Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Bob24 wrote: »
    Yeah for anyone who got ETH anytime in the past year, that would already be a nice gain! (But we’re not their yet :-))

Just a little way to go lol! Probably best not get too excited at least until we're matching 2019 highs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

ya ETH looks to be winding itself up for a massive pump

If it breaks the key resistance level above it and get above €250, this thing could take off like a moon shot by 200-300%

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    ya ETH looks to be winding itself up for a massive pump

If it breaks the key resistance level above it and get above €250, this thing could take off like a moon shot by 200-300%

Hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

I'd like to see ETH pump but I think when BTC reaches previous ATH, ETH will probably only be half its previous ATH.

Probably wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Now counting on Irish Times readers to keep the momentum going :-) - https://www.irishtimes.com/business/markets/bitcoin-looks-to-have-breached-10-000-1.4171374

• Advertisement

Now counting on Irish Times readers to keep the momentum going :-) - https://www.irishtimes.com/business/markets/bitcoin-looks-to-have-breached-10-000-1.4171374

Top is in

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭maninasia

I don't know how people have the time or energy to trade sh1tcoins like ethereum

Haha ðŸ˜

maninasia wrote: »
    Haha ðŸ˜

Stop looking backwards and start looking forwards. Ethereum was once worth less than a dollar and you call it a ****coin.

The joke is on you then.

They never could imagine the current prices but it happened. I'm also not a fortune teller but time is going to to be your friend with ethereum. What is the recognition of the general public about erhereum right now ? I believe less than one in a thousand own any crypto right now. We are still very much in early adopter phase.

Defi alone is a massive use case for ethereum..I've used it and it works really well. You borrow off your own collateral almost instantly. No regulations and no borders and almost free transaction except for the interest rates.

I'm going to ride Ethereum into the stratosphere. There's no real challenger.. You've got two huge crypto events this year, bitcoin halving and Eth 2.0 and this thing is just getting started.

It's still down 80% in 2 years against FIAT.

It's down 78% in the same period against Bitcoin.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,926 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Haha ðŸ˜

Stop looking backwards and start looking forwards. Ethereum was once worth less than a dollar and you call it a ****coin.

The joke is on you then.

They never could imagine the current prices but it happened. I'm also not a fortune teller but time is going to to be your friend with ethereum. What is the recognition of the general public about erhereum right now ? I believe less than one in a thousand own any crypto right now. We are still very much in early adopter phase.

Defi alone is a massive use case for ethereum..I've used it and it works really well. You borrow off your own collateral almost instantly. No regulations and no borders and almost free transaction except for the interest rates.

I'm going to ride Ethereum into the stratosphere. There's no real challenger.. You've got two huge crypto events this year, bitcoin halving and Eth 2.0 and this thing is just getting started.

A case of you take the low road and I'll take the high road. I'm only interested in Bitcoin and I'm more than happy with how my investment/punt has performed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,814 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

It's doing quite well, it was $1 in 2016, I got it for $10 in 2017, It hit around $1400 later that year. That was far larger growth than my BTC in the same period (1K to 20K), a sharper reversal in the bear was only natural

It's currently $250, not bad

• Advertisement

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    It's doing quite well, it was $1 in 2016, I got it for $10 in 2017, It hit around $1400 later that year. That was far larger growth than my BTC in the same period (1K to 20K), a sharper reversal in the bear was only natural

It's currently $250, not bad

Bad or not bad, it's performed worse over the last two years (most people didn't buy at $1 or $10).

I don't care if people fancy spending their time and money trading it, but it's not for me (it was briefly in the past).

The last 2 years have been a bear market, BTC seems to do better than other coins in those markets.

Bought my first BTC in 2013. However since 2016 Eth has generally been returning higher gains.

Alts are more elastic and risky than BTC, so while they can drop much lower, it also means their gains can be much higher (e.g. Ripple went up 70,000% in 9 months in 2017)

Nothing wrong with sticking solely with BTC and nothing wrong with diversifying with BTC and a few alts

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg

The last 2 years have been a bear market, BTC seems to do better than other coins in those markets.

Bought my first BTC in 2013. However since 2016 Eth has generally been returning higher gains.

Alts are more elastic and risky than BTC, so while they can drop much lower, it also means their gains can be much higher (e.g. Ripple went up 70,000% in 9 months in 2017)

Nothing wrong with sticking solely with BTC and nothing wrong with diversifying with BTC and a few alts

Depends on the value one is investing and their risk appetite.

The choice of coin is much different if it's a €100 speculative punt compared to a €10000 investment.

So by picking the top of the last cycle your argument is ?

cnocbui wrote: »
    A case of you take the low road and I'll take the high road. I'm only interested in Bitcoin and I'm more than happy with how my investment/punt has performed.

In terms of covering the bases I go for both the low and high road and also some streams in between.. A lot of folks that have attachment to bitcoin started into crypto well over three years ago.

So by picking the top of the last cycle your argument is ?

Are you trying to tell me that isn't a good investment opportunity given that it could well blast past that within a couple of years ?ðŸ˜

That drop had allowed me have a solid investment in eth.

There's only one person arguing here.

I just prefer original assets that perform better in both bull and bear markets.

Don't lose sleep over other people's investment outlooks.

There's only one person arguing here.

I just prefer original assets that perform better in both bull and bear markets.

Don't lose sleep over other people's investment outlooks.

I'm not losing any sleep over your investments
    How is Ethereum not a true original ?

What cut off points do you use to define perform better in bull and bear?

Another one added to the ignore list.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

For the record, Ripple didn’t go up 70,000%, it was XRP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

Does anyone know where I can trade BSV from the fork there a while back? Coinbase and Uphold don't do it and I don't know where to transfer it to access it or exchange it.

I'm very excited at the current upswing. I bought several new currencies before Christmas so it's great that it's paying dividends already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

Another one added to the ignore list.

I was waiting for you to say that.

Thanks for keeping us informed of your blocking anyone that disagrees with or asks you a question.

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    For the record, Ripple didn’t go up 70,000%, it was XRP

Correct and you are right to be accurate.

But it makes you sound like Ripple’s lawyer arguing XRP isn’t a security :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,926 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

In terms of covering the bases I go for both the low and high road and also some streams in between.. A lot of folks that have attachment to bitcoin started into crypto well over three years ago.

You make it sound like a put down. Guilty as charged. You won't get almost 3 Bitcoin for a grand now.

Frozen Veg wrote: »
    Depends on the value one is investing and their risk appetite.

The choice of coin is much different if it's a €100 speculative punt compared to a €10000 investment.

Absolutely. Within the ultra risky mental world of cryptos there a spectrum, a "blue chip" end (really just BTC) and then a sliding scale of ever-more risky "penny stock" alts.

Does anyone know where I can trade BSV from the fork there a while back? Coinbase and Uphold don't do it and I don't know where to transfer it to access it or exchange it.

I'm very excited at the current upswing. I bought several new currencies before Christmas so it's great that it's paying dividends already.

Join Binance, send it in and sell it for BTC or Eth there, then send that to Coinbase and cash out if you want to

It possibly isn’t the most economical way do do it, but if you just just want to get rid of a small/medium batch as a once off and never trade BSV again, you can do it here and if the amount isn’t too large it doesn’t require to register or go through any KYC process: https://coinswitch.co/pro/

(You just specify how many BSVs you want to swap, what you want to swap them for, and the destination address for the result of the swap ... and it will then give you the address where to send your BSVs and do the swap once received)

FFVII wrote: »
    I was waiting for you to say that.

Thanks for keeping us informed of your blocking anyone that disagrees with or asks you a question.

And another one. :pac:

Just another reason to not believe mainstream media. Clearly has nothing to do with said virus.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2020/feb/12/bitcoin-back-over-10000-dollars-amid-coronavirus-concerns

Just another reason to not believe mainstream media. Clearly has nothing to do with said virus.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2020/feb/12/bitcoin-back-over-10000-dollars-amid-coronavirus-concerns

I actually think the virus gave the initial impulse to initiate the rally a few weeks ago (I remember at some point the stock market fell and both Bitcoin and gold rose at the same time when the world started to realise the extend of the issue).

But yeah if the virus did something it was just a quicker trigger for something which was bound to happen anyway and it isn’t responsable for the sustained rise (gold and the stock market have since gone back to business as usual while Bitcoin kept moving).

• Advertisement

I actually think the virus gave the initial impulse to initiate the rally a few weeks ago (I remember at some point the stock market fell and both Bitcoin and gold rose at the same time when the world started to realise the extend of the issue).

But yeah if the virus did something it was just a quicker trigger for something which was bound to happen anyway and it isn’t responsable for the sustained rise (gold and the stock market have since gone back to business as usual while Bitcoin kept moving).

Seems to me Bitcoin SV's enormous rally on Craig's (false) news played a serious part. A significant volume went into the coin, then it took an immense jump (something we haven't seen a top cap coin do independently in the market in a long while) then various other alts started popping and the whole market started to (tentatively) move upwards. It also mirrors last year where there was a recovery just after Christmas (which later turned into a BTC run), so that would have helped sentiment

It's the single most surprising thing I've seen since 2017 and wasn't expecting it in the slightest, and I follow this crap on an hourly basis. If it made me bullish on crap alts (I immediately bought some dog**** like BCD and BTG which then rocketed up) then it's understandable why the market took to it. BSV is as crap as you can get in the top 10.

The BTC halving is coming and Eth 2.0, so it seemed to trigger the impending runs for those. Crypto is a flock of birds it can turn on practically nothing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement