Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stoneleigh and Longstone Naas

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Louised86 wrote: »
    Our solicitor received the contracts the very last day (today 2 weeks ago) before the builders and tradesmen were to start their two weeks holidays. I didn't expect to get the contracts so soon, haven't arranged an engineer/surveyor to come out to do their checks for us before we sign contracts - can I ask who you used to do this, can you recommend someone? Also, was there pressure on you to sign the contracts quickly?

We got 21 days to sign. There was a bit of pressure alright tbh. In the end worked out OK though

The foreman is Wayne. Really nice guy. Arranged to meet him through the EA. He brought us into the house etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Louised86

We got 21 days to sign. There was a bit of pressure alright tbh. In the end worked out OK though

The foreman is Wayne. Really nice guy. Arranged to meet him through the EA. He brought us into the house etc.

Thank you. All that happens though if you aren’t signed in 21 days is no built in appliances isn’t it? Is it 21 working days or calendar days? I’ll contact CME to meet with Wayne then next week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Louised86 wrote: »
    Thank you. All that happens though if you aren’t signed in 21 days is no built in appliances isn’t it? Is it 21 working days or calendar days? I’ll contact CME to meet with Wayne then next week

Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 17 CreepOfTheWeek

We are due to meet Wayne on Thursday, while I'll obviously be bringing up the en suite door with him and approximate move-in dates does anyone have any other suggestions as to what to ask?

I'm excited to see the house and other than a few queries I have I'm drawing a blank on what to discuss, should there be anything we're asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

We are due to meet Wayne on Thursday, while I'll obviously be bringing up the en suite door with him and approximate move-in dates does anyone have any other suggestions as to what to ask?

I'm excited to see the house and other than a few queries I have I'm drawing a blank on what to discuss, should there be anything we're asking?

We're planning to organise a meeting for sometime next week. The only other thing on top of my head would be when to schedule the flooring and carpets to be put into the house?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭tastyt

adnans wrote: »
    We're planning to organise a meeting for sometime next week. The only other thing on top of my head would be when to schedule the flooring and carpets to be put into the house?

Hey guys , looking at a few places in naas, would be commuting to Dublin. Anyone find the new road making much difference yet?

Thanks

I commute from Naas to Dublin 2 daily and more or less do the regular 9-5 hours and while there has been a substantial difference in the commuting time it used to be about 1 hr 20min (sometimes more if there is a crash) is now 45min - 1hr and this has been fairly consistent. However, I will say that the new road opening coincided with the schools being finished which usually does make quite a big difference for me anyway. So while it has improved and I think the weather being better, coupled with the fact that there haven't been too many accidents this summer might be behind this. It's hard to tell until schools are back.

Around Monread/Sallins road can still be hairy enough esp the roundabout heading in towards Sallins and I'm really hoping when Junction 9A is up and running this will alleviate some issues there. Also, some motorists tend to use the ring road by Kerry Group to avoid the motorway if there is traffic which makes that stretch clogged up too.

One alternative is the train. There's a pretty good schedule from Sallins into Dublin and return - have heard parking in the train station is a nightmare but that doesn't affect me as I can walk to the train station.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 PBGT31

Hey guys,
    Myself and my partner bought one of the 3 bed semis looking onto the golf course back in Feb.
    We met with Wayne last week and he brought us for a look around the house which was great!
    Our house is complete so we are looking at mid September to get in.
    Is anyone else looking at that sort of time?
    Our snag is being done next Friday - has anyone had any issues with theirs?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭simons104

PBGT31 wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    Myself and my partner bought one of the 3 bed semis looking onto the golf course back in Feb.
    We met with Wayne last week and he brought us for a look around the house which was great!
    Our house is complete so we are looking at mid September to get in.
    Is anyone else looking at that sort of time?
    Our snag is being done next Friday - has anyone had any issues with theirs?

Had a cracked window pane, the pane in patio door was badly scratched & a few marks in one of the bathroom cabinets. Replaced without question. Other than that it was just general tidying up of painting etc. Wayne is bang on, very easy to deal with

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Jairus

Hi

We are close to putting a deposit down in Longstone however I have a question for those that have already purchased - where is the allocation for social housing?

We asked this directly to a sales agent at the weekend and were told the council have not decided yet, which Im pretty sure is not true ( I have a friend who deals with property developers/contractors and has advised same).

Would appreciate any info on this.

Many thanks

K

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,664 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Jairus wrote: »
    Hi

We are close to putting a deposit down in Longstone however I have a question for those that have already purchased - where is the allocation for social housing?

We asked this directly to a sales agent at the weekend and were told the council have not decided yet, which Im pretty sure is not true ( I have a friend who deals with property developers/contractors and has advised same).

Would appreciate any info on this.

Many thanks

K

The social housing estate is off the Craddockstown road but not sure if this backs onto Longstone or Stoneleigh.

The social housing in Longstone will only be 10%, I'm not sure where exactly it is back but if there is planning for terraced housing that is where it will be.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Jairus

The social housing estate is off the Craddockstown road but not sure if this backs onto Longstone or Stoneleigh.

The social housing in Longstone will only be 10%, I'm not sure where exactly it is back but if there is planning for terraced housing that is where it will be.

Hi

Yes there are mid/end terraced houses on the side of the site that backs on to the other social housing estate between Longstone and Stoneleigh. 16 of them in fact.

Thank you for clarifying.
    K

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Big Boardy

Hi,

Just bought in Longstone and curious about whether or not anyone else has been looking into tv and broadband providers yet, how long they might take to come out and install, where sky dish might need to go/point towards etc?

Thanks.

I think the site manager said it is wired up for Virgin Media broadband and if we wanted Sky the dish has to go to the back of the house. He was unsure if Sky were going to have broadband there also.

I know some people have moved in already so if any of them were on this thread they'd be able to offer more info!

SIRO is available in Stoneleigh so it could also be available in Longstone. You may need to ask the foreman.

Houses are wired for Virgin Media and Eir. Virgin probably the best but if SIRO was available i'd be looking at that.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Has anyone with a 4 bed semi detached got a quote for getting flooring in the attic? For storage, etc.

Can I ask what broadband providers people have used that have already moved in? Would prefer to have Sky TV and Broadband but as our house isn't completed just yet I can't provide them with an eircode to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Louised86

Can I ask what broadband providers people have used that have already moved in? Would prefer to have Sky TV and Broadband but as our house isn't completed just yet I can't provide them with an eircode to check.

We went with Virgin Media. Sky broadband wasn’t available at the estate, might not be for a while

Went with Virgin Media, quick installation, works great. Really wanted to try out SIRO but it seems they're not in the estate. Stoneleigh has them so it's only a matter of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Shazza123

Hi All

We are waiting to put down deposit in Longstone & just wondered if anyone on this thread ( who may have since moved in & is living in the estate ) has any details you think we should know - dealing with the builders etc - did all go ok & are they easy to deal with ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭-aurora

Shazza123 wrote: »
    Hi All

We are waiting to put down deposit in Longstone & just wondered if anyone on this thread ( who may have since moved in & is living in the estate ) has any details you think we should know - dealing with the builders etc - did all go ok & are they easy to deal with ?

Potentially will be in the same position myself and would be interested in hearing others experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭simons104

-aurora wrote: »
    Potentially will be in the same position myself and would be interested in hearing others experience.

I'm stoneleigh. Builders couldn't have been easier to deal with

Moved into Longstone about a month ago and found it to be such an easy transition. We were given the go-ahead to move in a week before Christmas and Wayne (the site manager) could not have been more helpful. We were slightly delayed by 2 days in getting the keys because Longstone's solicitor was delayed but I put this down to the fact that there were a large number of houses getting signed over in a short period of time, but like I said it was 2 days and wasn't really an issue. Builders have been great, Wayne is fantastic if you have any queries so I would have no complaints.

They're laying down fibre lines outside in Longstone today. Guess we can expect to have an alternative to Virgin Media broadband soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 cspk12342020

Hi all, I am just wondering if anyone has been successful in getting them to re hang the en suite door so that it swings out into the bedroom rather than into the en suite?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 The Alf

Hi all,

I have just put a deposit for a 3bed semi in Longstone. The houses look lovely but I have a few concerns about the area, never been to Naas before.

There is going to be a huge new development in Blessington rd just opposite to the golf course, will that be an issue for traffic? Do you think the social housing should be something to keep in mind? How is it safety wise? Is the community good there?

Thanks so much in advance.

The Alf wrote: »
    Hi all,

I have just put a deposit for a 3bed semi in Longstone. The houses look lovely but I have a few concerns about the area, never been to Naas before.

There is going to be a huge new development in Blessington rd just opposite to the golf course, will that be an issue for traffic? Do you think the social housing should be something to keep in mind? How is it safety wise? Is the community good there?

Looking at the planning permission for that huge new development, it's not going to be opposite the golf course but down the road, closer to the Ballycane Rd/Blessington Rd junction.

c2OgW1u.png

I don't commute so I can't say how bad traffic is during peak times but the council has proposed a Naas Inner Relief Road.

http://www.kildare.ie/CountyCouncil/PublicConsultations-Part8Schemes/RoadsandTransportation/NaasInnerReliefRoad/Naas%20Inner%20Relief%20Brochure%20D.pdf

The proposed above development is also limited to the first phase until the contract for construction for the proposed relief road is signed by the planning authority.

The Alf wrote: »
    Hi all,

The area is fine atm but could do with a few more services. Not too far from town so walking is a possibility. The social estate still isn't finished and hopefully they won't be too bad.

900 odd new houses to be built across from Longstone. Can't believe this has got the go ahead as the schools, creches, doctors, hospitals are already over run. Traffic is poor in the town and the road to Dublin is log jammed at rush hour. I'd imagine 50% of people moving in will be commuting to Dublin. So this will only get worse.

The relief road was voted down. Any new road is probably years off. It's badly needed at this stage.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 4 The Alf

Thanks both for your answers! Shame that the relief road has been voted down. As you said if so many people will be moving there hopefully the amount of services will increase too.

Do you know how busy are the 126 or 737 buses that go to Dublin in the mornings? I wanted to use my electric scooter from Longstone to get the bus (so it should be 5 minutes) but don't know if I can bring it with me in the bus.

Thanks again for your help, appreciate it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Johnspar

No idea how busy the bus service is in the morning's but Go Ahead began operating these routes last year and their website has all details re mobility scooters

https://www.goaheadireland.ie/dublin-commuter-frequently-asked-questions

Advertisement