Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: HBO's Deadwood

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Cmonnnnn Gertie, the suspense is killing me :P

Do you think the wolves wait until the last ten minutes to put a vote in so they can work them around ours to try beat us?

That would be very interesting

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Steve WW wrote: »
    :pac:

No that’s not what I was doing, it was genuine panick at the prospect you were an undercover agent and we were playing straight into your hands.

Anyway if any villagers double voted they’d have no reason to not state it on thread when they did

Well if we look at how events transpired the optics of it doesn’t look great.

11.55 I posted the list of 4
    12.17 Steve posts his concerns, while picking a fight with me. I felt he might be looking to get me to peek him (what baddy would want that?)
    12.54 Holly is grand with things as is, everybody has confirmed voted so we can’t do much to change anything at this stage if there’s any change to the plan
    12.59 Steve suggests other villagers vote on top of me
    13:06 holly suggests somebody should vote over Mary’s vote, if this happens with me and Mary doubled up the wolves can push the prize onto vote 5 and cause havoc suggesting it was me or Mary

At best poorly thought out village strategy but makes you both serious persons of interest. I can’t peek Steve cause he seems desperate to make it happen.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

As I said Dessy, I'd be more concerned with how Holly pushed the idea than Steve's initial voicing of an idea.

Steve reads like someone who let his mind wander down a rabbit hole momentarily. Whereas if there's wrong doings, I'd be a tad concerned about the fact Holly tried to egg him on a bit.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Hi All, sorry fire alarm while I was interviewing someone so had to evacuate.

I didn't win anything though.

Phil WW wrote: »
    As I said Dessy, I'd be more concerned with how Holly pushed the idea than Steve's initial voicing of an idea.

Steve reads like someone who let his mind wander down a rabbit hole momentarily. Whereas if there's wrong doings, I'd be a tad concerned about the fact Holly tried to egg him on a bit.

So it’s Mary?

• Advertisement

So it’s Mary?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

11.55 you posted the list, leaving it late enough and putting you and Mary(who is only confirmed good by you) into good positions for manipulating the game results.
    12.17 I laid down concerns I had about the whole thing yes and I specifically asked you to peek me and tell me my character as this would prove you are who you say you are
    12.54 Holly is grand with things as is, everybody has confirmed voted so we can’t do much to change anything at this stage if there’s any change to the plan
    12.59 I actually said “I reallyyyy want to vote 2 to block Desmond” Said nothing about other villagers and stating what I would LIKE to do.
    13:06 holly suggests somebody should vote over Mary’s vote, which would have resulted in the prize going to Holly.

Fixed your post there Des

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

I have to go again. I'll be back about half 4 ish.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Wha? Dessy you sure you didn't and are keeping it in reserve?

Brendan WW wrote: »
    Wha? Dessy you sure you didn't and are keeping it in reserve?

Inbox empty.

Doesn’t make sense for wolves to clear Mary. I thought they’d at least keep you or Gertie getting prize.

SimplisticHideousHornedtoad-mobile.jpg

• Advertisement

A concern I had was a new mechanic thrown into the prize game to even things out.

Like maybe they got an extra vote or two! That’s part of the reason why I wanted a 5,6,7 vote.

If a wolf has the power and they are holding off. If it’s a Bullet they could be wondering if they can save Tegan tonight by not shooting me (and revealing I’m seer).

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Sorry folks, just back and I haven’t won anything.

Haven’t a clue what that means though?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

So the wolves cleared Mary and she has a prize for the village or someone is lying cos a prize was won?

Desmond WW wrote: »
    A concern I had was a new mechanic thrown into the prize game to even things out.

Like maybe they got an extra vote or two! That’s part of the reason why I wanted a 5,6,7 vote.

If a wolf has the power and they are holding off. If it’s a Bullet they could be wondering if they can save Tegan tonight by not shooting me (and revealing I’m seer).

Only thing I can think of is that they get four votes regardless of numbers?

But is that fair? How does that correlate to number 4 winning twice yesterday - an AFK wolf?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Hmm. Feels like someone has told a lie somewhere then.

Who are the they in your scenario?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Brendan WW wrote: »
    Only thing I can think of is that they get four votes regardless of numbers?

But is that fair? How does that correlate to number 4 winning twice yesterday - an AFK wolf?

Even if they got to vote twice, I covered off 5 and Phil 6 so the first unique number is 7 unless me or Phil are a wolf and that's only going on the speculation of then getting two votes each, if they kept there original 4 picks then I get the prize or it defaults to one of the top 4. So someone is talking fluff in the top 4

Phil WW wrote: »
    Hmm. Feels like someone has told a lie somewhere then.

Something odd going on here. We need to hear from a few players who’ve been keeping quiet today I think. If we’re right on who is clear there’s no way a wolf could win.

Abigail WW wrote: »
    Who are the they in your scenario?

This has thrown me.

If Mary ended up being Cy it would explain a few things. There was a good reason at the time why I suspected and peeked her.... But that wouldn’t explain how the wolves won the prize (as Mary was 4th)

Unless we have missed something or something has changed then I can’t explain who has he prize. Maybe a villager building suspense?

Reading the OP it specifically says 1 entry per player so someone in the top 4 is lying

• Advertisement

This has thrown me.

If Mary ended up being Cy it would explain a few things. There was a good reason at the time why I suspected and peeked her.... But that wouldn’t explain how the wolves won the prize (as Mary was 4th)

Unless we have missed something or something has changed then I can’t explain who has he prize. Maybe a villager building suspense?

Because the gold protector was killed this morning

How to enter: In order to 'dig for gold', during the Goldrush times listed below you may PM the WerewolfGM account a whole number, just once per Goldrush session. The player who submits the lowest unique whole number by the end of a Goldrush session will secure a prize. We will only accept one PM entry per player for each Goldrush. The mods have already picked '0'.

One entry per player. So someone is lying as Holly says.

Also on the basis of this gold rush, we should revert to yesterday's top 3 with Brendan and Gertie 4 and 5. That's my thoughts anyway

Well there is an alternative way wolves had a chance of winning:

If no unique entries exist, the people who jointly submitted the highest number, will be entered into a draw and the winner will be drawn between them at random.

This would be very hard to coordinate though.

Well there is an alternative way wolves had a chance of winning:

If no unique entries exist, the people who jointly submitted the highest number, will be entered into a draw and the winner will be drawn between them at random.

This would be very hard to coordinate though.

Wouldn’t work though with 3 wolves left and 3 villagers taking 1-3

This has thrown me.

Care to explain why you peeked her? At this stage the peek was either correct or she is the one of you lying. If Gertie & Bren are clear you and Mary are the only other 2 who could have won and your seer claim is clearing both of you right now.

Ok. Something f**ky is going on....

Let’s keep this simple so things can’t be confused. How can I claim seer , with no counter claim (after Phil also claiming) and not be seer?

Only way is that the seer is dead and we weren’t told or they are hiding and are going to let me clear Mary and kill Tegan.

So what is it? If I’m the seer and nobody is challenging that then what I say is from a village perspective.

Ok. Something f**ky is going on....

Let’s keep this simple so things can’t be confused. How can I claim seer , with no counter claim (after Phil also claiming) and not be seer?

Only way is that the seer is dead and we weren’t told or they are hiding and are going to let me clear Mary and kill Tegan.

So what is it? If I’m the seer and nobody is challenging that then what I say is from a village perspective.

Gertie and Bren could also make (the same as each other) a similarily strong case for being clear village but it has to have been won by one of you or Mary and you also cleared Mary.

Holly WW wrote: »
    Also on the basis of this gold rush, we should revert to yesterday's top 3 with Brendan and Gertie 4 and 5. That's my thoughts anyway

Yeah, I think that's for the best tbh

• Advertisement

Wait a second. If Vernon is lieing he is the wolf. Ok we are agreed on that.

If hes not lieing and he missed vote number 2, then how exactly does that cast shade on the three of us ? The baddies could of block voted 1,2,3,4 which means they would have the gold and none of Mary, Vernon or myself had any involvement in them getting it.

So how is there "at least one wolf" in the first 3 ? This isnt adding up at all.
    Mary WW wrote: »
    Dear Jesus, read what I actually wrote

Vernon lying=at least one wolf, I.e. Vernon in the 3

Vernon not lying = **** knows who the wolves are
    Wait a second, you have insinuated multiple times "there a wolf in the other three":

You have been pushing this "wolf in the three" fake news .

So for me, you, along with Brendan are my two people of interest. I would throw Steve (not a strong lean but just a hunch) onto that list mainly because he was the one that came up with the strategy that put you number one on the list to get the prize.

Holly coming out of nowhere to back up the "1,2,3" voters has to have a wolf is also suspect. If vernon is innocent the baddies would know it and him being killed ("oh look see, Vernon was telling the truth and Desmond lied" or something like that) would allow the focus to turn to Brendans bandwagon , most likely on me.

If Mary was Hearst or Tolliver our seer would die or peek a baddy good and when they come out lead the village to ruin . .

Just a theory though . .

This was our conversation...

she was pushing hard to make voters 1,2,3 look bad and specifically picked the out .

when I challanged her she got very snotty , denied it and I quoted her where she completely contradicts herself.

Advertisement