Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam videos thread 3.4 (embedded car dash-cams only)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

LRNM wrote: »
    the bully in audi

Where was this fella in this mad story? All I see is a BMW passing you after you passed an Audi.

I'm not sure what you'd be reporting as that video shows nothing but sloppy overtaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭McCrack

Just a judgement at the time gauging his speed. There was about 2.5 artic lorry lengths between us. I would have had to swerve in and then brake and then move back out immediately to make it work and I didn't think it was the safest option.

Alternatively I could have speed up to 130+ to make the bully in audi happy and complete the overtake maneuver in 20 seconds instead of 30 seconds.

In nearly every case I'd have put the boot down tbf but when you have himself behind me I said he can wait the extra second rather than get a potential speeding ticket and encourage bad driving.

All this is what's wrong and the mentality we have on Irish roads

The simple rule on the motorway is keep left when not overtaking, try doing it and you might find you have less confrontations with other drivers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭LRNM

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Where was this fella in this mad story? All I see is a BMW passing you after you passed an Audi.

I'm not sure what you'd be reporting as that video shows nothing but sloppy overtaking.

BMW*

I keep mixing up the two.

He's behind me driving about 2ft from my bumper the entire time.

You see him practically clip me as I move back in to the left lane.

Other mad fella is guy in Sisk car doing 140km/h and swerving + tailgating all over the shop to intimidate toyota.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,334 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

I guess you had to be there

McCrack wrote: »
    All this is what's wrong and the mentality we have on Irish roads.

Hyperbole much? I know its the boards.ie way to dogpile the op for innocuous things. My overtake is hardly "all that is wrong with irish motorists".
    The simple rule on the motorway is keep left when not overtaking, try doing it and you might find you have less confrontations with other drivers
    Yeah good thing I was overtaking so doing 125km/h.
    No need for the smart arse comment either. It's rare I experience confrontations with other drivers.

fritzelly wrote: »
    I guess you had to be there

Pretty much yeah. It all happened in <2 minutes.

I posted this to recap on what happened and learn from it.

Not sure what else I could have done other than dived back into left lane and braked from 125 to 105 to accommodate bullies tailgating and speed and swerving.
    If I had have done that and posted the video, no doubt I'd have received even more criticism from above users who conveniently want to ignore everybody else.

Me chilling a bit to let Sisk driver get ahead resulted in BMW man tailgaiting me.
    Me diving back into lane behind audi would have been a sudden braking manouever at the expensive of "now now you should always be in lane 1"

FWIW there was 4 seconds gap between front of Toyota and Audi driver.

Wouldn't be too keen on squeezing in there at such a speed difference i don't know about the rest of ye.

Anyway at the risk of being more pedantic I'll just take it as a lesson learned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

"I reduce CC to 120 because fúck you now if you think I'm going to speed up to suit you"

one man's vengence is another's road rage.

The rage had already started before I said "you know what I'm not going above 125 because you're trying to bully me". The vast majority of drivers wouldn't tolerate such shíte acting.

I didn't brake check him or anything.

The rage had already started before I said "you know what I'm not going above 125 because you're trying to bully me". The vast majority of drivers wouldn't tolerate such shíte acting.

I didn't brake check him or anything.

It’s boards, I wouldn’t worry. Normally if you post the video then you’re automatically wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,921 ✭✭✭kirving

It doesn't matter if you're doing 80 or 180 in the overtaking lane and do everything by the book, there will always be some arsehole dangerously tailgating, and someone on boards.ie to defend them.

If it was a case of pulling out in front of him them I might forgive him tailgating for a few sencond while he braked or let off the gas. Not for that period of time though. I'd be going to the Gards.

kirving wrote: »
    It doesn't matter if you're doing 80 or 180 in the overtaking lane and do everything by the book, there will always be some arsehole dangerously tailgating, and someone on boards.ie to defend them.

If it was a case of pulling out in front of him them I might forgive him tailgating for a few sencond while he braked or let off the gas. Not for that period of time though. I'd be going to the Gards.

Going to the Gardai with what exactly? From that video all you see is someone overtaking cars with a dash cam and then a car passing the dash cam as he pulled into the left lane. You don't see if OP pulled out in front of the BMW or if the BMW was tailgating him. Quite common for trial by media these days and the story with most traction generally wins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

It’s boards, I wouldn’t worry. Normally if you post the video then you’re automatically wrong.

But the poster is wrong. They didn't move back left in a timely fashion after they completed their overtake. It's not rocket science.

If one person is aggravating multiple drivers then I guess everyone else must be wrong :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

tcawley29 wrote: »
    If one person is aggravating multiple drivers then I guess everyone else must be wrong :confused:

What is most noticeable to me is how the poster initially moved into the overtaking lane & remained there for 35 seconds, while not actively overtaking.
    They spent 90 seconds plus in the overtaking lane, only passing three vehicles in that time.
    Vehicles would have travelled 3km+ in that time.

That's a needlessly long time to spend overtaking & understandably causes frustration. It's the way here though & doesn't excuse the other drivers' actions.
    Two wrongs don't make a right.

Going to the Gardai with what exactly?.....You don't see if OP pulled out in front of the BMW or if the BMW was tailgating him.

I've gone to the Gardai with no video, and it was taken seriously. Video is just a backup to a statement. If the OP pulled in front, what is the BMW doing still tailgating almost 2 minutes later?
    tcawley29 wrote: »
    But the poster is wrong. They didn't move back left in a timely fashion after they completed their overtake. It's not rocket science.

From the video, if anyone pulled out when they shouldn't have it was the first Mazda 3. The OP was steadily gaining on them, as was the Fiesta and they still pulled out early. Nothing the OP can do about that.

The OP also must go by the rules of the road, and not cut off someone they have just overtaken. Doing 120km/h, it takes over 20 seconds to build up a recommended 2 second gap over a car doing 110km/h, before pulling in.

In any case, I think OP probably could have been quicker, but was not dangerous, and is not required to break the speed limit to accommodate the BMW. The BMW is dangerous.

kirving wrote: »
    I've gone to the Gardai with no video, and it was taken seriously. Video is just a backup to a statement. If the OP pulled in front, what is the BMW doing still tailgating almost 2 minutes later?

Yeah you might have assumed it was taken seriously but your can rest assured it wasn't.

Again you're making assumptions there. Where did you see the BMW tailgating?

BTW I really could care less but fascinated by people assuming OPs story to be true.

Yeah you might have assumed it was taken seriously but your can rest assured it wasn't.

Again you're making assumptions there. Where did you see the BMW tailgating?

BTW I really could care less but fascinated by people assuming OPs story to be true.

So I'm lying about how seriously the Gardai took it, how they contacted the driver, and how they called me with updates?

And the OP is also lying about the tailgating?

I guess it's easy to call people liars online when you know full well it's impossible to prove otherwise. I'm hardly posting a Pulse number, and the OP has no rear camera. I'm just taking what the OP has said at face value.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,029 ✭✭✭Jeff2

What thread am I in and how did I set it as follow..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,709 ✭✭✭✭josip

Jeff2 wrote: »
    What thread am I in and how did I set it as follow..

It's time for another episode from our Polish friends...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭yannakis

Super cringy :eek:

<fatal collision video removed>

I actually jumped in my chair

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

Madness!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Fog, yeah, speed up yeah, can't see 20 metres ahead, ah it's grand nothing could possibly go wrong

Looks like he rammed the car in front under the tailgate of the lorry.

Looks like he rammed the car in front under the tailgate of the lorry.

Yes it squashed up bad. Horrible place to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,875 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Why do these dopes drive so fast when they can’t see in front of them.

Seve OB wrote: »
    Why do these dopes drive so fast when they can’t see in front of them.

They think as it's a motorway there is no need to slow down, the mind plays tricks, education is key.... They basically have tunnel vision, tired or distracted and motor on....

Very similar in the ice or snow, some don't change their driving to suit the condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,875 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

They think as it's a motorway there is no need to slow down, the mind plays tricks, education is key.... They basically have tunnel vision, tired or distracted and motor on....

Very similar in the ice or snow, some don't change their driving to suit the condition.

Lol.
    It was a rhetorical question ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

yannakis wrote: »
    Super cringy :eek:

At least 2 people died as a result of that pile up, https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/4132640

Nothing worthy of note - usual malarkey

And boards has finally fixed the youtube tag so you can just post the link!!!!

And Oz land in an alternate reality

a

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭Cerco

^^^^^^They must have all got the vaccines &#55357;&#56835;

Advertisement