Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of Building a House 2019

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Yeah I honestly can’t see where some people are getting their figures from here.

There are lots of self build pages on Instagram where people will get a wealth of information and proper prices.

15k for an architect is laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭ml100

Just a brief update since we were discussing this.

I have been invoiced yesterday by my arch for all work to date - from first meeting to planning submitted.

Fully custom design with a number of iterations in it
    Construction drawings
    Percolation tests
    Preliminary site survey
    Completion and submission of planning application
    All fees for planning etc.

2200 incl VAT.

This is much more inline with what I was expecting than some of the figures I’m seeing here which were worrying me but I’m happier now and would hope to be closer to 20k than 40k on the list quoted. Will keep updating my costs here for comparison for others.

Is that for an architect and where in the country are you?, I priced 5 different architects, for house design and planning submissions most were around 5k, even technicians were 3-4K, percolation tests were between 500-700, plus you get the test holes dug.
    That's for kildare, our development levies are 15k, complete waste of money!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭zf0wqv9oemuasj

ml100 wrote: »
    Is that for an architect and where in the country are you?, I priced 5 different architects, for house design and planning submissions most were around 5k, even technicians were 3-4K, percolation tests were between 500-700, plus you get the test holes dug.
    That's for kildare, our development levies are 15k, complete waste of money!

Hi, yes it's an architect and in the west of the country. He did the percolation tests himself and they were included in the fee. I didn't even include the cost of the test holes as they cost virtually nothing, probably 25 euro to get them dug as the man who did them was doing a days JCB work on the farm and just did them before heading home, they didn't take long.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭forfcksake

Hi,
    Would anyone have any recent experience of what the cost per square foot for builders finish would be in Roscommon?
    Modern 2 story sleeping area, narrow design, flat roof connector to a vaulted kitchen, dining living area. (currently ~ 2500 sqft)
    Thanks in advance !

Advertisement