Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

"Non book readers" - Season 8 Episode 2 "A Knight of the 7" - Spoilers post 2 fo

Options
  • 21-04-2019 7:40pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Note anything after this post may contain spoilers for the episode; do not read or open this thread until you have watched the whole episode!!!

This is ONLY about the specific episode! No information from any other source but listed below are allowed to be posted but book related information is allowed as well as the lore from the DVDs. Anything relating to interviews or articles directly related to this episode can be posted with a spoiler tag.

The "Next Episode" and any speculation on what may come in the future episodes should be put in the appropriate stickied Season 8 speculation thread; any funny pictures from the episode should be posted in this thread until Wednesday rather than the funny picture thread.

Note - No spoiler tags required for the current episode in this thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Pretty good second episode, will certainly please those who found the first episode boring. Nice seeing Arya getting her kit off haha.
    Lot of laugh out loud moments in it again which is a bit strange, brans opening line for me was a standout line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Aria still looks like a kid. Gendry doesn’t. I found it uncomfortable.

Built tension alright but would have preferred if more stuff happened beyond reunions and conversations.

Is the crypt a good place to take shelter from a necromancer?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Built tension alright but would have preferred if more stuff happened beyond reunions and conversations.

Is the crypt a good place to take shelter from a necromancer?

If he gets that close to them they're dead anyway. Agree with you about Arya and Gendry getting in on being a bit weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,770 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Decent episode with hopefully the end of these reunion/feel good moments between characters and it's all business from now on. Odd that Cersi didnt appear once in this episode

I honestly thought Jons big reveal would be more epic but it's really a bit anti climatic and not much of a deal tbh

That end was a bitch as u just want it too continue and now we have too wait another week

Happy with the leak as I can now go asleep instead of being up til 3am too watch it. Hard too knw will next weeks be leaked ??

The hound what a legend

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Enjoyed that episode. Felt like the final bits of levity and fun the show had left. Things are going to get sad, brutal and bloody from this point on.

How much time has actually passed in the show? Book Arya was 9 but aged up to 11 in season 1. I know it's medieval times and all but Gendry, come on...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

J. Marston wrote: »
    Enjoyed that episode. Felt like the final bits of levity and fun the show had left. Things are going to get sad, brutal and bloody from this point on.

How much time has actually passed in the show? Book Arya was 9 but aged up to 11 in season 1. I know it's medieval times and all but Gendry, come on...
    The world's about to end, there's no time left for morals.

Could have made one episode out of tonights and last weeks..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Mc Love wrote: »
    Pretty good second episode, will certainly please those who found the first episode boring. Nice seeing Arya getting her kit off haha.
    Lot of laugh out loud moments in it again which is a bit strange, brans opening line for me was a standout line.

I feel dirty - but happy at the same time :D

But seriously, Arya has been my favourite character throughout, but I still see her as a baby - I was very conflicted during that scene. I would liken it to seeing your daughter get nailed!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

Lol HBO had a tweet earlier about 'things Arya did before 18' , now it's obvious why

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I am not ready to see Lyanna Mormont die on the battlefield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Pretty good second episode, will certainly please those who found the first episode boring.

:confused: They literally sat/stood around almost the entire episode engaging in smalltalk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

Pretty good second episode, will certainly please those who found the first episode boring.

Not sure about that ... was quite a boring episode really.

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Hmm....hiding all the noncombatants in a crypt full of dead bodies when your enemies can raise the dead has... a certain obvious flaw as a plan.

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

You're not the only one, it seems :o

YizGfQil.png

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

They could have really done without that scene with Arya and Gendry.
    It just felt tacked on.
    Although apparently she was 11 for season 1 so therefore she would be 18 now so it shouldn't feel out of place.
    I suppose because we've watched her as a child from season 1 it was always gonna be awkward.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

The show seems to have lost any semblance of subtlety and has been taking too many Member Berries. I felt like these two episodes, this one far more so, wasn’t trusting it’s audience to remember details from the past. It felt very clunky for most of it.

The reunions and big moments, like Jon revealing his lineage to Dani, are still underwhelming. Thank god for all the action that’s coming because I trust they will be consistent with that at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

That was kinda Sh!te to be quiet honest. Conversations between characters were predictable. Waste of two episodes imo. Kicking off next week though.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

mike_ie wrote: »
    Hmm....hiding all the noncombatants in a crypt full of dead bodies when your enemies can raise the dead has... a certain obvious flaw as a plan.

How do the resurrections happen. I thought the night king only had power over those he or his army killed as in the Hardhome zombies. Does he have to touch the dead in order to raise them? I'm confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

I thought that episode was brilliant. Probably the last time we'll get to see some of these huge characters interact.
    Episode 3 is going to be absolute carnage!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I really want to see how Bran is getting about in that wheelchair.

He was in a foot of snow at one point, then indoors refusing help from Tyrion in what one can safely assume is not an accessible building.

We really should have seen it by now, what is he going to do when the Night King comes for him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Fantastic episode, this is why I watch, not for the big battle scenes, but for the characters.

Regarding Arya's age, Sansa was going to be married to Joffrey when she was 13 if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭North of 32

I really enjoyed that. The humour was funny and the interactions were moving. As people have said, it's obvious most of these characters will not speak again. It was nice to enjoy that for a final time and not just rush to the doom.

That is what episode 1 should have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

I agree, great episode, a real tension builder.

What else would people do when they know almost certain death is heading their way? They would be busy making plans on the best chance of survival, they would sit around reminiscing about times gone bye and they would try get laid for the first/last time.

Next week is surely going to be 72 minutes of balls to the wall action.

My girlfriend and I both agree that was the worst episode of Game of Thrones to date.

We thought the last one was fine cause it brought everyone together in some meaningful way, but this would just had awful dialogue with a focus on all the wrong stuff.

I wish there was only one episode left next week because clearly, if they are finding time to knight Brienne, sing songs, and talk about cocks, there is absolutely nothing of substance left.

Couldn't they even write a few lines more for Dany and Jon at the end? What purpose did it serve cutting the only important part of the episode short. Pathetic. And why did Sam need to interrupt Bran when Bran was finally saying something interesting.

And how the heck did Jaime and Bran meeting get less screentime than Arya and Gendry with Arya being her little ninja self. I feel cheated after so many years.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Hobosan

It's a spectacular failure, the best kind of failure. All the goodwill built up between certain characters, all to be undone before our eyes.

Any scene with Emilia Clarke is automatically terrible. She was fine as the frail innocent bride in the beginning, but her acting has not changed a bit since then despite having a roller-coaster of a story arc! The CGI dragons have more emotion than her.

What more could you ask for?

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭thefa

Could have made one episode out of tonights and last weeks..

We could’ve had a good moan about how rushed the reunions and battle preparation were then! Seriously though, this is hopefully going to be one of the best battle of the show and a number of those characters are going to be bumped off. For all the complaints about pacing last season, think they’ve gotten it right slowing down this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Hobosan

Also, Arya threw those obsidian shards with about as much vigor as you'd expect from a Ground Sloth... It's like they're not even trying half the time.

Brilliant television.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Very disappointing. 70 minutes of faffing around.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭roady rhodes

Jeez Louise, tough crowd, great episode in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

HONESTLY

HONESTLY

Thought we'd get something.

Next Week is Gonna BE ON THO!

Advertisement