Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 All Ireland Senior Football Championship *Mod note: Post #1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭technocrat

kilns wrote: »
    Oh how very convient in your row were a group of men who dont fit into the young and silly demographic and are doing things which you claim :rolleyes:

I was at the same game and 10 Galway supporters most women were shooting all sorts of abuse at the Dublin players.

I cant prove that but heck i might aswell make that up because you just did :rolleyes:

Funny you didn’t bring that up before!?

Look you asked for examples in a previous post which you were given and accepted.
    You then go on a rant about other counties but don’t have examples to prove it.

FFS even Daragh Moloney (a Dub) regularly quips ‘That’s how you silence the hill’ when commentating in Dublin matches :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Don’t see a problem with booing a free taker. This isn’t a gentleman’s game. Far worse goes on in a match

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

Tally ho! What a spiffing Penalty kick old chap, Now complete silence please whilst we await the goalkeeper to take his kick out in a vacuum.

Booing or trying to put off someone playing sport is just about the most childish thing you can do.

Its the equivalent of someone shouting OUT in the crowd during a tennis rally.

Its childish, its immature, its stupid, I could go on. It has no place in any sport.

And anyone who condones it is not a proper sportsman or woman.

But I suppose we are wasting our time expecting something more from the average Dub supporter. If they aren't going to condemn financial doping, I doubt they will condemn something like booing a free taker!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Booing or trying to put off someone playing sport is just about the most childish thing you can do.

Its childish, its immature, its stupid, I could go on. It has no place in any sport.

:D

Ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,239 ✭✭✭munster87

It’s another one of these things that realistically is of no significance but would be high on the agenda for those snowflakey inclined.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

technocrat wrote: »
    Funny you didn’t bring that up before!?

Look you asked for examples in a previous post which you were given and accepted.
    You then go on a rant about other counties but don’t have examples to prove it.

FFS even Daragh Moloney (a Dub) regularly quips ‘That’s how you silence the hill’ when commentating in Dublin matches :D

Examples which you can back up with evidence not "I was sitting beside a group of guys that only I saw"

I was being sarcastic with my scenario about your example

I must visit one of those other games which Dublin dont play in when its complete silence with no cheering, singing and booing, they must be so pleasant to be at

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Great thread, 10/10, would read again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

You'd very rarely hear it these days except in Croker. It used to happen years ago from the more immature fans of every county.

Why should good sportsmanship be confined to rugby anyways?

Are some Dubs so desperate to win they will resort to booing of a free taker? Fair enough if they want to, but they must also accept when the supporters of their opponents despise Dublin fans and often by extension their team.

Good Sportsmanship! Ye would know all about that in Mayo, wouldn't ya. :):)

1390604.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Sometimes the abuse shouted from the sidelines is ott and the vulgar language can be excessive, especially when kids are around.
    But at the same time I would hate the crowds to become too sanitised.
    Our players can handle the distraction. It probably makes scoring all the more sweet.

But I suppose we are wasting our time expecting something more from the average Dub supporter. If they aren't going to condemn financial doping, I doubt they will condemn something like booing a free taker!

Just for clarity you condone Lee Keegan for what he did while Rock was running up to take a free?

• Advertisement

keane2097 wrote: »
    Great thread, 10/10, would read again.

Internet forums are great craic when you are bored

• Registered Users Posts: 18,377 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I fixed this for you.
    I suspect I hope history and future GAA supporters will be kinder to this Mayo team than the financially doped Dubs greatest team in history who I look for excuses to attack constantly (based on nothing but conjecture and not understanding finance) because my county is of no relevance - but not too worry we have Keith Higgins the best hurler in Connacht - probably ;)

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭technocrat

Examples which you can back up with evidence not "I was sitting beside a group of guys that only I saw"

I was being sarcastic with my scenario about your example

I must visit one of those other games which Dublin dont play in when its complete silence with no cheering, singing and booing, they must be so pleasant to be at

I already said the hill booing the Cork peno!
    Are you denying that happened now?? :rolleyes:

The rest of you post is just gibberish a nice diversion tactic!

Just for clarity you condone Lee Keegan for what he did while Rock was running up to take a free?

I don't condone any instances of cynical play from any side. I also don't condone grown men booing free takers. Don't think I could be clearer.

Anyways, back to the 2019 championship...

He didn't see that he had his head in his hands - and sure everyone knows Mayo players do not have the funding to throw GPS trackers away. ;)

Plus if if Keegan did throw it wouldn't he have hit Rock? Because as everyone knows Keegan is a lethal accurate player.

:D

I fixed this for you.

Another Mayo obsessed Dubliner.
    Its getting a bit boring at this stage.

Another Mayo obsessed Dubliner.
    Its getting a bit boring at this stage.

Boring! It is you that keeps bring it up. I won't list the posts it will take too long.
    Just search your own post history.

I would have more interest in the Mayo ladies!
    To be frank!

sarahrowe.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭snowgal

Is there any chance at all at all we could get back to talking about the current 2019 championship , pleassssse? It was funny ten pages ago but now..........
    Please start a new thread now, you can call it 'lee keegan threw something, but, but, the Dubs booed us-discuss'

technocrat wrote: »
    I already said the hill booing the Cork peno!
    Are you denying that happened now?? :rolleyes:

The rest of you post is just gibberish a nice diversion tactic!

No I am not but your claim was that Dublin supporters are akin to English football supporters in their behavior and I asked for examples and evidence and booing for a penalty is all you come up with.

Are you claiming booing is only done by Dublin supporters? If so, far enough......:rolleyes:

My Prediciton for the weekend super 8's

Donegal 3-14 Kerry 0-12

Meath 1-13 Mayo 0-13

Dublin 4-15 Roscommon 1-08

Cork 1-10 Tryone 0-10

• Advertisement

I don't condone any instances of cynical play from any side. I also don't condone grown men booing free takers. Don't think I could be clearer.

Anyways, back to the 2019 championship...

Darn are you are a wiley politician from Mayo? :P

Right, back to this championship.
    Its obvious Kerry are going to qualify for the semis.
    With Donegal probably to follow them.
    Dublin and Tyrone from the other group.

The 4 strongest all year in the championship so no surprises who will make it through.

Right, back to this championship.
    Its obvious Kerry are going to qualify for the semis.
    With Donegal probably to follow them.
    Dublin and Tyrone from the other group.

The 4 strongest all year in the championship so no surprises who will make it through.

I think it is unwise to write off Cork and the Rossies.

Donegal 3-14 Kerry 0-12

Meath 1-13 Mayo 0-13

Cork 1-10 Tryone 0-10

It will be interesting to see if Kerry can put back to back weekends together. Its not something they are used to.

Given how average Mayo have been this year, Meath could easily match them.

Donegal to beat Kerry by 3 points. Dublin to beat Roscommon by quite a margin. Meath and Mayo to draw. Cork and Tyrone to draw.

It will be interesting to see if Kerry can put back to back weekends together. Its not something they are used to.

Given how average Mayo have been this year, Meath could easily match them.

Donegal to beat Kerry by 3 points. Dublin to beat Roscommon by quite a margin. Meath and Mayo to draw. Cork and Tyrone to draw.

Well if draws come up fair play to ya.
    In fairness it could happen.
    The Meath and Cork games are two games worth going to see.
    I was impressed with Cork I think they have the forwards/movement to beat tyrone and can slow the game when needs be.
    They can't go running at them though.

I think Meath are a coming force, and Mayo are going the opposite way.
    I kinda hope Dublin do not hammer Roscommon as I like the way the Rossies play.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

snowgal wrote: »
    Is there any chance at all at all we could get back to talking about the current 2019 championship , pleassssse? It was funny ten pages ago but now..........
    Please start a new thread now, you can call it 'lee keegan threw something, but, but, the Dubs booed us-discuss'

Indeed.
    Everyone, please stop bitching about the 2017 All Ireland Final. Stop bitching about fans booing. And stop sneakily trying to bring the whole Dublin financial debate into this thread. Because we all know those arguments go round and round with not a single person moving from their position. It's incredibly tedious when you've seen it for the umpteenth time.
    I've added a related note in the OP of the thread so there are no excuses from here on in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Donegal 3-14 Kerry 0-12

Meath 1-13 Mayo 0-13

Cork 1-10 Tryone 0-10

Well jaysus if those scores come in i'll not be in work for a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,892 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

What? How on earth can you not write off the Rossies? They'll get tanked by Dublin and even if they were to beat Cork they would still be behind Tyrone on H2H

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Whatever about Cork, the Rossies chance came and went over the weekend. A bit more composure in front of goals and a bit less enthusiasm in the tackle that resulted in scorable frees, and who knows. But Roscommon are not beating Dublin, and it'll take an unlikely sequence of results/ scoring difference to qualify otherwise. It would be great if Cork could blow the group open by beating Tyrone

Intriguing clash between Donegal and Kerry coming up. Kerry had their most impressive performance year to date, Donegal looked slightly more wobbly than usual, but both won by large margins in the end. I find it difficult to pick a winner from this one, a couple of points either way. Meath are gonna really put it up to Mayo, and you never know, but still expect Mayo to win in the end

• Advertisement

Wins for Donegal, Mayo, Dublin and Tyrone this weekend.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement