Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster vs Connacht.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,755 ✭✭✭✭bilston

I'd say you're all being a bit generous to Bundee. He hit Burns on the chin with his shoulder, which is part of the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭mjp

Who are the two Ulster lads on commentary. Surely eir could have got someone neutral in or even balance it with someone from connacht. It's embarrassing listening to it when you consider it's two Irish teams playing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

mjp wrote: »
    Who are the two Ulster lads on commentary. Surely eir could have got someone neutral in or even balance it with someone from connacht. It's embarrassing listening to it when you consider it's two Irish teams playing

Paddy Wallace is the ex pro from ulster

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭baas baa

bilston wrote: »
    I'd say you're all being a bit generous to Bundee. He hit Burns on the chin with his shoulder, which is part of the head.

Looked to me like Burns saw Aki late, that he was in the crosshairs for a big hit and ducked his head, not sure what Aki could do in the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

bilston wrote: »

I think its a YC at least. He shouldered a guy in the head.

Look at Cipriani red in October and subsequent ban

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

mjp wrote: »

Mark Robson would be in grevious danger if an ex Connacht player was in the commentary box with him.

He is PAINFUL!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Mark Robson would be in grevious danger if an ex Connacht player was in the commentary box with him.

He is PAINFUL!

Someone like Bernard Jackman.....?

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭mjp

Is he the only commentary option available to eir or had they their A team in thomond

• Subscribers Posts: 41,061 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Connacht are just a bit flat today and I think it's stemming from marmion being a little off match pace

• Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭accensi0n

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Connacht are just a bit flat today and I think it's stemming from marmion being a little off match pace

He's limping now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,321 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Connacht. Ruck protection. Non existant today.

• Administrators Posts: 53,413 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Come on Burns ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Circumstances aside, losing Jackson has been huge for Ulster, Burns just isn't at the same level.

Burns first season, has moved to a new country etc etc

Hardly fair to judge him yet. Will see how he gets on next season

• Registered Users Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Great try

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭OldRio

Game on

Hendersons pivot in contact is great for making ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,777 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Between knock ons, missed tackles, hospital passes and a sh*t show of a line out well Ulster look like they're back to their old habits.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Gallee

Seems like an awful nasty atmosphere at Ravenhill. Seems like the soccer crowd are going to all our games (including my own crowd Munster)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Gallee wrote: »
    Seems like an awful nasty atmosphere at Ravenhill

Nonsense....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Locke_Lamora

Gallee wrote: »
    Seems like an awful nasty atmosphere at Ravenhill. Seems like the soccer crowd are going to all our games (including my own crowd Munster)

Can you not be a soccer fan and a rugby one? Ridiculous comment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Great game to watch. The Pro14 is missing a trick by having so many shadow squad interpros in the regular season.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Bundee applauding the boos as he went off was a funny moment. He'll be missed on the pitch though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,411 ✭✭✭✭cson

accensi0n wrote: »
    Hendersons pivot in contact is great for making ground.

He always seems to make a couple of metres in contact minimum. Always go forward with him. Paddy Wallace said it in commentary that his 2/3 up the middle is as good as 5 out wide, which I'd agree with.

Cracking game!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

How many minutes left? Tia

Can see why TOH only has single digit Ireland caps, been pretty poor under the high ball today. You'd be massacred at International level doing that.

pc7 wrote: »
    How many minutes left? Tia

67', 13 mins left. 14-11 Ulster.

Coetze had that...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

It's a penalty connacht. Once a player from either side is there it's a ruck. Been that way since the italy England rules changes

Connacht’s ruck protection has been very poor. Allowed some very basic turnovers.

+1

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

It's a penalty connacht. Once a player from either side is there it's a ruck. Been that way since the italy England rules changes

Which Ulster player was part of the ruck? It wasn't mccloskey since he was the tackler and then rolled away no?

Advertisement