Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭adunis

Well then like I said it's just the base model then,pity I'm such a tight wad...... Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 12,247 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Yeah if I hit cruise control, it will flash the orange line and bump me back in so that's LKA I suppose.

Travel Assist lights up both lines in green and steers in the centre of the lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I built myself two fake hands so I can sleep and the car drives me to where I am going.

I wouldn't be surprised if people started doing that. I wonder what sensors the id3 are using to detect hands. Is it heat sensitive rather than a bit of weight/gripping force applied to the steering wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,910 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

There's a camera in the smaller screen pointed at the driver so maybe that monitors hands on the wheel?

App finally updated for android. Now has the correct colour & wheels for the car.

Still a pathetic effort of an app though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,288 ✭✭✭✭fits

Trip to Dublin was grand! Left with 90%. Still have 63% after 130 km mostly motorway. Traffic is nothing like 2019 this morning at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,031 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Capacitive sensors on the wheel, so you'll need a real hand. Quick trip to the morgue with a saw should sort you out, just remember to keep your spare hand in the fridge otherwise it'll get a bit smelly

There's also a camera watching the driver to see if they're slumped over, so you'll need to duck tape yourself in an upright position

All in all, probably easier to just hold the wheel yourself 😁

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 12,301 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Thanks KC, so that wont work as I need to be able to charge the leaf as well

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

I'm guessing it's a Gen 1 Leaf with a Type 1 plug?

If you already have a charger for the Leaf you could get another charger with load sensing run off the same circuit

I did this with my existing EO Mini, I got a Zappi installed with a CT clamp on the input to both chargers

I set a limit of 32A on the Zappi and since the Leaf only charges at 16A I still have half power for the ID.4 if they're both plugged in. Once the Leaf finishes the ID.4 will get full power

• Advertisement

I guess it must be gen 1 :) then

I have the original car charger when I got the grant in Dublin so can get that installed as well when doing the new, Just need to check the cable length on the ID3 when it comes, as I cant do // parking, will be end to end

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Any non 1st movers get the 2.3 update yet?

I think the included cable is just over 5m, I've got a side by side driveway and the cable is just long enough to go around the corner to the charger beside the house

End to end parking might be a challenge with that cable, you may end up getting a longer one

Lol, you'e lucky, this morning was a lot better than yesteday but heavy from Rathcoole so I turned off by Kingswood for Park West.

Did you get to try out the travel assist ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭eagerv

Happy Birthday Brid 😀, 1 year old today, almost 19K trouble free km, enjoying every trip. OK I will forgive you for the few minor hissies when new.

😍🎂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭rx8

That's a fair few Km's there eagerv, only 10.5k on mine. Still waiting on part 2 of the update to 2.3 but lovin every single drive in it still.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭eagerv

Yes, quite high considering lock down for a lot of the year..

Gave her a good birthday wash and quick detail earlier, really impressed with the quality of paint. Not even a stone chip as yet..

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

14k on mine. Loved every minute of driving it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,288 ✭✭✭✭fits

I was sure today would be heavy. Yeah used travel assist most of the way. Got home with 31% battery after starting out with 90% SOC. 260 Kms of which about 150 was motorway. The 77kwh battery is useful!

Ages ago,but I sent them the email,also got the recharge app weeks back

• Advertisement

6k up on mine on track for 34k per year......

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I've mine 4 months next week and am nearly at 14K!! And only commuting 2 days a weeks for that. Back fully time tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

We charge , excuse the autocorrect

Car arrived in garage just now, will collect Friday 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Sam the Sham

No sign of mine, which was supposed to be built last week.

Meanwhile, I have this to worry about: https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/motors/new-car-prices-will-jump-1-300-with-electric-vehicles-up-4-100-under-budget-proposals-1.4679851

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭jogdish

What, how on earth does this chime with carbon taxes etc, why!

The article

The price of the average new car will rise by €1,294 – while all-electric cars like the Volkswagen ID.3 Family will jump by about €4,100 – under proposed Budget 2021 tax changes. 

The Department of Finance’s Tax Strategy Group last week put forward changes to the Vehicle Registration Tax (VRT) system that would mean the tax rate on regular cars with emissions above 100g/km rise by between 2 and 5 per cent.

It also called for a drop in the cap for tax relief on electric cars to €40,000, with the current €5,000 tapering off from €30,000. It would end tax relief on the majority of the current best-selling electric cars on the Irish market. 

According to figures seen by The Irish Times, the higher VRT rates will mean average price rises of €604 for cars with emissions between 101g/km and 105g/km, €1,141 for cars with emission of 126g/km to 130g/km, rising to €2,401 for new cars with emissions of 141g/km. The average price hikes increase significantly from there. Vehicles with emissions above 191g/km, which include several large SUVs, could have average prices rise by an estimated €8,765.

The proposals have been strongly criticised by motor industry executives who say they run counter to efforts to lower transport emissions. 

Kia Ireland chief executive Ronan Flood said the changes would only serve to deter motorists from changing to new lower emission or fully electric cars. “People will just keep their older car, which is more polluting,” said Flood. 

Society of Irish Motor Industry (Simi) director general Brian Cooke said “all this does is reduce demand for new cars and it ignores the real issue out there, which is the 900,000 cars over 10 years old on the roads”.

On the lowering of the cut-off for tax relief on electric cars Mr Cooke said “there’s a lot of what you would call family cars in the €30,000 to €40,000 space and they’re actually going to go up in VRT if the measure is brought in.”

A spokesman for VW Group Ireland said: “As the market leader in battery electric vehicles [EVs], we believe these tax proposals would have a profoundly negative effect on the long term ambitions of the Climate Action Plan and Ireland’s wider sustainability goals.

“Under the Climate Action Plan, the Government wants 936,000 electric vehicles in Ireland by 2030. Of the 2.8 million vehicles currently on our roads, around 35,000 are electric.” 

The VW spokesman said electric cars and plug-in hybrids are vital to achieving the plan’s goals and “the Government should be incentivising their uptake rather than discouraging it. For instance, the proposed changes to the VRT rebate would mean the price of the popular ID.3 Family increase by around €4,100. We need policies that accelerate the transition to cleaner mobility solutions rather than impede it.”

The Tax Strategy Group also proposes changes to the current system of Benefit in Kind (BIK) tax relief on electric vehicles. 

At present employees driving electric cars are entitled to a zero per cent BIK rate. The exemption is due to expire at the end of 2022. From then on a new system that takes account of CO2 emissions and mileage is due to begin. 

The Tax Strategy Group is proposing an extension of the zero per cent rate until 2025, though it will taper off every year. The threshold would drop from €50,000 down to €40,000 for the first year, €30,000 for the second year, €20,000 for the third year, before expiring in at end 2025. After that, a maximum rate of 19.75 per cent would apply to electric vehicles. 

The Tax Strategy Group paper states: “Ireland has a generous BIK regime when compared with other jurisdictions in Europe. Effective BIK rates are higher in the UK, for example.”

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭smpillai11

My car is due in January. If the government decides to increase the price by 4k, I will have no option but to cancel the order

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,386 ✭✭✭✭ted1

dealers can pre register cars, also VW can prioritise cars abs divert them from markets which won’t be affected by the loss of grants

Advertisement