Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,921 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It'll coast for ages but autoregen coming up to traffic, roundabout, bad bends etc on its own giving you the best of both worlds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭jogdish

This, B mode is just too aggressive, D in Eco is just sensible.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Sam the Sham

Yes, exactly. Forward momentum is very valuable. In B mode you're always either adding power to the wheels to accelerate (or maintain speed), or taking power form the wheels via regen (to decelerate). In D mode, the accelerator doesn't control deceleration/regen and hands that off to the onboard sensors and GPS to apply it as needed when there are cars/cycles in front of you or you're approaching an intersection/roundabout, or speed limits are changing. And it'll let you coast in a controlled way, so that you're only regenerating if it's warranted.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭adunis

Well it's official,my car is now a brick.

Let's see how long it take them to restart it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭cannco253

does it still show up on the app?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Still no luck with determining the SOH of my battery after 4 days at the dealer. Keeping the loaner ID.3 till at least Monday evening....

Surely there's not that much involved in checking the reading?

Thats what i thought, especially after the initial talk that my battery is fine and that I'm imaging things. Apparently they can't get the actual number. It shows up as X, with a comment smth like " the value is unavailable".

What was your OBD dongle reading as the maximum HV capacity?

The latest figure was 54kWh but only 43.7kWh available for use (100% displayed SOC).

• Advertisement

Even 7% drop in max energy content before the other issues. I think mine was around 57K the last I looked.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭handpref

How long is it in for ?

What type of loaner ?

I choked on the 3rd day and took mine back, debating on whether to go back for second attempt, an id3 or id4 loaner is probably the only thing that will tempt me to try it again.

They said 2 days ,been 3 so far loaner is a 3cyl t roc

As for debate,there is none of you want the updates going forward you don't have any choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Sam the Sham

Of course we do. We have the choice to wait until they figure out why cars are being bricked or not accepting the update.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

out of curiosity, are VW or the garages contacting people? I wouldnt know about this update except stumbling on it online?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Tayto2012

Hi folks. Just got my new ID3 58kw Pro Performance 2 weeks ago, have just over 500km on her and have to say I'm very happy. I've read through a good bit of the thread and it's been very helpful.

Was wondering if some of you veterans could help me out on a couple of points.

1. My HUD is slightly off alignment, I've read you can change this but I can't for the life of me find the setting to do so - where would I find it?

2. I've a BLE OBD reader, what app are you using to check the battery health etc.. ?

3. Planning on a long road trip in the next few weeks through Europe, mostly Autobahn/motorway - around 1800km in total. Would there be any benefit in sticking her in Eco mode for the trip?

Any other long range tips? I've a We Connect card on the way and have signed up to PlugShare, Chargemap, ABRP and Bonnet.

Cheers everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Can't help with 2 & 3 but for the HUD.

On the main menu screen if you select vehicle, then vehicle on the left, then interior tab, then the heads up display, you can adjust position and brightness there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Tayto2012

Brilliant thanks Alm.. getting slow in my old age!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭THE ALM

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭VWPAT

Drive in D mode all the time now. Briliant car for coasting. Most effiicient way to drive and the autoregen works really well. Less tyre wear in that mode as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Do any other manufacturers default to no regen when coasting? Can you turn it off in Hyundai/Kia? They're pretty big on having a million levels of regen if I remember correctly. I always see people saying how they love having adjustable levels but never anyone saying how regen is less efficient.

I've seen a few posts on other forums about people disliking eco assistant because they don't like the car being in control, even though it's not really. Then again these are the same people who refuse to use ACC and want to disable all these features...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭rx8

My wife has a new Hyundai Kona, and you can turn the re-gen off with the paddles. It doesn't have any type of eco-assistant or anything like that, but I prefer to be coasting in it, like my ID3, when I'm driving it the odd time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭eagerv

My wife has the new Ioniq 5. Has the paddles as per the other Koreans, but strangely when in coasting mode there is no regen on the brake pedal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,051 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Funnily enough I could never get my head around it, I actually felt the Eco assist would brake way later and harder than I would

Which probably means that I drive like an old woman 🤣

I think I got used to driving in B in the Leaf and never gave up

I've also noticed that in B mode the Eco assist is still on. A couple of times I've been speeding up to a bend and the car was prompting me to let off the accelerator. It just doesn't seem to be able to modulate the regen the same was as in D mode

I've also noticed that Travel assist will sometimes adjust the speed settings if it knows a bend is coming up. Hasn't done it in a while though, I wonder if it's linked to adjusting the speed to whatever limit it sees on the toady

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 11,051 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I'm finding this bizarre, there doesn't seem to be the same problems mentioned over in the ID.4 thread

Is there something newer/different on the ID.4 which makes the update easier? If so then I'd kind of expect more recent ID.3s to be fine and only the 1st editions to have update issues

Or is it just a case that more ID.3s have been called for the update, so they've just had more chances to hit any problems?

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Edit: deposit taken on the car after about two hours of listing the car on DD.

It's time to say goodbye to my ID3 First after nearly two years and a pitiful 12,000KM.

During Covid my milage dropped off a cliff and I then changed jobs recently so I've a five minute commute and no work related driving. Between that and adding a 73KW Ioniq 5 to the house that does all the family travel the range of the ID3 is wasted.

If anyone is interested in purchasing a second hand ID3 just send me a PM. I've a very good offer from a local dealer but I'm sure they'll look to sell it for over €37K so I can try look after a Boardsie if they want to cut out the middle man.

Post edited by TitianGerm on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭rx8

That's unfortunate. At least you won't be losing too much as the 2nd hand values are very good. How do you find the Ioniq 5 ?, I had a test drive in one a while ago and it didn't float my boat at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,107 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I've a very good offer from a local dealer..

Without showing your hand, I presume you are getting more than (or very close to) what you paid for it 2yrs ago?

Advertisement