Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are the every day items that you despise?

Options
  • 22-04-2019 3:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 30,191 ✭✭✭✭

I absolutely despise black shoes. I think they remind me of school. All my principal used do was yell shoes and blow a whistle into your ear if you weren't wearing black school shoes.
    He also did the same regarding ties. Basically poke you into a corner with his finger until you pulled up your tie.(So ties as well)

What are the every day items that you despise?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Those denim jackets with the sheepskin collars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭chrissb8

Wallets. Crap design I think to hold money and think purses are far superior for holding change and cards etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

Your Face wrote: »

They make me so angry
    Where do ***** even get them

• Registered Users Posts: 30,191 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

tupenny wrote: »
    They make me so angry
    Where do ***** even get them

I think I've seem them in almost every high street style shop over the last few years especially in Autumn/Winter!

My bedroom door knob. It sometimes takes half a turn or sometimes takes three. And it can fall otf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

My bedroom door knob. It sometimes takes half a turn or sometimes takes three. And it can fall otf.

Why not go to Woodies?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Mayonnaise.

The TV remote control with brand new batteries and a couple of buttons that don’t work reliably.

It has almost been f***** at the TV countless times.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,285 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Why not go to Woodies?

It'd be a bit of a trip just for for a doorknob.

For me it's my curtains: I get bad insomnia and end up trying to sleep during the day but they don't block the light when the wind is blowing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭gifted

The coal bucket...every time I go to put coal on the stove the dam bucket is empty ......

• Advertisement

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Why not go to Woodies?

No Woodies where I am, but I don't even need that. I just need to ask security downstairs and they'll get someone in to do it.

The alarm on my phone, every time it goes off I want to fcuk the phone out the window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

My Nespresso coffee maker.. It makes lovely coffee but the noise would waken the dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

No Woodies where I am, but I don't even need that. I just need to ask security downstairs and they'll get someone in to do it.

Prison?!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,806 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I absolutely despise black shoes. I think they remind me of school. All my principal used do was yell shoes and blow a whistle into your ear if you weren't wearing black school shoes. He also did the same regarding ties. Basically poke you into a corner with his finger until you pulled up your tie.(So ties as well)

Picked a fight with the principal over male hair styles, I've long hair, I won, and he looked pretty stupid after it. Authoritive figures should always be questioned and challenged, it makes for a better society

• Registered Users Posts: 4,603 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

I'm with the above on the TV remotes. A hundred buttons of which only five are used, in no obvious order. And all different.
    My heart sinks down when I see a TV remote:
    Obviously, I never watch TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Hobosan

Jade eggs. Bloody things don't seem to work as advertised at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭NSAman

Hobosan wrote: »
    Jade eggs. Bloody things don't seem to work as advertised at all.

Bring em back for a refund and get a better quality vibrator.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,874 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

JayZeus wrote: »
    The TV remote control with brand new batteries and a couple of buttons that don’t work reliably.

It has almost been f***** at the TV countless times.

Changing batteries doesn't fix broken buttons. Fix the buttons or changing the remote would resolve the problem.

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Picked a fight with the principal over male hair styles, I've long hair, I won, and he looked pretty stupid after it. Authoritive figures should always be questioned and challenged, it makes for a better society

Big difference between double standards and not wearing the correct colour shoes that everyone else has to wear. But yeah fight the man!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭xabi

Pricks that use my alarm tone as their ring tone, mild panic when their phone goes off.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Wires and plugs are the bane of my existence.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,806 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Del2005 wrote: »
    Big difference between double standards and not wearing the correct colour shoes that everyone else has to wear. But yeah fight the man!

where are the double standards, and what should be the 'correct colour', and who should decide this, and why? should individuality be encouraged, why should all humans be the same, and does it truly benefit society being so?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,765 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Tucked in shirts.
    Always hated this look.
    Suit with a tie on is the only time I'll ever tuck in a shirt.

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    where are the double standards, and what should be the 'correct colour', and who should decide this, and why? should individuality be encouraged, why should all humans be the same, and does it truly benefit society being so?

Since you fought the man over double standards surely you know what they are. Or did you just make up your post?

The correct colour is black. The principal of the school choose it, but it could be a manager or owner, because its a uniform and when you choose to go to the school or take a job that requires a uniform you wear it or go somewhere that doesn't have a uniform. You can still be an individual on your own time.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭freddie1970

The smell of bacon and cabbage cooking in a house ..hate it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,026 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Yes!! Remind me of Frank Gallagher from Shameless USA.

As for things I despise, the processes that need doing as an adult: phone bills, car tax etc. Never a time when something doesn't need paying.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Edit: double post

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Agreed. I was an early adopter of this jacket and thought I was the jazziest cat on any given street. Until a few months later when it dawned on me I looked like a tw*t.

This reminds me, I need to head to the charity shop to get rid of the thing once and for all, as if it never happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,765 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Yurt! wrote: »
    Agreed. I was an early adopter of this jacket and thought I was the jazziest cat on any given street. Until a few months later when it dawned on me I looked like a tw*t.

This reminds me, I need to head to the charity shop to get rid of the thing once and for all, as if it never happened.

When was this early adoption?
    These jackets aren't new by any means.

Do tell us how ahead of the curve you are!

Advertisement