Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer Tusla New Competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Been called for Interview for Southern area in Cork in middle of July

• Registered Users Posts: 40 annemm

Vologda69 wrote: »
    Been called for Interview for Southern area in Cork in middle of July

Do you mind if I ask, how are they contacting re interviews? Is it through the portal? Thanks in advance.

annemm wrote: »
    Do you mind if I ask, how are they contacting re interviews? Is it through the portal? Thanks in advance.

Its a bit like public jobs. They email you to tell you that you have a message on the Tusla portal. And you have three days to reply on the portal confirming your attendance. Three on the interview panel. They sent supporting information to help you get ready for the interview.

Vologda69 wrote: »
    Its a bit like public jobs. They email you to tell you that you have a message on the Tusla portal. And you have three days to reply on the portal confirming your attendance. Three on the interview panel. They sent supporting information to help you get ready for the interview.

Thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dorbrogra

Fracture wrote: »
    I'd imagine interviews for each region are on at the same time. I've my interview Monday morning in cork, i'm living in Kerry.

Hi Fracture, was your interview this Monday gone, if so how did it go?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

dorbrogra wrote: »
    Hi Fracture, was your interview this Monday gone, if so how did it go?

Yes I had it on Monday, The interview went ok I think, it's structured just like the public service interviews. I wasn't as well prepared for this interview as I was for the public jobs one. The only advice id give anyone is to read as much about Tusla as you can, who they work with, what they do etc. Also they will ask why you want to work with Tusla etc. Know your competency's well and relate them to the kind of role you would be doing with Tusla. If you've worked in a similar industry to Tusla (care homes, Child care etc) explain why you would like to work in Tusla and relate past experiences with how Tusla would benefit from giving you the position, what motivates you, strengths, weaknesses etc.

Yes I had it on Monday, The interview went ok I think, it's structured just like the public service interviews. I wasn't as well prepared for this interview as I was for the public jobs one. The only advice id give anyone is to read as much about Tusla as you can, who they work with, what they do etc. Also they will ask why you want to work with Tusla etc. Know your competency's well and relate them to the kind of role you would be doing with Tusla. If you've worked in a similar industry to Tusla (care homes, Child care etc) explain why you would like to work in Tusla and relate past experiences with how Tusla would benefit from giving you the position, what motivates you, strengths, weaknesses etc.

Thanks Fracture, very helpful. My interview is in a couple of weeks. So I must get prepared.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Martaw

Hi Fracture, thanks for the information, I have mine next Monday.
    Is there a list of specific competencies do you know?
    Or maybe you could give an example of the competency question if you don't mind?
    Thanks a mil :)

Martaw wrote: »
    Hi Fracture, thanks for the information, I have mine next Monday.
    Is there a list of specific competencies do you know?
    Or maybe you could give an example of the competency question if you don't mind?
    Thanks a mil :)

The competencies are listed on the Candidate Campaign Information Pack. The link is on the portal where you received your invitation to interview. It is important to read and go through the whole document if you want to do well. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Australia33

I’ve been called for interview early July. I applied for midlands area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Rav2012

dorbrogra wrote: »
    Thanks Fracture, very helpful. My interview is in a couple of weeks. So I must get prepared.
    Hi,
    I already had mine. Very quick and only competencies based. One question for each competency. 20 mins long. No warm up questions like tell us about yourself or strengths and weaknesses. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 little mrs

I’ve been called for interview early July. I applied for midlands area.

Can I ask what your oom was and for what counties. Im on Longford and Westmeath list. Wondering about movement.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Australia33

little mrs wrote: »
    Can I ask what your oom was and for what counties. Im on Longford and Westmeath list. Wondering about movement.

No oom on this so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mala1313

Hi any movement on the West sector yet??.

Does anyone have an idea how the knowledge and skills competency question would be worded?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Linking123!

Hi
    Done the interview today. Not sure how it went very nervous spoke to fast etc. Q's where tell us something about Tusla & competencies exactly as on the job description.

Hi
    Done the interview today. Not sure how it went very nervous spoke to fast etc. Q's where tell us something about Tusla & competencies exactly as on the job description.

Im sure it went ok dont worry. I have mine tomorrow ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 45 K12345678!

How did it go? I had mine didn’t go well. Where was yours for.. anyone any idea of how long we will be waiting to hear?

K12345678! wrote: »
    How did it go? I had mine didn’t go well. Where was yours for.. anyone any idea of how long we will be waiting to hear?

What makes you think you didn't do well? Did you find it tough?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 fimac1981

Hi all, interview last week for west region, just 20 mins competency, just to let you know they are interviewing for the national panel through the summer so there won’t be a live panel or oom until late summer at the earliest.

• Advertisement

Hey interview went ok i think... Applied for DNE so depending on no. of roles available.. Aww disapointing we wont have any further info until late summer so. Seems like a long time.. The process requires alot of patience!!!!

Juat wondering is Tusla getting rid of all agency workers hense interviewing all summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 K12345678!

I was speaking really fast and was a bit shakey. They asked about legislation and I didn’t know so spoke about gdpr in my current role. It is disappointing we won’t know all summer😳

Had mine yesterday. Found the interview itself okay, just the competencies and examples as per the instructions. Good luck to everyone doing it.

Asked a bit about the possibility of roles (I'm Southwest), they told me that I would not hear back until September at the earliest, that they have no idea about the number of vacancies etc but that there was a freeze for almost 10 years within their department so there is vacancies due to promotion/retirement.
    One of the interviewers added that there is a lot of agency staff in her office that this panel may replace.

Waiting game for now!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Monkey2019

K12345678! wrote: »
    I was speaking really fast and was a bit shakey. They asked about legislation and I didn’t know so spoke about gdpr in my current role. It is disappointing we won’t know all summer��

I have mine next week :/

What was the question they asked you about legislation?

Monkey2019 wrote: »
    I have mine next week :/

What was the question they asked you about legislation?

There is a section in the job description covering legislation, so I guess we are meant to refer to that and how it affects the role/department you are in.

Does anyone know how many jobs there will be in a specific area. For example in Kerry I can only find one office for Tusla and that's in Tralee. I imagine that there wouldn't be that many staff needed? If anyone has any info on this, thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Linking123!

Hii
    Anyone who applied for DNE interviewed in Brunel?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mala1313

Just a quick question. Are all of the interviews based in Dublin or each area different location???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 fimac1981

my interview for the west was in galway a few weeks ago

Advertisement