Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tommy Robinson campaigning for election to EU parliament - Mod warning in OP

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

gaelwave wrote: »
    It's a big circle jerk over in that kip bar a few exceptions. I just want to see him head over there and ruffle a few feathers. I think it would be hilarious altogether.
    I don't want to put words in your mouth, but would I be correct in assuming that what you're saying is that you have no idea what an MEP does, you have no idea about what happens in the European Parliament, you have no idea what Tommy Robinson's policies are or whether he has them, you have no idea what the views of any other MEPs, you have no idea what you don't like about the EU and you don't have any idea what you would like changed about the EU... it's just chaos you're after?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Unfortunately we don't all live a sheltered existence. It's dog eat dog out in the real world pal.

If you lived in a rough area of Baltimore or in some favella, that comment of yours might not be so cringey. If you live in Ireland, you're not living in some dog-eat-dog world. If you think that you do, you're suffering from what is largely known as First World Problems.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 78 ✭✭gaelwave

I don't want to put words in your mouth, but would I be correct in assuming that what you're saying is that you have no idea what an MEP does, you have no idea about what happens in the European Parliament, you have no idea what Tommy Robinson's policies are or whether he has them, you have no idea what the views of any other MEPs, you have no idea what you don't like about the EU and you don't have any idea what you would like changed about the EU... it's just chaos you're after?

They do fùck all over in the parliament, it's not chaos I'm after it's comedy.

If you lived in a rough area of Baltimore or in some favella, that comment of yours might not be so cringey. If you live in Ireland, you're not living in some dog-eat-dog world. If you think that you do, you're suffering from what is largely known as First World Problems.

I don't live in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭IAmTheReign

It's a big circle jerk over in that kip bar a few exceptions. I just want to see him head over there and ruffle a few feathers. I think it would be hilarious altogether.

So can I take that to mean you don't actually know which MEPs are yes men? Or what they're saying yes to you disagree with? You just want him elected so he can be obstinate for no reason other than it's funny?

• Advertisement

That's just objectively not true, nor funny.

So can I take that to mean you don't actually know which MEPs are yes men? Or what they're saying yes to you disagree with? You just want him elected so he can be obstinate for no reason other than it's funny?

Basically yes, who really cares about the EU elections? Less than half the electorate I'd imagine. Imagine Tommy Robinson standing up speaking in Brussels. The meltdowns from people would be so entertaining.

Basically yes, who really cares about the EU elections?
    Guarantee that this poster would complain about the EU being "undemocratic"

Guarantee that this poster would complain about the EU being "undemocratic"

Why would I think that are undemocratic? Are they making decisions and laws for sovereign countries?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

I think it would be hilarious altogether.
    it's not chaos I'm after it's comedy.

Why didn't you say that in the beginning?

We all agree that he is a clown but you were trying to suggest earlier that he was something other than a joke. You could have saved us a lot of time.

• Advertisement

Why would I think that are undemocratic? Are they making decisions and laws for sovereign countries?
    Yes.

Yes.

That could definitely be seen by some as undemocratic.

That could definitely be seen by some as undemocratic.
    How so?

How so?

Why do countries need others to tell them what to do? It's not a dictatorship is it? I know Ireland have signed up to be told what to do an all but still.

I think Ireland needs to have a foreign power tell them what to do, sure hasn't it always been that way?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,376 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

So you're here to troll. Ok. Do not post in this thread again. If you do, you will be banned from this forum.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,376 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Ok. I've reviewed the thread. The OP has all but admitted to starting it to troll and I've seen scant political discussion so I am locking it.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement