Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stoneleigh and Longstone Naas

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Mslenny

Hi there,
    How successful were you with these two requests ? The shower head and the the door.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Mslenny

Badoo wrote: »
    Yes actually noticed the door issue too - definitely a problem with the glass door for the shower. I think we might put that idea to them as well. Let me know if you get a response ;)

We don't want to be too cheeky by asking too much but we were also thinking of asking them to put a proper shower head in the main bathroom as its just a rinse hose at the moment. It would be so much more practical for guests/family. Just not sure if it's acceptable to ask for those kinds of things or not?

We went for one of the houses backing onto the golf course too - they were snapped up so quickly. It's worth it for the privacy...and lovely to look out the windows and see greenery!!

How successful were you with these two requests?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dof2020

Hi,

We recently bought a house in Longstone and we were told it’ll be ready for snagging mid March. I’m just wondering could anyone on here recommend someone who did their snag list and were happy with?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,664 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

How does everyone find the heating system?

Anyone getting the whistling sound throughout the night? I'd imagine it's the water heating up?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

How does everyone find the heating system?

Anyone getting the whistling sound throughout the night? I'd imagine it's the water heating up?
    Never heard it whistle here. Is it coming from the boiler or could it be the vents in the bathroom, sometimes when it's windy, I can hear it too.

We only had one issue with the heating when the weekly scheduled disinfection cycle would run indefinitely and then error out. Turns out, there is a fuse switch at the bottom of the boiler. It must have been tripped at some point and never checked. It was annoying since when we woke up on Saturday morning, the heating would not turn on but the hot water was there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 snag list dublin

<SNIP> Not allowed

• Registered Users Posts: 1 amerriga

Hi guys,

Myself and my partner are looking at buying or first house and home together in Longstone. We are interested in the 4 bed detached houses but can only see the larger one in person.

Does anyone on here have any pictures of the smaller or indeed willing to share pictures with us.

Thanks a million

Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Anybody in the mid or end terraced houses in Longstone? Just wondering how people find them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

amerriga wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Myself and my partner are looking at buying or first house and home together in Longstone. We are interested in the 4 bed detached houses but can only see the larger one in person.

Does anyone on here have any pictures of the smaller or indeed willing to share pictures with us.

Thanks a million

Aoife

If you call the agent they can arrange, you might have to wait with covid but when we viewed they arranged for us to see the other 4 bed detached option. They dont have one as a show house.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Gmac354

Hi all, does anyone have issues getting a mobile phone reception in the house due to the insulation? Has anyone purchased or know of someone who has purchased some kind of mobile phone booster and if you have the details? Thanks

• Advertisement

Gmac354 wrote: »
    Hi all, does anyone have issues getting a mobile phone reception in the house due to the insulation? Has anyone purchased or know of someone who has purchased some kind of mobile phone booster and if you have the details? Thanks

Yeah it's a known problem, if you have WIFI in the house just turn on WI-FI calling on your phone.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Gmac354

Yeah it's a known problem, if you have WIFI in the house just turn on WI-FI calling on your phone.

Thanks, are you able to receive incoming calls doing this?

Thanks, are you able to receive incoming calls doing this?

Yes. Only problem is text messages can be slow coming through but I get very few of them these days.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 3 PatO2020

I have a quick question regarding the social housing but more in relation to the development behind Longstone and off Craddockstown Road. There are 70 odd social and affordable houses built some of which are already occupied which I saw last week. The estate agent has confirmed during a recent viewing that there is to be a cycle way/walkway linking the two estates in the far left corner beside no.165. Is this a concern to any residents who have already bought in Longstone? I am not sure of the amount of footfall that will exist so just wanted to gauge opinion from anyone who has bought already or thinking of buying. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 CLOS

PatO2020 wrote: »
    I have a quick question regarding the social housing but more in relation to the development behind Longstone and off Craddockstown Road. There are 70 odd social and affordable houses built some of which are already occupied which I saw last week. The estate agent has confirmed during a recent viewing that there is to be a cycle way/walkway linking the two estates in the far left corner beside no.165. Is this a concern to any residents who have already bought in Longstone? I am not sure of the amount of footfall that will exist so just wanted to gauge opinion from anyone who has bought already or thinking of buying. Thanks

Hi, I think the walkway is on the opposite side beside no.47 (Connecting Stoneleigh with Longstone)because beside no.165 there is already a massive wall built which leads into a field. Also it doesn’t link up the two estates because they’re not directly behind each other. There’s a fields and a golf course in between which isn’t an issue.

I got a dual band repeater (JS-DB900/1800)but didn't get a chance to install it yet. tested it when i was expecting a call and it worked perfectly. it uses coax cable so should be able to re-use the cable already wired in the house for sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 PatO2020

Yes there is a walkway beside no.47 to link Stoneleigh and Longstone but it is in our contract and was raised by our solicitor that there is to be a second one beside no.165 and a right of way for the other estate through Longstone. This as I say was confirmed by CME also as I queried it straight away. I have seen the big wall in place in that corner and understand that the other estate is on the opposite side of the field in between but again I've been told by CME that there is to be a walkway/cycleway through that field and presumably that wall will be pulled down (strange I know..). The golf course won't be affected as it's not going to go through it but rather the field in between.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 The Alf

Hi! I'm going to be moving to Longstone in a few weeks and just wondering what broadband companies are available there? I have no Eircode yet so I can't really check availability and even using an existing house eircode it says that there's no availability there but I assume that people living there already have broadband.

Any help is much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

The Alf wrote: »
    Hi! I'm going to be moving to Longstone in a few weeks and just wondering what broadband companies are available there? I have no Eircode yet so I can't really check availability and even using an existing house eircode it says that there's no availability there but I assume that people living there already have broadband.

Any help is much appreciated!

It's really only just virgin at the moment here

I'm in Stoneleigh and we have SIRO with Vodafone here.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

It's not in longstone just yet. Its been wired but its not ready to go

• Registered Users Posts: 4 The Alf

Thank you both :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Amerz

Hi all, in the process of purchasing a 3 bed mid terrace. Can anyone advise on this particular house? Also how is everyone settling in? The places looks fab

Did you get SIRO broadband installed or do you know anyone in Stoneleigh that has it already?

It just became available in Longstone and i'm trying to get my head around how the router will be able to sit in the utility room upstairs (4 bed semi-d) when the house isn't wired for optic cable from the inlet box, just coax.

adnans wrote: »
    Did you get SIRO broadband installed or do you know anyone in Stoneleigh that has it already?

It just became available in Longstone and i'm trying to get my head around how the router will be able to sit in the utility room upstairs (4 bed semi-d) when the house isn't wired for optic cable from the inlet box, just coax.

Yes I've SIRO installed but my router is in my living room downstairs.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Tom_Walsh

Hi all,

I have just put a deposit for a 3bed semi in Longstone. The houses look lovely but I have a few concerns about the area, never been to Naas before.

There is going to be a huge new development in Blessington rd just opposite to the golf course, will that be an issue for traffic? Do you think the social housing should be something to keep in mind? How is it safety wise? Is the community good there?

Thanks so much in advance.

Hey did you move in yet? Naas is absolutely fine place to live to be honest. I lived there for 20 + years and grew up there. Although people saying its facilities and amenities are stretched it has a lot. Multiple schools, multiple supermarkets - Tescos x 2, Dunnes, Aldi x 2 , Lidl x 2, Supervalu. Multiple pubs, gyms , restaurants etc. You would pay a lot more money in Rathcoole/Dublin for a lot less! RE Traffic it can be bad but hopefully you can work from home 2/3 days a week? It's going to be bad in most commuter towns. Maybe Kill/Johnstown is better as closer to N7

Social housing you will get 10% in most new housing estates now i believe. I hope this was not an issue for you.

Thanks both for your answers! Shame that the relief road has been voted down. As you said if so many people will be moving there hopefully the amount of services will increase too.

Do you know how busy are the 126 or 737 buses that go to Dublin in the mornings? I wanted to use my electric scooter from Longstone to get the bus (so it should be 5 minutes) but don't know if I can bring it with me in the bus.

Thanks again for your help, appreciate it!

126 is fairly busy but you will normally get a seat, we also khave green bus to red cow luas and we have train from sallins to Heuston with a feeder bus from Naas regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lavendersage

Hello, I'm looking at booking a 4 bed house in longstone... any idea when will the next phase come? Or anything available at the moment. Thanks

PatO2020 wrote: »
    Yes there is a walkway beside no.47 to link Stoneleigh and Longstone but it is in our contract and was raised by our solicitor that there is to be a second one beside no.165 and a right of way for the other estate through Longstone. This as I say was confirmed by CME also as I queried it straight away. I have seen the big wall in place in that corner and understand that the other estate is on the opposite side of the field in between but again I've been told by CME that there is to be a walkway/cycleway through that field and presumably that wall will be pulled down (strange I know..). The golf course won't be affected as it's not going to go through it but rather the field in between.

You would have to assume the field would be the remainder of the social housing as i don't believe the full 74 social houses have been built. If you look on Google maps satellite you get a good idea. Good post thanks for sharing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 CNNA

Hello, I'm looking at booking a 4 bed house in longstone... any idea when will the next phase come? Or anything available at the moment. Thanks

Did you get any update on this? Waiting on the next phase of 4 beds myself! thanks

Advertisement