Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extinction Rebellion Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,353 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

_Brian wrote: »
    Sounds like you’ve confirmed tickets for a zoo or a carnival freak show. Just remember no matter how much the kids cry you can’t just take a protester home. They are for life and not just the protest weekend will line away if not on their natural environment blocking ordinary people going about their business and making a general nuisance of themselves.

It’s not a freak show. These ppl will be considered heroes in a hundred years. They are calling time on the old way of doing things.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,094 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

They have to know stunts like this only damage their cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

It’s not a freak show. These ppl will be considered heroes in a hundred years. They are calling time on the old way of doing things.

A bunch of nobodies trying to be somebody's.

mgn wrote: »
    A bunch of nobodies trying to be somebody's.

You could say the same about pretty much any protest movement that achieved progress over the last hundred years.

I’d proudly be a nobody who achieved a “something”

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

In case anyone is wondering I’ve confirmed a visit to the camp on sat morn possibly alone or with kids and will mingle with the protestors and take in the whole thing. That’s the plan anyway

Every time you talk about doing stuff with your kids I can't help but think of The Modern Parents from Viz.

tumblr_n15tk06qcG1s8su8go1_1280.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Jonybgud

mgn wrote: »
    Make sure you put a clothes peg on your nose before you go, must be some smell of that scruffy mob by now.

Speaking of whiffs, There's a lot of household waste after accumulating in the backyard. I'm off out now to burn a gallon of diesel and a mountain of rubbish and plastics. It might take two gallons, it doesn't burn well in the rain. O goodie, there's even a tyre from the car trailer in there, should be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

They have to know stunts like this only damage their cause.

Don't think they do. These people don't think the way normal folk think. The lunatic asylum is the best place for a lot of these ''protesters''

In case anyone is wondering I’ve confirmed a visit to the camp on sat morn possibly alone or with kids and will mingle with the protestors and take in the whole thing. That’s the plan anyway

Don't bring the kids, by the looks of some of them weirdos the could eat the kids alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,504 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Anyone with an ounce of impartiality can see they are alarmists just enjoying their time in the spotlight. It matters not to them that they are mostly in the spotlight because everyone is laughing at them.

This spokesperson specifically says they are being “alarmist” to get attention and absolutely concedes that deaths through severe weather related events are down 95%, she concedes that billions of people will not die from climate change. This moronic alarmist talk and behaviour just tunes the population out and so no sensible conversation can be had as a result.

https://youtu.be/pO1TTcETyuU

• Registered Users Posts: 33,148 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Might have a few good points;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

do we need a cap on the numbers? that's what I'm getting at, it can't keep growing indefinitely.

BUT Thelonious - as pointed out the numbers are not going up. The fact is that we have less cattle now than we did in 1973!

And yet you persist with this daft line of argument in practically every thread - is it that you are being paid by the vegsn ministry of propaganda or similar by any chance to keep repeating this nonsense?

I can't think of any other reason tbh ...

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭markjbloggs

You're a funny guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Blocking up Kildare Street near the Green with their silly drums, about 100 of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭HorrorScope

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.....just stop ffs. There is nothing heroic about these people and they are not calling time on anything - you kind of need a majority on side to do that and these clowns are far from it. Enjoy your “visit” though and try to not to catch fleas or hepatitis from the wasters there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭lalababa

Got up this morning, heating was already on burning oil that came from halfway around the world, had a quick shower using gel & shampoo leaving micro plastic 'polishers' down the drain to end up in the sea & the fish. Put on my cheap clothes made of plastic (oil). Put on the kettle & toaster & pan with electricity made from burning coal and gas and oil. Took me cheap rashers ( from grain fed pigs in massed produced unsustainable systems) out of their plastic packaging which will be burried somewhere. Had one f**k off brekkie. Got into my metal and plastic and rubber box to go to work all the time burning oil and emmiting no2 co2 co and various cancer causing particulets.
    At work I find ways of selling people **** they don't need.
    Drive home and put on the heating and a wash of plastic clothing while micro fibers come loose and head down the sewer and out to sea along with more micro plastic 'polishers' from the detergent. Cook myself a very processed meal (with ingredients from around the planet) whilst watching a big plastic box full of light telling me I should buy a newer car 'coz the neighbors will envy me.
    Spend an hour on my phone looking at package holidays to the Caribbean & thinking if I sell more **** to people who don't need it I will afford it.
    Go for a walk before bed, bit of a smell in the air whatever it is. Night night.... don't let the bed bugs bite....

lalababa wrote: »
    Got up this morning, heating was already on burning oil that came from halfway around the world, had a quick shower using gel & shampoo leaving micro plastic 'polishers' down the drain to end up in the sea & the fish. Put on my cheap clothes made of plastic (oil). Put on the kettle & toaster & pan with electricity made from burning coal and gas and oil. Took me cheap rashers ( from grain fed pigs in massed produced unsustainable systems) out of their plastic packaging which will be burried somewhere. Had one f**k off brekkie. Got into my metal and plastic and rubber box to go to work all the time burning oil and emmiting no2 co2 co and various cancer causing particulets.
    At work I find ways of selling people **** they don't need.
    Drive home and put on the heating and a wash of plastic clothing while micro fibers come loose and head down the sewer and out to sea along with more micro plastic 'polishers' from the detergent. Cook myself a very processed meal (with ingredients from around the planet) whilst watching a big plastic box full of light telling me I should buy a newer car 'coz the neighbors will envy me.
    Spend an hour on my phone looking at package holidays to the Caribbean & thinking if I sell more **** to people who don't need it I will afford it.
    Go for a walk before bed, bit of a smell in the air whatever it is. Night night.... don't let the bed bugs bite....

Your only doing what a lot of them martyrs will be doing next week, while the try to work out where it all went wrong.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.....just stop ffs. There is nothing heroic about these people and they are not calling time on anything - you kind of need a majority on side to do that and these clowns are far from it. Enjoy your “visit” though and try to not to catch fleas or hepatitis from the wasters there.
    Maybe you should visit too ? You’d learn something I’m sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Would rather see junkies and Roma beggars in O'Connell St than these sad dopes.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

vriesmays wrote: »

at least there were plenty of ordinary folk at the water marches and anti war in iraq march back in the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭HorrorScope

Maybe you should visit too ? You’d learn something I’m sure.

Yeah I’m sure I would- enlightening topics like where my taxes are going and what kind of useless snowflakes are being bred and incubated in our education system at the moment. I’d be finding out nothing 99% of us don’t already know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

They'll have something else to whinge about next week when their Greta fetish wears off

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Is this thing over yet? I heard they were locked out of Kildare Street today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭lalababa

Mgn....you are missing the point. Of course most people live this way: it is modern society. These marches are an attempt to get noticed by the public and Gov. So that Gov. may start to think about alternatives, to make them act. To talk about bringing in policies to CHANGE modern living habits. For example ....phasing out plastics quicker than they are or phasing in renewable energy quicker than they are.
    But this is probably lost on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

I think I will just stick with calling them gob****es for the time being

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

Blocking up Kildare Street near the Green with their silly drums, about 100 of them.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

lalababa wrote: »
    Mgn....you are missing the point. Of course most people live this way: it is modern society. These marches are an attempt to get noticed by the public and Gov. So that Gov. may start to think about alternatives, to make them act. To talk about bringing in policies to CHANGE modern living habits. For example ....phasing out plastics quicker than they are or phasing in renewable energy quicker than they are.
    But this is probably lost on you.
    They are far more likely to just annoy everyone and most people I've had chats with about this are of that mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,349 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I pity the shoppers in Penneys that had to put up with smelly crusties shouting around the place like lunatics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

lleti wrote: »
    You see, you all talk about how important the climate is yet you constantly come up with excuses "our transport options are limited" etc.

If you cared so much about the environment, the only option you'd care about is saving the planet so pussy footing and selective taxes which do nothing is pointless and hypocritical.

You just don't want your quality of life reduced, admit it.

My job involves several trips to Europe every year often with multiple cities in one trip, once I get the the European mainland I never fly, I take trains everywhere but I'm shocked at how many air routes exist where travelling on terra firma is a perfectly feasible option.
    We live on an island, off an island off Europe, travelling 16 to 20 plus hours by boat just to get to the coast of France is not an excuse it's a fact, travelling from Budapest to Vienna or Munich to Frankfurt by by plane however is not acceptable in my books.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭pgj2015

did ye hear the hippie reading the poem yesterday on the radio, she was nearly crying reading it, then she did an animal roar at the end of it and said she was an owl lol why are hippies so cringy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,349 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Yeah like the occupy protest a few years ago I suppose, the dirty crusties ended up costing various city councils thousands cleaning up their mess afterwards.

Real heroes all right.

Advertisement