Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro14 QF: Munster vs Benetton, Sat 4th May 3pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭A-Train

Terrible attempt at the drop! Should have kept playing the ball.

Shocking kick, don't put your hand up if you are going to produce the likes of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,827 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Time up?

• Administrators Posts: 53,398 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Nigel Owens was a shambles today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭eigrod

Never in doubt :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Absolutely stole that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

That was a ****ing travesty.

I'm sick to my stomach. Munster played off the park by the better team but Nigel wins the day.

He can't retire soon enough.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,053 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Leinster would swallow up munster of they play like that again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,923 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Tense finish!! Feel for Treviso, really put it up to us. Hope they kick on further next season.

Off to the horseyhouse with us

Jaysis poor efforts at the DG from Treviso, regardless of other decisions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

The better team lost today that’s for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

I wonder will Barry Murphy be posting video clips of Nigel riding Benetton

• Registered Users Posts: 17,749 ✭✭✭✭bilston

The best team lost

Nevertheless fair play to Munster and particularly CJ Stander who won some huge penalties.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Munster didn't deserve that win.

See ye in the RDS fellas, though I'm not too concerned

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

Didn't deserve to win that. But will take it. Great kick by JJ.

Unbeaten at home at all season.

Gutted for Benetton

Leinster game next week could be ugly

• Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Dubious six point swing at the end there, you can't but feel for Treviso, but Munster will take that.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Poor Benetton.

Munster can't be that bad again. Were well beaten and two really poor calls by Owens manufactured the difference between the teams.

Munster will be a different team in the semi final, but that's as ladyboy a pack performance as I've seen in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,150 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Awful game management by Treviso in the last 10. Working it up the pitch was working but they went for 2 stupid kicks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Owens really needs to consider moving on. I don’t imagine he’ll have a goodbye season and milk it for all it’s worth.

He was coaching players through situations there, that’s not his role. He also ballsed up the communication with his ARs wanting them to tell him the offence before he pinged.

Special mention to Whitehouse’s shîhousery of allowing JJ line the kick up before telling Owens to move him back.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Did anyone ever hear the expression

"You're as lucky as a dog with 2 mickeys"

Munster must have used up 8 of their 9 lives today!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

yerrahbah wrote: »

Leinster game next week could be ugly

It certainly could - the Sarries second string have just mulched Exeter - I hope Leinster weren't watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,923 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Any spare tickets for the semi? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Munster need to drop Bleyendal and Murray. They offer no threat to the gainline. Murray is carrying his neck.

Fair play to Benetton. Made it a good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Munster can't be that bad again. Were well beaten and two really poor calls by Owens manufactured the difference between the teams.

Munster will be a different team in the semi final, but that's as ladyboy a pack performance as I've seen in a long time.

That was said after Edinburgh, Saracens and again today. A broken clock will be right eventually but there’s little sign it will happen soon.

Munster will be a different team in the semi

How so?

That Saracens trouncing has gutted their confidence. Winning against the Connacht 3rds now looks like what it was.

Munster were terrible last season against Edinburgh and then went close at the RDS. Leinster will be huge favourites. Perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,738 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Torn on the semi in two weeks time. On the one hand Leinster will be tired after the Champions Cup final. But on the other Munster look so poorly coached that their extra rest may not matter so much.

Leinster were a better team last season and barely beat Munster in the semi. I'll say the Southerners are marginal favourites.

• Advertisement

Munster, I mean, we're just glad to be here and sure we'll see what happens.

Advertisement