Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular places to go on holidays

Options
  • 19-04-2019 10:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭

Looking for genuine off the wall holiday ideas. Would Yemen be nice this time of year?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Navan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Moldova.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

I hear South Sudan is nice this time of year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Pretty Polky

Leitrim

• Registered Users Posts: 6,540 ✭✭✭Allinall

Termonfeckin.

I spent a week there one night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Holiday in Cambodia ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,285 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Venezuela

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Leitrim

Narnia. I can name madey up places too.

Holiday in Cambodia ?

It's tough kid, but it's life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

What's the point, you're not going to do any of them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,808 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Luxembourg, the pure bordom I experienced there is second to none

Iraq is da bomb.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

Air b&b in Moyross Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

Great video on YouTube about that. I know some Romanian lads that say it’s like the Wild West. Well east.

Moldova

https://youtu.be/wnDxHTaeNX0

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

poisonated wrote: »
    Moldova.

Don't knock it. I'd a great time there. I remember spending all day in one bar. I'd breakfast with a friend and we spent the whole day drinking. Tab came to £25 each. Local Chisinau brew of the same name was superb as well.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

There is a lovely island off the coast of Suriname

• Advertisement

Strumms wrote: »
    Luxembourg, the pure bordom I experienced there is second to none

All I remember is how expensive it is for everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Don't knock it. I'd a great time there. I remember spending all day in one bar. I'd breakfast with a friend and we spent the whole day drinking. Tab came to £25 each. Local Chisinau brew of the same name was superb as well.

Sounds like a good day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

lebanon

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Cobretti

Serbia

• Registered Users Posts: 11,477 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

jk23 wrote: »
    There is a lovely island off the coast of Suriname

Great place that, they have been knocking the sh1t out of each other since 1907

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Crimea

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

sugarman wrote: »
    Think I spent about €100 in 4 days there that included breakfast, lunch and dinner every day on top of a rake of drink. I second the Chisinau, very easy to drink.

Grand spot tho, plenty to see and do there too.

Aye. Poorest nation in Europe so adjust the expectations but it's worth a short visit. I went for the Ireland match in 2016.
    poisonated wrote: »
    Sounds like a good day.

It was. Completely random. I'd exhausted the supply of activities and one of the lads I was with fancied an early start so to the pub we went.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Navan.

Naaavan is actually lovely. Sitting on a street bench listening to the accent. A lovely wild droll in it. Fierce cultured people.

The Ramparts along the River Boyne from Navan to Slane is easily one of the finest river walks in Ireland. Gorgeous, particularly in autumn listening to the weirs, rapids and birds as you meander past many old watermills. They should be selling the whole area to tourists on that walk. Go while it's still off the beaten track (particularly from Stackallen Bridge to Slane village).

?format=1500w

IMG_0017.jpg?resize=900%2C600

W20168---Meath-Boyne-Ramparts-in-Autumn.jpg

W44290---Meath-Ruxton-Bridge-in-Autumn.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Leitrim

Co Leitrim is a gem- I’ve no idea why it gets mentioned on these slagging places threads- there’s tons of things to see and do with some great hotels to stay in. Carrick on Shannon, Glencar waterfall, Lough Allen, great foodie scene. I absolutely love Leitrim. Can only conclude that people have never been there that slag it off
    Puts a whole list of counties to shame with all it has to offer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

road_high wrote: »
    Co Leitrim is a gem- I’ve no idea why it gets mentioned on these slagging places threads- there’s tons of things to see and do with some great hotels to stay in. Carrick on Shannon, Glencar waterfall, Lough Allen, great foodie scene. I absolutely love Leitrim. Can only conclude that people have never been there that slag it off
    Puts a whole list of counties to shame with all it has to offer

There are few counties in Ireland that are genuinely grim and Leitrim is a long way from the bottom.

Slagging is probably due to is size and lack of “importance”

Advertisement