but I’m not too bothered.

also up to 0912 is only change after update Grumpy

The timed charging setting does give the same options (circular clocks) as the new 3.0 id4 loaner I had but like the id4 it doesn’t work -

That said I had a late night run last night and the matrix set up with auto high beam is first class- can’t believe you can’t get that spec’d now…

• Advertisement

Yeah, the matrix lights are brilliant. I’m hoping the next update makes the auto settings ‘sticky.’

Not bothered by single zone climate either, but it annoys me that advertised features are still not available, not just ‘air care’ but also timed changing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭irishgeo

I'm taking a test drive Friday. I'm hoping to purchase the 77kw battery car. Any questions I should be asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

It's been a full calendar month since I dropped off the car for the SOH check. Was told last Friday that the car should be ready on Monday "if all goes well". Needless to say that I got no calls to collect the car yesterday. At least they've done a 2.4 update.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭rx8

Travelling around @DrPhilG country this week and getting 12.5 kwh/100km efficiency. Even the Mrs loves driving it more than her own Kona EV.

It will probably be one of the last 77’s as they scaled back production to the poverty spec 58kwh dx version - if you prefer not to rely on public charging the 77 is the way to go - but the price for a T5 went up 5k in less than 12 months …

Its worth noting that a lot of the Tour owners here didn’t come down with the recent shower of people interested in ev’s that started a couple of years ago- they are knowledgeable early adopters and went for the Tour’s because they were the best option available.

The new niro is a serious competitor as it comes with a large amount of technology as standard …

The Tour models are good solid cars, great range and well spec’d, the id3 in general is a great car, although it comes in for some stick from certain quarters but so did the i3 and look how that’s turned out-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,298 ✭✭✭✭fits

You can order a 77 kw Cupra still. Much the same car. I’d definitely have a look at new niro as well. And I definitely wasn’t an early adopter. Didn’t have a clue about EVs until I got a job in Dublin in April 2021 and needed to change car. I have a tour and delighted with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭rx8

This is the most range I've seen in 2 years 😳 411km... wtf. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,312 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

I got 440 on the 58kW, till I moved it onto the road, went back to 330

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

I’m seeing similar since the update and lower consumption too, around 12-14, down from my usual 16+

• Registered Users Posts: 12,107 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Is the app still working for everyone? Can you see charge level etc?

My car disappeared off the app around midnight. Was working just before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭jogdish

mine too! Just logged in and out of the app, same. Maybe some amazing new feature that will change my life will be added?

Just checked and same, last sync showing as 21 hours ago.

mine says 'just now' even after a force close and restart.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭pad199207

There was an update to the iOS version yesterday but again nothing changed I don’t think

• Registered Users Posts: 12,312 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Advertisement

mine was put to 2.4 early August - im guessing something on the back end hopefully v3.0 related.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭VWPAT

In tomorrow for battery and 2.4 update. App not working today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Mr Q

I am still on 2.3 and the app has stopped working. So not related to 2.4 or getting 3.0 I assume

App not working for me all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,298 ✭✭✭✭fits

It’s working for me. Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Comer1

Same here, must be an issue at their end if others are experiencing this too🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Got the upgrade done yesterday. All fairly painless other than the monstrosity of a loaner car - what the hell is a Taigo?

Was probably just spending a day away from the ID3 but could have sworn the software upgrade made the car nicer to drive 😀

Range is up since the update - has always been 495km +~10km since getting it- app working fine - let’s see what winter holds …

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭adunis

I'm another the app isn't working for,did work after the update,if anything turns me off the car other than the bone hard ride i

,t's the énture sw experience,updates the lack thereof,gui,random "Microsoft moments",the app,general clunkiness etc etc......oh yeah then there's the charge timers.

I don't expect to replace it with another when the pco is up,most likely mg4.

Or a second hand ioniq5 if I get really Lucky

Advertisement