Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon 4K Fire Stick back down to £34.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

lukeeman wrote: »
    Regular firestick works in Ireland but not the 4k version you have to get Amazon to change your settings to uk

I got the regular version recently in the sale, did not bother with 4k. Prime does not work.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,822 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Back up to £50 now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,920 ✭✭✭dodzy

Maybe this is true now with the latest firmware but it certainly wasn’t in the past. I have had every version of the fire stick and none of them worked with Prime Video ireland.

2 minute call will sort it. You can do it yourself through AMAZON preferences IIRC

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭lukeeman

Glebee wrote: »
    I got the regular version recently in the sale, did not bother with 4k. Prime does not work.

I use parel motel as my address maybe thats the reason basic one worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Cerco

muffler wrote: »
    Back up to £50 now

Not a bargain alert any more.
    Maybe thread should be moved to Android Devices for future searches etc. , some useful information in the postings here for future purchasers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

dodzy wrote: »
    2 minute call will sort it. You can do it yourself through AMAZON preferences IIRC

I tried via preferences but no jot all it did was kick everyone out of my amazon family coz we no longer lived in the same house.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Glebee wrote: »

I sourced my firesticks from Amazon UK and parcel motel maybe thats why both mine worked

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

2 mins on chat and they updated my region. All the content is working now. The 4K stick is such a step up from the old first gen. Great little device now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

How do you guys get one of these shipped over?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

DPD Parcel Wizard

Price is certainly fluctuating quite a bit as its back up to £39.99 ....Therese May has a lot to answer for ;)

Kur4mA wrote: »
    How do you guys get one of these shipped over?
    As mentioned above DPD is one way of getting it. Parcel Motel possibly? An Post - again Im not sure as i never really use those methods but others will confirm.

Im lucky as I live close to the border (15 min. drive) and can pop into Argos UK and get them there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Price is certainly fluctuating quite a bit as its back up to £39.99 ....Therese May has a lot to answer for ;)

Back up from what?

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭odddavey

Back up from what?
    No idea what their talking about. Normally 50 pounds. 57€

Fruggo have it for 119€ lol

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭odddavey

As mentioned above DPD is one way of getting it. Parcel Motel possibly? An Post - again Im not sure as i never really use those methods but others will confirm.

Im lucky as I live close to the border (15 min. drive) and can pop into Argos UK and get them there.

Yep. Parcel motel. Got mine last November.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

odddavey wrote: »
    No idea what their talking about. Normally 50 pounds. 57€

Fruggo have it for 119€ lol

Might be confusing the 4k one with the standard one?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

Back up from what?

Think it might have been £34.99 a while back.

Back up from what?
    Keep up at the rear please .... the thread you are posting in is "Amazon 4K Fire Stick back down to £34.99" :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

muffler wrote:
    Keep up at the rear please .... the thread you are posting in is "Amazon 4K Fire Stick back down to £34.99"

That was over a month ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I have 3 of these and about 10 knocking around my family....they are brill

Going to try and 4k one for a change

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Does the 4k fire stick work here or not i am reading different stories saying some do & some dont. (be handy for travelling already have a android box)

Does the 4k fire stick work here or not i am reading different stories saying some do & some dont. (be handy for travelling already have a android box)

Depends on what you want it for....you can side load a number of android apps

Netflix works

Amazon prime, I don’t actually use any of mine for but I can if I signed up

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Depends on what you want it for....you can side load a number of android apps

Netflix works

Amazon prime, I don’t actually use any of mine for but I can if I signed up

side loading apps

side loading apps

I have yet to find one that doesn’t work

I travel a lot and it’s great to bring along and slot into tv....

A lot of the more expensive android boxes AI is a lot more clunky and the Fire stick has a great remote

I have yet to find one that doesn’t work

I travel a lot and it’s great to bring along and slot into tv....

A lot of the more expensive android boxes AI is a lot more clunky and the Fire stick has a great remote

thats what i was thinking same idea (basically a memory stick size) did u get urs the an post way

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

thats what i was thinking same idea (basically a memory stick size) did u get urs the an post way

If you plan on using Amazon prime get it through parcel motel. It'll make it much easier.

Parcel motel and parcel wizard, as mentioned I have bought about 10 or more over the years....the originals now struggle with some apps but still run

• Advertisement

Parcel motel and parcel wizard, as mentioned I have bought about 10 or more over the years....the originals now struggle with some apps but still run

thanks i will ty it so :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement