Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are we used to Dublin being a Kip?

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

seasidedub wrote: »
    Wow - that's exactly what it was like, people like the ones in the video. It was creepy and sad. There were loads of them. So what's spice? I thought It was a commodity from "Dune", silly me ......

Synthetic drug that binds to the body exactly like cannabis but it's completely lethal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Nikki Sixx

The guards don’t seem to have any handle on the gangland stuff in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Why didn't he fire a load of rockets at them, wiping out their families? Isn't that the usual reaction?

Antisemitic comment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Antisemitic comment.

Go away with that rubbish

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Go away with that rubbish
    You think it is okay to classify all Israelis as murderers?

• Advertisement

You think it is okay to classify all Israelis as murderers?

That's not what he said though is it?
    Come on now. Don't be that guy

What guy is that? Someone who stands up for the truth?

Hamas are the aggressors. They always have been.

What happens to a woman in Gaza if she gets raped?

What he said was worse. Rockets. Wiping out families.

Not murderer but genocidal murderer.

What guy is that? Someone who stand up for the truth?

Hamas are the aggressors. They always have been.

What happens to a woman in Gaza if she gets raped?

Where did he classify "all Israelis as murderers"?
    That's what you accused him of.
    You are being that guy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Just back from Israel.

Jerusalem - Jews and Muslims living and working in harmony in the markets etc.

Tel Aviv - they don't really associate themselves with the "politics"..they're just interested in getting a tan, having a latte and working out in the beach. Basically Miami.

Israel and Israeli people are NOTHING like the media is telling you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Hal3000

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/arsonists-lucky-not-destroy-south-16342014

Yes we are and its getting worse by the day! Fine the parents when caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Around certain places in the city centre drug users hang around,
    they go to clinics .
    Theres no point in the gardai arresting them every day simply for using drugs they get from a clinic.
    i don,t know anyone under 15 who used any type of drug.
    We are in a boom, we have 1000,s of visitors every day.
    Maybe in other countrys drugs are very hard to get,
    i hear in israel there s very tough security on planes and at airport,s ,
    I think it,d be hard to bring an extra bottle of beer on a plane going to israel without being noticed .
    is it worse than london or manchestor .
    IS there some large city in europe that has no crime or anti social behavior .
    People littering is awful but i think its to do with the way you were brought up and your family backround .
    when houses prices were going down in 2008 people were complaining about negative equity .
    House prices tend to be high in large citys with a booming economy.
    this is not unique to dublin .
    I,D imagine theres less anti social behavior in israel because theres more cops and soldiers on the streets than there is in ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

We just have to absolutely MOB the new (and existing) DCC councillors now to do something. Invite them for a walk around the blackspots maybe at different times of the day.

It's all very well to spout about the homeless and object to building on derelict sites at the same time, as happened recently. We need them to get to work for us.

I'm going to be driving them nuts soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Nikki Sixx

Limerick’s former reputation as being “stab city” was lapped up by the masses. In the last week or so Dublin has had more hits than Brian McFadden. Have the guards totally lost control of the city? Funny how Dublin gets no nasty nickname, just because of broadcasters living there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Nikki Sixx wrote: »
    Limerick’s former reputation as being “stab city” was lapped up by the masses. In the last week or so Dublin has had more hits than Brian McFadden. Have the guards totally lost control of the city? Funny how Dublin gets no nasty nickname, just because of broadcasters living there.

Hmmm...The Thunderdome?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Funny how Dublin gets no nasty nickname, just because of broadcasters living there.

That's because most sensible people realise that Dublins good points vastly outweigh the bad points. The junkies can be ignored and overall Dublin is a very safe city to live in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Because Dublin is a much larger city and everyone knows there are vast areas of the city with hardly any crime

Anyway, no nasty nicknames? In any thread relating to Dublin youll see many posters say very negative things about the city

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

Greyfox wrote: »
    That's because most sensible people realise that Dublins good points vastly outweigh the bad points. The junkies can be ignored and overall Dublin is a very safe city to live in.

Translation "the leafy well-policed suburb I live in is fine, the rest of you are just overreacting".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Greyfox

El_Bee wrote: »
    Translation "the leafy well-policed suburb I live in is fine, the rest of you are just overreacting".

To be honest if you use a bit of common sense Dublin city centre is very safe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

I vote for 'Shoot City'.

Its not funny or clever but it works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭janfebmar

I vote for 'Shoot City'.

Its not funny or clever but it works.

Spike city, after the gritty drama shot in Dublin about 1979 / 1980. Also apt name for Dublin after the needle symbolizing drug taking in O' Connell st.

Advertisement