Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 7.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,865 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Whenever you're ready Mam and damn the consequences!:D

Forgot to say that a spice bag and curry sauce is EPIC!

Was going to say I'm always ready , but that could be misconstrued :D

The spice bag was lovely , Alan's finest !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Showing my ignorance here Mam but what's in a spice bag, is it from the Chinese take-away?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Warning for the upcoming boards wedding nuptials ... we have a family wedding next weekend and we’ve had a steady stream of visitors for the last fortnight. More just after arriving. Who’s going to be in charge of teas? (Need I ask?)

GoneHome wrote: »
    Showing my ignorance here Mam but what's in a spice bag, is it from the Chinese take-away?

It is from the Chinese Takeaway G H .
    Depends on the takeaway exactly what's in the bag , it can vary . Usually spicey chips , shredded chicken , chicken balls in batter , maybe onions,chillies, peppers .

Tasty if you want to pick at different bits instead of say curry and rice , I think anyway :)

honeybear wrote: »
    Warning for the upcoming boards wedding nuptials ... we have a family wedding next weekend and we’ve had a steady stream of visitors for the last fortnight. More just after arriving. Who’s going to be in charge of teas? (Need I ask?)

Grem ???

I am not Mrs Doyle :p

ETA ,

May choose Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties as my song at this point :D

• Advertisement

honeybear wrote: »

That's gas, my mother was telling me recently that back in the day 30 or 40 years ago when people would call to the bride's family home with a gift all the other gifts would be on display - ironing boards, toasters and lamps all over the place :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I've got a pot with four spouts for just such an occassion

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Was going to say I'm always ready , but that could be misconstrued :D

The spice bag was lovely , Alan's finest !!

Alan's finest is good enough for me! Now as for being misconstrued Mam?:D

That's gas, my mother was telling me recently that back in the day 30 or 40 years ago when people would call to the bride's family home with a gift all the other gifts would be on display - ironing boards, toasters and lamps all over the place :D

My parents wedding album has such a pic!

That's what my mother did when I got married too :o

No , I didn't continue the tradition when my daughter got married !!

G , that's lovely that ye have a picture of that !
    Am still thinking on the misconstrued bit :D

• Advertisement

Alan's finest is good enough for me! Now as for being misconstrued Mam?:D

"If you can't stand the heat get out of mam's kitchen" is another of her favourite songs I'd say... 😂

"If you can't stand the heat get out of mam's kitchen" is another of her favourite songs I'd say... 😂

You're a life saver :D

That's what my mother did when I got married too :o

No , I didn't continue the tradition when my daughter got married !!

G , that's lovely that ye have a picture of that !
    Am still thinking on the misconstrued bit :D

The pic from my Grannies house shows a table with lots of gifts laid out. Cutlery, plates and lots of other stuff. No feckin toaster! I was at least 14 before I saw a toaster.:D

As for misconstrued.......you said you were ready Mam! I'm ready too! Not sure what for though,:D

The pic from my Grannies house shows a table with lots of gifts laid out. Cutlery, plates and lots of other stuff. No feckin toaster! I was at least 14 before I saw a toaster.:D

As for misconstrued.......you said you were ready Mam! I'm ready too! Not sure what for though,:D

Lol , we used to make toast on the top of the cooker , tasted awesome !!

We're always up for a laugh and fun G :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Made toast at the fireplace and under the grill on the old gas cooker, felt like one of the ultimate treats with cinnamon and sugar

Made toast at the fireplace and under the grill on the old gas cooker, felt like one of the ultimate treats with cinnamon and sugar

Tomato and cheese on toast , melted under the grill on the gas cooker too , memories :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭votecounts

Couchside with a coffee keeping up with the election results, I'm easily pleased:D

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,767 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Costa, Knutsford Services SB (#18)

Tomato and cheese on toast , melted under the grill on the gas cooker too , memories :)

Easi single on bread under the grill on an Dublin corpo electric cooker! Okay, maybe the cooker was ours, but it was electric anyways!

votecounts wrote: »
    Couchside with a coffee keeping up with the election results, I'm easily pleased:D

Apt user name :D

• Advertisement

Tomatoes?. Well la-de-feckin-da :P

Easi single on bread under the grill on an Dublin corpo electric cooker! Okay, maybe the cooker was ours, but it was electric anyways!

Lol , the pipe going through the wall to the cylinder outside used to freeze in Winter !

Ah , easi singles , (plastic cheese as I call them ) and Calvita in the box with the cow on it :D

I made a big mistake today. I watched The Champ. Haven't seen it in years. I first saw it in Dublin somewhere on release back in 1979 or thereabouts. I cried my head off. Mrs G. ran for the hills because she knew what was coming. I sat alone crying. Saddest movie ever! If you can't cry watching The Champ, you don't know how to cry.:eek:

Lol , the pipe going through the wall to the cylinder outside used to freeze in Winter !

Ah , easi singles , (plastic cheese as I call them ) and Calvita in the box with the cow on it :D

Ah Calvita. Still eat it. But I miss the most processed of the all. Champion cheese. By the block or in a mixed box as a triangle. Long long gone. Google can't even find it.

Tomatoes?. Well la-de-feckin-da :P

No option but eat them , they were home grown , and you ate what you were given or go hungry !

Ah Calvita. Still eat it. But I miss the most processed of the all. Champion cheese. By the block or in a mixed box as a triangle. Long long gone. Google can't even find it.

What was that other one in triangles, in a circular box, back in the 80s

Laughing cow?

No option but eat them , they were home grown , and you ate what you were given or go hungry !

We only grew spuds and veg that went with spuds. Tomatoes etc were viewed with suspicion by me ould fella until the nineties at least.

Laughing cow?

Yes that was it, on the spuds issue, I'm in my 40's now and still not a lover of spuds, the over exposure to them in my childhood put me off them for life

• Advertisement

You could get a Galtee and Calvita box of triangles. But there was a mixed box that had champion cheese and another that had some bacon in it. I cannot find any reference to it online. A pity.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement