Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Clerical Officer Tusla New Competition

• 06-04-2019 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭

https://tusla-candidate.wizzki.com/LiveJobs/jobApply/71127

Clerical Officer, Grade III
    National Permanent
    Administrative and Clerical Salary: See Description for Details
    Closing Date: 29/04/2019 Recruitment start: 04/04/2019

This will probably be on interest to people who have applied to other public sector
    entry level posts.

Good luck

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Mollycam

I am fairly well placed on a panel from the 2017 campaign which only went live 6 months ago, cannot understand why new campaign starting already ? Could not be possible that they have exhausted that list already.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 DarceyEllie

Hi there,

First time applying for this. Have applied for a few other public service admin roles over 2017/2018 but unfortunetly, didn't make the cut off in the aptitude tests.
    I'm coming from the private sector and big change I know but sick of temporary contract work so would love a permanent role.
    I often wonder between the Council / HSE & public jobs.ie, which is the better of all 3 for work/life balance, career progression? Anyone know?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Kate2293

Hi there,

First time applying for this. Have applied for a few other public service admin roles over 2017/2018 but unfortunetly, didn't make the cut off in the aptitude tests.
    I'm coming from the private sector and big change I know but sick of temporary contract work so would love a permanent role.
    I often wonder between the Council / HSE & public jobs.ie, which is the better of all 3 for work/life balance, career progression? Anyone know?

Thanks

all pretty much the same

If I were to hazard a guess I would say HSE probably toughest gig of all based on all the negative publicity in relation to waiting lists , two tier systems, budget cuts etc etc. This must surely filter its way down to some CO jobs or area they work in & it must add stress to certain departments.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Kate2293

Mollycam wrote: »
    If I were to hazard a guess I would say HSE probably toughest gig of all based on all the negative publicity in relation to waiting lists , two tier systems, budget cuts etc etc. This must surely filter its way down to some CO jobs or area they work in & it must add stress to certain departments.

I can promise you that HSE and other public service bodies, Councils, and Civil Service all work out to be more or less the same when working in them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mala1313

Is it just me or is this competition not that popular???

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭youandme13

I’ve applied for this too!

Worked there for a while through an agency and loved it only left as week to week contract but have applied for this competition now!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭CandyCane_81

youandme13 wrote: »
    I’ve applied for this too!

Worked there for a while through an agency and loved it only left as week to week contract but have applied for this competition now!

How many are expected to be recruited, I kind of dismissed this campaign because of the recruitment freeze.

How many are expected to be recruited, I kind of dismissed this campaign because of the recruitment freeze.

I did too but applied anyways fingers crossed!

I’ve no idea it’s for all of Ireland and they’ve it broken down in to four sections of where you would like to work which is in the Appendix part of the application.

I haven’t heard anything if it’s been affected by the recruitment freeze hoping it’s not as it’s been advertised before that was announced

• Registered Users Posts: 25,659 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Mala1313 wrote: »
    Is it just me or is this competition not that popular???

Being required to provide your own vehicle on a CO salary is ridiculous. I know a couple of people who chose not to apply based on that alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭milkandsugar

I've my hat thrown in for this. Sure we'll see how it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭bisset

I did too but applied anyways fingers crossed!

I’ve no idea it’s for all of Ireland and they’ve it broken down in to four sections of where you would like to work which is in the Appendix part of the application.

I haven’t heard anything if it’s been affected by the recruitment freeze hoping it’s not as it’s been advertised before that was announced

As far I as know the recruitment freeze is only in HSE and HSE funded organisations. It does not affect Tusla.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 DarceyEllie

Thanks for the response to my question above . I am surprised there isn't more interest on the "boards" for these role's comparing to the public sector Clerical officer campaign and the Executive Officer campaign but lets see what happens.

Has anyone heard anything since applying? Just wondering as the cut off date was a week or two ago!! Thanks

Has anyone heard anything since applying? Just wondering as the cut off date was a week or two ago!! Thanks

Nothing here

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jock 1

I am fairly well placed on a panel from the 2017 campaign which only went live 6 months ago, cannot understand why new campaign starting already ? Could not be possible that they have exhausted that list already.

Mollycam ,

When you applied in 2017 how long before you heard back from them after submitting your application and how long were you waiting to be called for interview?

jock 1 wrote: »
    Mollycam ,

When you applied in 2017 how long before you heard back from them after submitting your application and how long were you waiting to be called for interview?
    Jock 1 - I applied Feb 17, did online assessment some months later(was a bit dissapointed with results!)did following stage which I think was related to the competency section again some months later & in Summer 18 called for interview. All in all it was a very long process!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Linking123!

Mollycam ,

Jock 1 - I applied Feb 17, did online assessment some months later(was a bit dissapointed with results!)did following stage which I think was related to the competency section again some months later & in Summer 18 called for interview. All in all it was a very long process!
    What location did you apply for?

What location did you apply for?

Dublin mid Leinster there location area choice is very large , is it similar process to civil service competition? This one I took it was straight to interview if you successful in stage 1 , maybe I’m wrong . Have they given you any indication of when/ if you might be offered a job ?

Louth area. A few positions have come up but all full-time I'm hoping for part-time if I'm lucky to suit family needs etc

• Advertisement

Louth area. A few positions have come up but all full-time I'm hoping for part-time if I'm lucky to suit family needs etc

Can you refuse an offer and stay on the panel then , until something that suits comes up?Not bad if that’s the case, don’t think civil service ones leave you on panel if don’t take up first offer.

Can you refuse an offer and stay on the panel then , until something that suits comes up?Not bad if that’s the case, don’t think civil service ones leave you on panel if don’t take up first offer.
    They send out emails with specifics of job & give you 7 days to make an Expression of Interest. If u don't opt in at this stage you remain on panel. If u opt in and IF you are offered a position that you accept & then later drop out you are removed from the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Larryduff2018

Any word anyone on this campaign or will it bow like all the rest a long long waiting game

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Kenbug19

Hi, has anyone heard anything for this competition since the online application form? Supposedly interviews are to be carried out in May.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Kenbug19 wrote: »
    Hi, has anyone heard anything for this competition since the online application form? Supposedly interviews are to be carried out in May.

Not a peep

Very strange indeed , seems like they have forgotten about it .

Kenbug19 wrote: »

It could be due to the recruitment freeze. Also if the interview is not carried out in May it is very likely it won't be till September, as most of the staff will be on holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Email today saying interviews will commence shortly

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Email today saying interviews will commence shortly

Got that email too yaay!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Roadrunner4

Got that email too yaay!!

Ditto!

Advertisement