Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silence of the Wolves - A Game of Werewolf GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

A solo bus tactic by a wolf has happened before. They won but it was generally considered bad form by villagers and teammates. I’ve never bussed a teammate except when they were going down anyway and my vote would have left me exposed. Usually happens when a teammate has been peeked by a seer or something and there’s not a lot you can do about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

quickbeam wrote: »
    A solo bus tactic by a wolf has happened before. They won but it was generally considered bad form by villagers and teammates. I’ve never bussed a teammate except when they were going down anyway and my vote would have left me exposed. Usually happens when a teammate has been peeked by a seer or something and there’s not a lot you can do about it.

What game was this? would love to read over when this is finished.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

tusk wrote: »
    Can I propose an activity?

Let's all put on our wolf hats and go back over each munch. Give your most valid and most likely reason why YOU (if you were a wolf) would munch that one specific person at that particular time. Perhaps we can gather some additional info or possibilities that we've not discovered yet.
    1. Whippy
    2. Trit
    3. Barney
    4. Dandy - Most confirmed member of the village at the time imo
    5. Ecto
    6. Pter - Digi5, experience player
    7. Strawbs - To confuse the village / a new wolf mistake based off how much work she was putting in- Can't see how this was a good move for wolf G&R and that he even got lucky that Clara got roped into things lynch time
    8. Skunk - G&R seemed to create a narrative of how I would frame this munch while also highlighting that Skunk didn't like him

I'd have to search back through too many posts to guess at the early ones and I might only be awake another hour but most of the other ones could be simply good players who were not likely to be lynched at that early stage

Am actually on the brink of tears with this bloody game! :pac:

What game was this? would love to read over when this is finished.

Sorry, it was one I didn’t play myself so wanted to double check before answering. It was Westworld.

• Advertisement

Sorry, it was one I didn’t play myself so wanted to double check before answering. It was Westworld.

I remember having to resist the urge to post this (my character) after I died in that game
    WeepyIndolentKoi-size_restricted.gif

What role was that?

What role was that?

Honesty I can't remember but I do feel it was a roled player cos Maeve is a pretty significant character should probably read back over a few games myself as i've not realy returned to any yet.

Sometimes I read back to check something and then get sucked into the vortex and end up reading the lot. So beware!!

Vote made in case I fall asleep don't think I'll be changing it somehow

• Advertisement

Good luck BH. Whether you're wolfy or not. GG.

GG to all, was very enjoyable. It's broken my heart and my spirit, but for some sadistic reason I've still enjoyed it.

Just had a brain wave. If there's a 4way tie on the vote, the wolf can make sure try to make sure he's the last vote for a win. Maybe declaring is a good idea to make sure that doesn't happen?

Make sure to try make sure. Ok tusk, time for bed mate lololol

The silence is deafening

Unless one of us doesn't vote, a four way or two way tie is possible. I don't think it's a reason to declare our votes. Just vote now, and if you can vote again as close to 10am as possible to try and beat the wolf to the gate.

I'm open to disagreement on this though. If the majority think we should declare then I'll declare.

The heartbreak of coming back to boards and seeing that little 1 up in the corner and then refreshing the page only to see it's still there. The struggle is real

Unless one of us doesn't vote, a four way or two way tie is possible. I don't think it's a reason to declare our votes. Just vote now, and if you can vote again as close to 10am as possible to try and beat the wolf to the gate.

I'm open to disagreement on this though. If the majority think we should declare then I'll declare.

I'm happy either way. Just trying to weigh up all the possibilities.

I'm in a constant flux of feeling like it's impossible versus thinking we can do this

Well, we've gone from a 13% chance of finding a wolf at the start (3/23) to a 25% chance (1/4) so we're not doing too badly :) That's almost as good as it gets in this game.

Though in reality we've a better chance than that because we're using reason, not just randomness for choosing.

That's almost as good as it gets in this game.

Does it often get down to the wire like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Hey guys, busy farming for the evening

I’ll do a proper sum up of my thoughts in the morning before 10
    My head is melted with this game, I’ve been wrong for the whole thing apart from my ISO of TBallet. In every other game I’ve also been wrong, all the time!
    Makes me feel like I’m missing something from the other two but the facts are overwhelmingly biased towards it not being you.

Hopefully you two will remember that ISO of TBallet along with the one of Fixxer.
    And my hard chasing of Strawbs, I wouldn’t have done that if I was a wolf, at least not that early.

• Advertisement

Seems to

Yeah, pretty often. Quick straw-poll from my own spreadsheet is that 13 out of 38 regular games (not live games) were won by wolves, so each of them would have had to go down to the wire to reach parity. That's 34%. I've no data on ones that went down to the wire that the Village won. I'd say at a guess at least 50% do go down to the wire.

GnR before you go, can you link the tb iso?

FYI, I have done some reading back and have changed my vote. From who to who you obviously don't know. But just keeping transparent that things are moving as evidence builds and speaks to me.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110168343&postcount=2317

My memory of it was it was more damning but it still was an early enough call on her being suspicious.

I’ve a feeling one of you will vote one way and one the other, like I said yesterday when I looked at myself I couldn’t come up with anything to show my innocence. That’s what makes me convinced it’s BH because he’s the same, no proof of innocence

Nite folks

I’m going to be working from now until 10am your time so won’t really get to add much in terms of defending myself this morning so I’ll throw out one last bit now.

Think about how I’ve played though

Outspokenly Tunneled a villager and placed more votes for n her than anybody else did one player. This would at least draw heat from that player that a wolf wouldn’t want while trying to stay hidden and means I wasn’t trying to influence other villagers into getting lynched.

I was the first person to suggest doing FFAs and did so very early so that the village could gain as much info to analyze in this mountainous game. Iirc wolf TB even got annoyed at me for asking her to submit them

I was not afraid to call people out on odd posting like Clara with here wolfy saying on thread she would just go with the flow and wouldn’t give her own opinion for fear of lynching. Wolves would usually let someone else do this so as not to be the accuser and get heat back on them. Not saying it if you see it is far more wolfy just like how I pointed out things like TB (Wolf) suggesting it was an accepted fact there was a wolf in the Digi voters when it wasn’t. Is s wolf going to point out the actions of their fellow wolves if it only leads back to everyone focusing more on them?

I didn’t say I was voting for a wolf and then vote for a villager in fact I have always been very transparent with my opinion which later matched my vote even if I was often wrong.

As much as you guys said you’d consider someone other than me or G&R I really don’t expect you to vote that way but urge you to vote for G&R. No doubt he will say the opposite but I’ve said my piece and I am village.

Good or not very well played guys, twas a long game but a pleasure taking part in it with you fine folk. If the wolf is not G&R then I gotta say especially well done to the wolf, no way I’d have imagined a double busser.

Said I better answer this exercise

Can I propose an activity?

Let's all put on our wolf hats and go back over each munch. Give your most valid and most likely reason why YOU (if you were a wolf) would munch that one specific person at that particular time. Perhaps we can gather some additional info or possibilities that we've not discovered yet.
    1. Whippy - You have to start somewhere
    2. Trit - Again an easy target
    3. Barney - Same
    4. Dandy - I went after Barney at the start, he did like me at the end. Strong Digi5
    5. Ecto - Doesn't really make sense, I suppose by munching someone like this you're muddying the waters
    6. Pter - Strong player
    7. Strawbs - Makes no sense for me but maybe I do it so I can say it makes no sense
    8. Skunk - I was certain Skunk would be voting to lynch me once it was down to BH and myself. So it would have to be a double bluff

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Post count limit has been lifted since 8am

• Advertisement

I'll go through these

I’m going to be working from now until 10am your time so won’t really get to add much in terms of defending myself this morning so I’ll throw out one last bit now.

Think about how I’ve played though

Outspokenly Tunneled a villager and placed more votes for n her than anybody else did one player. This would at least draw heat from that player that a wolf wouldn’t want while trying to stay hidden and means I wasn’t trying to influence other villagers into getting lynched.
    If we are using that argument then surely its more of a positive for me? I was going hardest at Strawbs. Before that I went after Dandy. Both wrong but both putting myself in the firing line

I was the first person to suggest doing FFAs and did so very early so that the village could gain as much info to analyze in this mountainous game. Iirc wolf TB even got annoyed at me for asking her to submit them
    Last Thursday I asked for people to come back to FFAs here

I was not afraid to call people out on odd posting like Clara with here wolfy saying on thread she would just go with the flow and wouldn’t give her own opinion for fear of lynching. Wolves would usually let someone else do this so as not to be the accuser and get heat back on them. Not saying it if you see it is far more wolfy just like how I pointed out things like TB (Wolf) suggesting it was an accepted fact there was a wolf in the Digi voters when it wasn’t. Is s wolf going to point out the actions of their fellow wolves if it only leads back to everyone focusing more on them?

Again all these points are the same for me and in fact would back me up better IMO. I ISO'd TBallet and added to her as suspicious. I ISO'd Fixxer when people were bandwagoning him and said I wouldn't be lynching him. I called Clarabel out on the "Digi" post

I didn’t say I was voting for a wolf and then vote for a villager in fact I have always been very transparent with my opinion which later matched my vote even if I was often wrong.

I've given my excuse for this. I was very clear that I was on my stag. There would be no upside to me posting after the deadline to say I’d voted for someone I hadn’t. I was hammered. The “lie” was so obviously going to be found out immediately.

As much as you guys said you’d consider someone other than me or G&R I really don’t expect you to vote that way but urge you to vote for G&R. No doubt he will say the opposite but I’ve said my piece and I am village.

Snap. Look I’ve always been very strong on the Digi5, to the point where people were willing to lynch me for it. I didn’t step back then and I haven’t now. If I was a wolf at some stage I would have started pointing the finger at QB, sowing doubt, before eventually suggesting that we switch to her. I haven’t. Why would a wolf so blindly follow the Digi5, I offered to vote for with them and followed up. I could have been sowing doubt there all the time but didn’t.

Advertisement