Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two nineteen Local Election hotties

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Upintheeir

mariaalice wrote: »
    Do any of you realise how creepy your behavioris is?

www.irishcentral.com/news/pricewaterhousecoopers-apprentices-will-not-sue-over-sexist-emails-108376829-237363961

They were suspedated for rating the woman they worked with.
    No one works with these people as they don't do any work.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Aww, he's all grown up

CQWrgfCUcAAjPaL.jpg

OkZjBsD6.jpeg

Noel Edmunds-the pizza years.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,814 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Squatter wrote: »
    It's rather simple - they want to make a difference to their yearly income!

Its not that simple

The basic pay of a Councillor is about 15 or 16000. To run for election you need to spend money. You could easily spend 10,000. Nowadays the parties subsidise very little for candidates.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

are you suggesting that there is some deeper, perhaps philosophical, point to 'get', in a thread about the /italics WOMEN OF LE19, or?

It IS 2019, lads, and this sh1t started getting weird about ten years back.

Several mens attractiveness and unattractiveness have been commented on but your usual blinkered "ill read what i choose and get offended by that limited scope" attitude might have missed it.

Ill again ask the following question again as the last person that got offended by everything who was in here didnt answer.
    Are you naive enough to honestly believe the more attractive candidates arent banking on picking up a few votes due to their posters?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

imme wrote: »
    It has the look of "Denise does........."

She looks like a nordy country and western singer.

• Advertisement

are you suggesting that there is some deeper, perhaps philosophical, point to 'get', in a thread about the /italics WOMEN OF LE19, or?

Go away then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Don't like the thread, don't open the thread.

Go preach somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,498 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I've only read the first and last pages, but this probably qualifies as the most cringeworthy thread on this website.

Even moreso for the fact that the contributors (I guarantee you, they are mainly middle-aged, balding, impotent) don't even seem to understand the problem with it; or maybe they just don't know that it's 2019, and sh1t like this stopped being funny or appropriate years ago.

Mod:A Tyrant Named Miltiades!, stop posting in this thread. Reason: Backseat modding or being preachy in a lighthearted thread. I dunno, take your pick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

....the contributors ..I guarantee you, they are mainly middle-aged, balding, impotent).....

Speak for yourself, man :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Its not that simple

The basic pay of a Councillor is about 15 or 16000. To run for election you need to spend money. You could easily spend 10,000. Nowadays the parties subsidise very little for candidates.

It isn't a big wage but also don't forget that they can pretty much double that 15k salary with their expenses. 30k a year is decent enough for what is essentially a part time job on top of your regular job. Then there is also the foreign jollies where they head abroad to some other council in France or whereever to 'learn' how they run things over there. Then they come home and implement no changes whatsoever anyway. The real holy grail for these councillors is obviously in becoming a TD because then you can really get your snout in the trough for life.

With the exception of votes on planning permission councillors in Ireland have virtually no political power anyway. By EU standards our government is one of the most centralised in the entire continent. Its why when people have an issue they end up calling their TD and not their councillor which results in our TDs spending more time getting the road fixed when they should be concentrated on national issues and legislation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Even moreso for the fact that the contributors (I guarantee you, they are mainly middle-aged, balding, impotent).

How dare you, I'm only 2 of those things!

don't even seem to understand the problem with it; or maybe they just don't know that it's 2019, and sh1t like this stopped being funny or appropriate years ago.

No matter what gillete tells you, it is perfectly normal for people of all ages to notice and even comment on the attractiveness of other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,278 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Balf wrote: »
    D4JICl1XkAMAe6P.jpg

Changing the subject completely, I see Wicked is coming back to the Grand Canal Theatre

Actual burst out laughing at that

• Registered Users Posts: 24,278 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

padd b1975 wrote: »
    The delightful Rita and her comrades/sisters have a GoFundMe running for the last few weeks.

Out of a very ambitious target of €10,000, they've received the princely sum of.......€45.

Probably from themselves in the hope of kicking off some movement

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

That Denise McMorrow poster.....

"Caricature\Cruella" filter on 100% in Photoshop is not a great idea.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Fine Fail's latest candidate for South Dublin CC. Teresa Costello.

52776050_542328422935490_3016115323049869312_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=861ec1d4410d7bcd11a166bb5bb5534d&oe=5D67B104

57352869_570072123494453_2102121281456439296_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=72cdbfba91953fa08abffe9d54d80302&oe=5D70E0AE
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

inforfun wrote: »
    That Denise McMorrow poster.....

"Caricature\Cruella" filter on 100% in Photoshop is not a great idea.

What are you on, sunshine? She looks fantastic!

Go back to playing your computer games and leave the poor woman alone.

The tide is turning…

Mod:A Tyrant Named Miltiades!, stop posting in this thread. Reason: Backseat modding or being preachy in a lighthearted thread. I dunno, take your pick.
    Just ban me, then. You may think that judging someone by their looks is lighthearted fun, but I don't see your picture posted here.

This thread is something from a time-warp, whose contributors are old, leery men. It's disrespectful, it's creepy, and is deeply rooted in sexism.

Mod: Banned

Just ban me, then.

This thread is something from a time-warp, whose contributors are old, leery men. It's disrespectful, it's creepy, and is deeply rooted in sexism.

"You're immature commenting on other people"

"You're all old creepy and balding"

Make up your bloody mind.

Just ban me, then.

Lucky you're here to defend, to the death no less, the honour of our brave prospective county councillors.

Pat yourself on the back and go get your self a celebratory chai latte. You've done important work here!

"You're immature commenting on other people"

"You're all old creepy and balding"

Make up your bloody mind.
    You mean it doesn't feel nice to be publicly criticised, based on your appearance?

Wow, if only that was the exact point I was trying to make.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Just ban me, then. You may think that judging someone by their looks is lighthearted fun, but I don't see your picture posted here.

What's your take on the 'Most beautiful men in the world' thread?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

What are you on, sunshine? She looks fantastic!

Go back to playing your computer games and leave the poor woman alone.

She might look fantastic in real life.
    On that poster she looks exactly like i described her.
    I criticise the "work" done on her on that picture, not herself.

No hop on your tricycle and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Tomw86

You mean it doesn't feel nice to be publicly criticised, based on your appearance?

Is that you Rita?

My take is that men have not been subjected to prolonged centuries of hassle, ridicule and judgement based on (our quite irrelevant) physical appearance, and that any such commentary tends to be treated as novel and humorous. Men don't hire other men for our beauty (or otherwise), so it just doesn't matter.

Oh rollie, rollie rollie, have you not learned:mad:

Our tyrannical comrade operates on a higher more refined plain, he appreciates only the gender neutral beauty of the spirit.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

My take is that men have not been subjected to prolonged centuries of hassle, ridicule and judgement based on (our quite irrelevant) physical appearance, and that any such commentary tends to be treated as novel and humorous. Men don't hire other men for our beauty (or otherwise), so it just doesn't matter.

Same as in this thread, it's just for a laugh. And it's not just men posting in here either.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Plopsu

We all know it wasn't, though.
    Caught and called out, moves straight to, "yeah but I was doing it ironically" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,498 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Mod:

A Tyrant Named Miltiades! is taking a short holiday from the forum. Stop responding to his posts as he is unable to reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Plopsu

Same as in this thread, it's just for a laugh. And it's not just men posting in here either.

The women are also middle aged and bald.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    They look like guards or priests

Yes and they will shaft you too.....:p

Advertisement