Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

This has a bigger impact for the price of Paypal than it does crypto.

For sure PayPal are not doing this just for the sake of supporting crypto.

But I think this move (and other similar ones) will change the perception of crypto from the general public. Seeing BTC (and a few other cryptos) alongside dollars and euros as a source of funds for all their PayPal transactions gives it more legitimacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

XRP is flying atm. I always said I wouldn't buy any coins but I was nearly going to buy XRP one time a while back and I should have. Would have made a nice profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Everything starting to move again, XLM up 20% in an hour, the weekend's cash deposits arriving, we're also building for a big drop at this rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Pawinho

Just hodl. 2021 is coming. Last gains are nothing we had huge pullback on alt/BTC since summer.
    Easy....

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭TRANQUILLO

TRANQUILLO wrote: »
    This is what im confused about as a noob.

If I put 1000 euro into bitcoin today and its goes back to its ATH of circa 20,000 ill make a few quid.

But if i put 1000 euro into ripple and it goes back to its ATH of 3.17 ill make an even bigger wedge.

The merits of both coins aside and if we just think of bull run mentality and ensuing hysteria its not a massive leap of faith think ripple could get to 4 quid. You'd clean up no?

would have doubled my money in a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

$19k tiiiidy.

jimmii wrote: »
    $19k tiiiidy.

Argh ... I don't know if I am getting carried-over, but at this stage ATH seems very likely before any meaningful pullback.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

6 wrote: »
    ETH is flying. $600 incoming

ETH 2.0 Beacon due to launch
    https://www.coindesk.com/eth-2-0-deposit-contract-secures-enough-funds-to-launch

The smart contract required for triggering the first phase of Ethereum 2.0 has enough funds to begin activation of Ethereum’s most ambitious upgrade yet, which will radically shift Ethereum’s economic model, resource usage and governance.

The Ethereum 2.0 deposit contract, which was released in early November, has accrued more than 540,000 ETH (worth over $325 million) late Monday night, ensuring that the beacon chain for Ethereum 2.0 will launch next week, formally beginning the second-largest cryptocurrency’s shift from a proof-of-work consensus mechanism to a proof-of-stake one in hopes of solving a number of issues, including scalability.

The Ethereum Foundation had previously set a soft launch date for Dec. 1, assuming the deposit contract saw 524,288 ETH staked by Nov. 24. It hit the target with hours to spare, after more than 150,000 ETH were deposited in a 24-hour period.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

TRANQUILLO wrote: »
    would have doubled my money in a week.

If you bought it at 6am this morning you'd be down near 20%.

If you bought Bitcoin at 5k in March you'd be up near 400%. :pac:

Bob24 wrote: »
    Argh ... I don't know if I am getting carried-over, but at this stage ATH seems very likely before any meaningful pullback.

Starting to agree, could see $20,000 before Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Everything starting to move again, XLM up 20% in an hour, the weekend's cash deposits arriving, we're also building for a big drop at this rate.

Finally!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,357 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

BTC ATH around the corner

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSjhPBNBe9zp2FzFSHCU4tAtc73FsaRJhZltw&usqp=CAU

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Starting to agree, could see $20,000 before Christmas.

So bearish! All these alt gains have to go somewhere. Pamp eet. I'm guessing ATH this week and miniature frenzy running up to Xmas as the media'll have their articles pre-written and ready to go.

grindle wrote: »
    So bearish! All these alt gains have to go somewhere. Pamp eet. I'm guessing ATH this week and miniature frenzy running up to Xmas as the media'll have their articles pre-written and ready to go.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

the money cycle flows in crypto, FIAT-BTC-Large caps-mid caps-low caps-fiat

we are in the large caps/mid caps part now
    Need BTC to hold a nice level for another 4-6 weeks, this reminds me of the same play around May/June but with more gains

Great craic altogether

6 wrote: »
    BTC ATH around the corner

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSjhPBNBe9zp2FzFSHCU4tAtc73FsaRJhZltw&usqp=CAU

As Roy Keane said, it’s a long corner 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭antgal23

Anybody buying this rally needs their head examined

Someone may need to double check this but I believe Bitcoin just hit a new all time high in EURO

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Jafin

Someone may need to double check this but I believe Bitcoin just hit a new all time high in EURO

ATH according to Coinbase was €16,979 back in December 2017. Sitting at €16,274.23 currently.

• Advertisement

Jafin wrote: »
    ATH according to Coinbase was €16,979 back in December 2017. Sitting at €16,274.23 currently.

Thanks, Bitstamp has it at €16,101

It says on Coingecko than the ATH is 16727 euros and that we are currently at 16219.

So at least according to them we are not there yet - but not far :-)

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Jafin

Oh...so exchanges all have different prices then I guess? I'm still super new to this, but I suppose given how Fiat currency exchanges all have different rates that makes sense, I just never thought about that before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭RoboRat

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    for now, yes
    If you have a Ledger, you can set up on that

I have a ledger S and I have an XRP account on it, do I need to do anything else or is that it?

Jafin wrote: »
    Oh...so exchanges all have different prices then I guess? I'm still super new to this, but I suppose given how Fiat currency exchanges all have different rates that makes sense, I just never thought about that before.

Yes, the price on each exchange is define but the balance of offer and demand on that exchange.

Of course the price on a given exchange could not not deviate from the overall market though. If this happens, some people are bound to arbitrage between exchanges which will balance prices.

RoboRat wrote: »
    I have a ledger S and I have an XRP account on it, do I need to do anything else or is that it?

there are tutorials online and youtube
    Look up Wietse Wind tutorial flare token

antgal23 wrote: »
    Anybody buying this rally needs their head examined

If you think this is a rally, wait for the next one

If Large caps are pumping this hard after the BTC pump, how do you think the mid and small caps are going to go?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭RoboRat

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    there are tutorials online and youtube
    Look up Wietse Wind tutorial flare token

Gentleman, appreciate that and I will get round to it this week. Can't be missing out on any gains, been holding it since 2018 years so I'm due!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

A lot in the top 50 really moving, interesting to see if this continues will people start going nuts trying to "guess" on the other alts

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement