Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are the every day items that you despise?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

Flip-flops. I loathe the things. Not only are they ugly as hell and expose people's ugly feet to the world, they're noisy as hell. And bad for you.

Dishcloths, whenever the person who used it last just left it sitting in the sink, sopping wet and half full of butter, crumbs and jam.

Usually the same kind of scutter-head who leaves a pile of wet teabags in the sink and 3 almost empty milk cartons in the fridge.

Same sort of dirtbag who uses a toilet brush as a turd-poker and thinks it’s okay to just stuff it back in the holder, half full of trouser brownies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Tea bags.

I love tea. I have maybe 10 or so cups a day, but the leftover damp squidgy bags drive me insane. Also husbands bad habit of emptying the used bags out of the teapot into the sink and squishing them in the corner - of the white ceramic belfast fcuking sink - before disposing of them, is rage inducing. He then runs the tap for 2 seconds because apparently that's all you need to do to keep the sink sparkling clean.:mad:

Then the conundrum of what to do with them. I don't have a compost bin, or even a brown bin for food waste and it drives me mad to put them straight into the regular bin which turns it into a big soggy mess. So they go into a dish until it's time to put the bin out. It saves having to deal with the dreaded "bin juice".

I'm off to make a cup of tea now.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

Gates that are a bit wonky, so you have to lift them and fiddle them to line the lock up properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,574 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Flip-flops. I loathe the things. Not only are they ugly as hell and expose people's ugly feet to the world, they're noisy as hell. And bad for you.

Likewise with bare feet in sandals, I've the decency to wear socks with my sandals

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Likewise with bare feet in sandals, I've the decency to wear socks with my sandals

Knee socks, I hope :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Flip-flops in the office, the annual migration will take place soon. Thankfully my current workplace is quite formal!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

Rubbish bins.

I feel like I need to be wearing a forensic suit when I have to put the rubbish out as I just imagine them crawling with germs, rat urine and disease. OCD style hand washing afterwards.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,324 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Greentopia wrote: »
    Smoke alarm that went off when I burned the toast :mad:
    Smoke alarm that didn't go off when I burned the house down:(

Possibly because I never bothered putting a battery in it - these things really need to be proofed against human error:mad:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Liquid laundry capsules.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

I hate all forms of newspapers and magazines. Its the smell off of them, tabloids being the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gonad

Your Face wrote: »
    Those denim jackets with the sheepskin collars.

I had a Levi one I bought about 15 years ago . It wasn’t denim it was the brown chord one with the sheepskin inside . I wore it once and it was hanging in my wardrobe for years . My friend seen it one day and nearly died . Saying he had one years ago and it was his favourite coat . He was offering me all sorts for it. I just took it out and threw it at him and he is wearing it nearly everyday the past few years :)

Horrible things.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Quilts/ quilt covers. With all the advancements humankind has made over the years, no one has been able to figure out how to improve the task of putting a quilt cover on. It takes the same energy to do it as running a marathon, and the end result is always lumpy on one end, loose on the other, even after the two hours it takes to try and flatten/ even it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,192 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Gonad wrote: »
    I had a Levi one I bought about 15 years ago . It wasn’t denim it was the brown chord one with the sheepskin inside . I wore it once and it was hanging in my wardrobe for years . My friend seen it one day and nearly died . Saying he had one years ago and it was his favourite coat . He was offering me all sorts for it. I just took it out and threw it at him and he is wearing it nearly everyday the past few years :)

Horrible things.

I tried one on a few years ago and I felt like I was in Brokeback Mountain!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭HBC08

tim3000 wrote: »
    I hate all forms of newspapers and magazines. Its the smell off of them, tabloids being the worst.

I have this too. It's pretty severe. I can't be in restaurant or cafe and be within 10 feet of anybody reading a paper, a magazine less so but still bad.

Quilts/ quilt covers. With all the advancements humankind has made over the years, no one has been able to figure out how to improve the task of putting a quilt cover on. It takes the same energy to do it as running a marathon, and the end result is always lumpy on one end, loose on the other, even after the two hours it takes to try and flatten/ even it out.

Turn the cover inside out, grab the 2 corners of the duvet and shake the bejesus out of it. I also gain an advantage by standing on the bed, but then I am an average sized woman. It's done in a jiffy and it takes only a small amount of exertion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Turn the cover inside out, grab the 2 corners of the duvet and shake the bejesus out of it. I also gain an advantage by standing on the bed, but then I am an average sized woman. It's done in a jiffy and it takes only a small amount of exertion.

I was shown this trick before, and it works pretty well for a single duvet. A king size, not so much. Or maybe some people are destined to never master this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭boardise

Tattoos. Repulsive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

People who make money out of other people's grief.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,192 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

People who make money out of other people's grief.

Mr Kleenex?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,753 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Showers in hotel rooms.

You'd need a degree in engineering and thermodynamics to avoid being frozen to death or scalded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

Supermarket trolleys that prefer to steer towards the left.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Supermarket trolleys that prefer to steer towards the left.

They're the unionised ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭EL_Loco

I was shown this trick before, and it works pretty well for a single duvet. A king size, not so much. Or maybe some people are destined to never master this

hold on to it over the bannister, you've more of a drop to let it "hang free" and fill the cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

The smell off a match that's just been blown out.

I have a king size duvet, and it's a duck down heavy one and I manage it. As another poster said, put it over the banisters. I live in a dormer bungalow so the best I can do is standing on the bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

Tomato ketchup left on plates for me to wash.

Fncking hell, maybe it rots brains but if you must eat the vile stuff make some kind of effort at calculating how much you will use, don't leave half a cup full behind. Blech!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Zorya wrote: »
    Tomato ketchup left on plates for me to wash.

Fncking hell, maybe it rots brains but if you must eat the vile stuff make some kind of effort at calculating how much you will use, don't leave half a cup full behind. Blech!

My dad always said that Heinz made its millions from the ketchup left on a plate

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

Bleach .... can't stand the smell. I immediately want to vomit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Charger cables ! I seem to spend my life searching through the 2 boxes of chargers i keep in the press. Phone chargers ...laptop chargers....portable Dyson charger.....camera chargers ... chargers for stuff long gone but sure I can't remember the **** what they're for so I can't throw them out cause you know for sure that the second you do THAT will be the one you need.

Oh to live in a world where one style charger fitted every electrical item regardless of voltage.

Advertisement