Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,326 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

RE

I think I got used to driving in B in the Leaf and never gave up

exactly: I have 75k on the leaf in B mode and 28k in the ID3 in B mode.

Tried D with eco yesterday, I get the coasting and the less jerky drive but does foot pedal braking not require a harder shove.

As as aside, with navigation on, it slowed me down once for a right turn on a 100 km speed limit road, didn't do it anywhere else from Tullamore to Nenagh

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

My Niro has a (somewhat buried in the settings) feature that piggybacks on the adaptive cruise control called Smart Regen. While less extensive or elaborate than the smart feature within the ID.3, it uses the radar from the ACC to ramp up regen (from whatever you have it set to, range 0-3) if required due to traffic in front, etc. I was driving some roads in Wicklow at the weekend and found it seemed to engage a bit in response to approaching bends as well (I hadn't noticed this before), but I suspect this was more the radar detecting the hedgerow and ditch than using GPS.

My usual now with that would be to leave the braking at 0 on main roads (coasts very well, suggesting to me there's no regen) and let that feature kick in as required, but on windy roads I'll put it up to 2 or 3 to get close to one pedal driving.

The Irish models of the Kona, despite being built on a shared platform with the Niro, does not have this feature due to not having ACC (baffling decision on Hyundai's part IMO, but it is what it is).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,066 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I suppose it's worth mentioning there's no regen in N mode, but there's no drive either so it's a bit moot

I guess you could coast down a hill in N but then you lose all that potential regen energy

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭eagerv

I used to use N mode occasionally to clean the brakes..

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Now a post about ID.4 with defective cells appeared on the Volkswagen ID. drivers club. 2 defective cells, 240mile range, 29 days in workshop.... (link would post for some reason)

• Advertisement

Ok, after 8 days at the dealership and failed SOH tests they're going to replace 2 busted battery modules. They promised to do the replacement by the end the next week. I believe it when I see it... Will ask them to provide a SOH report when it's done. So morale of the story is - if you own an ID.x series car and it doesn't charge to the full capacity and has a low range - get yourself an obd scanner and check the cell voltages. All 5 cars I found online bar 1 had battery modules replaced.... The problem can be more wide-spread then we think.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,109 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Result! These things happen. The main thing is that VW are addressing it and not walking away.

Are they replacing cells or the entire pack?

Yes, definitely a result. Thanks again for helping me out!. the manager said 2 modules to be replaced. Quick google shows that a 62kWh battery has 9 modules with 24 cells in each. So they are replacing 22% of the battery:)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭RevID3

Very interesting Schematics for the ID3. Might be of interest to someone.

https://evflux.pro/id3-interior/

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

is 32k good trade in offer good for my id3 first with 20k km? thinking of getting new id3 in Jan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Casati

What was it new - about 35k? If so then sounds great, only costing roughly a a grand a year in depreciation

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭handpref

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭eagerv

Original price was about €34K less incentives. Will they hold that trade in until Jan and how much is new model then?

They will get new pricing for 2023 mid Sept. They actually hope to see prices going down next year for new car.... I will know all details mid Sept.

I think I'd be pushing for more to be honest... as crazy as that sounds.

They will put your car on the forecourt for €37k,€38k... I think you could squeeze another few €k off them since you are going to buy a new car where they will also scalp you for the new price, which has gone up by a few thousand since you bought the 1st edition.

At the very least get a few more trade-in offers and look at done deal to see what the asking prices are.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bif

It’s not really about trade in price. All about the cost to change!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭Old diesel

THIS.....

A starting point is.....

1) asking point of cars like your current car - minus 4 k or thereabouts on a recent car

So a car making 32 k on a dealers forecourt might be 28 k on a trade in.

2) list price of new car - lets call it 55 k with delivery included (54 k plus 1 k delivery for illustration.

A cost to change of 27 k seems a reasonable starting point in this scenario

27 k is the figure that matters and is the basis for comparison with other dealers and makes of car

Strange times we live in now where ev cars almost lose no value after 2-3 years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Was offered 34.5 for my first with 55k/kms.

Theyre selling them from 38+ used from the main dealers.

The 32 seems very low.

• Advertisement

I was offered 30k for the 1st in May with 30k km. Although it was a go away and don't bother me offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭rx8

Am I right in assuming that it's the 1st basic model you're all taking about and not the 1st Plus, which was €40500 new. (mine was anyway)

No ID.X is perfect:) My loaner is giving up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭ewj1978

You must be racing around Mondello or something with these cars!

When do you expect to have yours back with the new modules?

Yep, esp fuse out and doughnuts on crossroads:) Should be done by the end of the week, but this is optimistic me thinks. They should also try to install the 2.4...

Yes 1st basic

• Registered Users Posts: 27,930 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

So my ID3 was collected and now with its new owner. Sorry to see it go but it just wasn't been used enough to justify it any more.

On Thursday morning she was very optimistic after I had topped up to 100% for the new owner. Don't think over ever seen the GOM so high!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,066 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I know one person who sold theirs privately for what they bought it for, so you can do better than €32k IMO

Out of curiosity, why go for a new ID.3?

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,303 ✭✭✭✭fits

Posted in the other thread but broke my contract to move to the energia ev plan today. 27c and 7.9 cents fixed for the year. Will have to pay fifty euro fee for leaving SSE contract early. Worth considering after that crazy announcement on Friday.

need to get those solar panels installed!

Advertisement