Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 All Ireland Senior Football Championship *Mod note: Post #1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Miccoli

Quite an exciting game despite being riddled with mistakes. Can't see Meath getting within 10 points of any team in the super 8s, seen them 4 times this year they are a really average side.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Meath made hard work of that!

They'll have to up it for the Super 8's

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

Meath will get hammered in the Super 8's.
    Yeah a few thumpings for them

• Registered Users Posts: 25,089 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

They will, they’ll come up against more physical and savvy teams than Clare and hopefully against a more savvy and in tune with the rule book set of officials then we saw today.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,212 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Meath could be in for a tough time in the super 8's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,238 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Hindsight is 20/20.

What hindsight did he need to know they were beyond the end of injury time?

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

Promotion and Super 8s is a good year for Meath regardless.

Keoghan was terrific.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

RMAOK wrote: »
    Meath could be in for a tough time in the super 8's

Hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭dobman88

Group predictions.

1. Donegal 1.Dublin
    2. Mayo 2. Tyrone
    3. Kerry 3. Rosocmmon
    4. Meath 4. Cork

Donegal will have the experience and players to come through handy I feel. A handy one to start with Meath up in Ballybofey. I think Kerry could get walloped by Mayo in Killarney next weekend but I really hope I'm wrong.

Mayo v Donegal could go either way but I'd expect Donegal to get over the line and I'd expect Donegal to take care of Kerry handy enough. And Kerry really have to be aiming to put away that Meath team if they've any hope of progressing over the next few years.

Group 2 seems pretty straight forward. Dublin with 3 wins, Tyrone with 2 and Roscommon and Cork to split the difference.

Dublin Donegal final and Dublin to win by 10 plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Tubridy missing that fairly straight-forward free by inter-county standards proved decisive in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,438 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

dobman88 wrote: »
    Group predictions.

1. Donegal 1.Dublin
    2. Mayo 2. Tyrone
    3. Kerry 3. Rosocmmon
    4. Meath 4. Cork

Donegal will have the experience and players to come through handy I feel. A handy one to start with Meath up in Ballybofey. I think Kerry could get walloped by Mayo in Killarney next weekend but I really hope I'm wrong.

Mayo v Donegal could go either way but I'd expect Donegal to get over the line and I'd expect Donegal to take care of Kerry handy enough. And Kerry really have to be aiming to put away that Meath team if they've any hope of progressing over the next few years.

Group 2 seems pretty straight forward. Dublin with 3 wins, Tyrone with 2 and Roscommon and Cork to split the difference.

That is if it goes to form there are bound to be one or two shocks.
    I think the Rossies have a decent chance of sneaking out of the group.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,363 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Enjoying it thoroughly. Shame the RTÉ player is being such a gowl.

EDIT: Casting from my phone now and it's clear as day.

I gave up on the RTE player and finally went up to the attic and returned the aerial.

Should have thought to cast from a phone... Actually. Just remembered that I have a crappy iPhone and Apple don't support miracast or wifi direct

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭Always_Running

Group predictions.

1. Donegal 1.Dublin
    2. Mayo 2. Tyrone
    3. Kerry 3. Rosocmmon
    4. Meath 4. Cork

I think it's shaping up to another Dublin v Mayo All Ireland final, both to top their groups i reckon and avoid each other in the AI semi final.

I think it's shaping up to another Dublin v Mayo All Ireland final, both to top their groups i reckon and avoid each other in the AI semi final.

Yeah tbf could be either Donegal or Mayo to top it. Think they'll both beat Kerry and Meath so it'll be the game between them will be the only difference.

I think we all learnt a long time ago to never write Mayo off but I just think Donegal will have that bit extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Meath and Roscommon to finish bottom of their groups I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Rossie4sam

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Meath and Roscommon to finish bottom of their groups I reckon

How do you come to the opinion roscommon will finish bottom. Who else has beaten 2 division 1 teams to reach this point.
    Ridiculous comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Rossie4sam wrote: »
    How do you come to the opinion roscommon will finish bottom. Who else has beaten 2 division 1 teams to reach this point.
    Ridiculous comment.

You must have been really annoyed to have to register to post that comment!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Ridiculous comment.

Calm down! Just an opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

Slattsy wrote:
    Let's be honest, the AI is a better place with Mayo in it.

Slattsy wrote:
    Galway supporters won't even support their team, pathetic again from them. Probably because the hurlers were playing. Oh wait.

You can stick to focussing on the football now too. Fair play Laois.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭Cavan_King

Mayo will have to get over Meath first. They seem to sh!t their pants when they see those Meath jerseys!

In '09 everyone thought they were in for a hammering and Meath beat them by a goal...

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/gaa/meath-215-mayo-115-28490156.html

Meath have an annoying habit, for a supporter of a neighbouring county, of upping their game against better opposition. Take, for example, the Tyrone game last year where they took them to extra time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Cavan_King wrote: »
    Mayo will have to get over Meath first. They seem to sh!t their pants when they see those Meath jerseys!

In '09 everyone thought they were in for a hammering and Meath beat them by a goal...

Meath have an annoying habit, for a supporter of a neighbouring county, of upping their game against better opposition. Take, for example, the Tyrone game last year where they took them to extra time.

Like they did against Dublin is it?

A news clipping from a UK paper????

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭risteard7

So will Mayo if that's the case, they only struggled past Armagh by a point, at home might I add. Roll on 2 weeks time. Cant wait

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭risteard7

yop wrote: »
    Like they did against Dublin is it?

A news clipping from a UK paper????

A newspaper from Antrim, who compete in Hurling & Football. What sort of **** I'll be back in 2 weeks. I can see it, Meath a few points up with 10 mins to go and Mayo reach for the 36 year old to save the day.

Meath v Mayo and Kerry v Donegal double header in croke park could be serious value for money.

I was at the league finals and at €30 a ticket it was fantastic value for 2 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,212 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Meath v Mayo and Kerry v Donegal double header in croke park could be serious value for money.

I was at the league finals and at €30 a ticket it was fantastic value for 2 games.

It's a coincidence that all four teams in that group have green, while three of them have green and gold.

A few sets of away/training jerseys will have to be used I'd say.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭rpurfield

RMAOK wrote: »
    It's a coincidence that all four teams in that group have green, while three of them have green and gold.

A few sets of away/training jerseys will have to be used I'd say.....

Stick one of the teams in a set of bibs, be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Barlett

Lads talking about a match in 2009 has about as much bearing on the outcome as talking about Mayo v Meath in 1951.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Cavan_King wrote: »

Meath goalie carried ball over line and the sideline ball before the Meath penalty was a mayo ball, its the umpires/sideline refs and refs/that **** their pants

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Barlett wrote: »
    Lads talking about a match in 2009 has about as much bearing on the outcome as talking about Mayo v Meath in 1951.

Higgins/vaughan/aos/Andy all played that day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

Ridiculous comment.

Shaggy?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement