Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Julian Assange arrested after Ecuador withdraw asylum

Options
1202122232426»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,781 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Biden is apparently considering dropping the charges/extradition to the US for Assange

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭gym_imposter

Assange's treatment has been absolutely outrageous

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭backwards_man

I believe The guardian article because i trust they did due dilligence. if wikileaks did those things its morally reprehensible and indefensible. However Assange was not charged with that. He was charged for comspiracy to commit computer intrusion and also under the US espionage act for crimes against the US government, they also added in a bunch if other related charges of recruiting hackers and allegedly helping Snowdon. If someone wants to charge him with the deaths of Afgans and doxing poeple, and disclosing medical records let them do that. But they havent. The US federal charges are solely confined to his whistleblowing publishings based on Mannings evidence plus some other quasi related items not related to any of what the guardian artle is about. Considering Chelsea Manning's sentence was commuted under Obama it beggars belief that they are still persuing the extradition of Assange. I think he paid dearly for his actions - some of which was an absolute service to hummanity bringing to light the crimes of the US government as discovered by Manning. But I also think he or Wikileaks (no idea if it was him directly) was absultely wrong to do the other things they did. You can hold those two views. Assange should be let free to live the rest of his life in his home country.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

I’m pretty sure the media would out a gay conservative politician and have done in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,781 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Indeed but those who celebrate the US leaks conveniently turn a blind eye to the leaks on the Russian government he deliberately held back. Real objective "journalism" there, nothing to do with a vendetta at all.

Assange didn't give one jot about the lives of anyone he outed, he said so himself, so I don't see why anyone should be concerned with him.

Ironically the "Great Satan" might pardon the guy, not that I particularly care at this stage, but don't be surprised to see him bolt back to his backers in the Kremlin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 DoyleLoneganYouFollow

They want him to plea guilty to some petty charge before they have to release him.

Do you think he will? I would not expect him to sign a thing after 5 years in Belmarsh.

His release is imminent.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Poon Tang

Imagine backing the Americans or the Brits, when they're up to this sort of stuff… really embarrassing for the west as we try to take the moral high ground on other nation's actions. Assange should really be suing both governments and looking for prosecutions on human rights abuses.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,344 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 37,528 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Can we get these war criminals locked up now?

Advertisement