Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Saganist wrote: »
    I bought a few hundred Eurs worth of Ripple/XRP via Revolut a few weeks ago. It seems to be shooting up today. I'm at the stage of do I sell now or will it keep going up... What to do what to do... :-)

It's a scam. The trick is to get out before the founders do their latest dump.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonbloomberg/2019/03/01/is-ripple-a-scam/?sh=ce60bba79a44

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Saganist wrote: »
    I bought a few hundred Eurs worth of Ripple/XRP via Revolut a few weeks ago. It seems to be shooting up today. I'm at the stage of do I sell now or will it keep going up... What to do what to do... :-)

I unloaded 10% of my trade earlier today and took some profits

There is a flare token drop on 12th Dec which is probably pushing this price action

I'll be unloading the rest in stages up until this date as I feel there is going to be buying up until then

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Fazorb

I have 1k on coinbase sitting around that I want to all in on one of their sh*t coins.

Shill me the best ones to go with?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Fazorb wrote: »
    I have 1k on coinbase sitting around that I want to all in on one of their sh*t coins.

Shill me the best ones to go with?

Link of course :)

younger fella is a keeper, time to diversify the older one

Older one is saving for a car, trying to explain to him the money invested now will get him possibly a better one in 12 months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

Bob24 wrote: »
    Good momentum for now, which could take it there pretty quickly.

But I’d also say that there must be loads of people who bought in the past bull run (in 2017/2018) and have been waiting since then to offload their holdings when they break even. This could quickly reverse price action of the move up comes to an halt and they all FOMO in terms of taking their chance to dump their holdings.

Literally just did this. Made small profit and got out.

XRP stresses me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,800 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

I'm good with XRP. Just about every crypto has large individual holders who could theoretically tank the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Some of you may be aware that JohnnyFlash passed away on Sunday evening.

Believe it or not but he was actually a hodlr of BTC. He never believed in the whole thing (as he posted here ad naseum) but he did buy a modest amount early on. Sad that he never got to cash out. I hope he had the good sense to include the keys in his will to his two sons.

If he was still around I'm sure he'd be in here banging on about tether and scams accounting for the latest uptick.

Didn't know that Johnny had passed away, very sorry to hear of this.
    Any idea of the circumstances?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Didn't know that Johnny had passed away, very sorry to hear of this.
    Any idea of the circumstances?

Boating accident apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

I presume that's a reference to the famous 'i lost my gold and silver in a boating accident' reference? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

How much tax do you have to owe before it's worth considering tax avoidance options?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

FFVII wrote: »
    How much tax do you have to owe before it's worth considering tax avoidance options?

33%

grindle wrote: »
    33%

No, as in. When is Singapore etc worth thinking about?

When you owe revenue how much?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

It really depends on whether you are planning to move abroad reluctantly and purely to avoid taxation, of if you are happy enough with the move anyway.

It’s a personal thing I guess, but I’d say if the only purpose is to avoid taxation and you are an average PAYE worker, you’d probably want to be looking at minimum 300000 euros of capital gains (I.e. 100000 of potential savings on CGT). And even these 100k won’t finance a very good lifestyle in Singapore for 3 years; so if the goal is purely to maximise profits, some lower cost locations with no CGT might make more sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg

The whole market is over inflated. Abort before the crash.

Frozen Veg wrote: »

It’s just starting....

Bull run in full flow

• Registered Users Posts: 19,906 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

When the CGT amounts to a years income or more.

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    It’s just starting....

Bull run in full flow

Worrying when you see the likes of Litecoin inflated already to $85.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,906 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

If you are worried about ivestments/bets paying off, it could be you are in the wrong place.

Considerable pullback since last night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

If you believe in digital currency without government interference then it is not.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Stormington

tenor.gif

Irish_rat wrote: »
    If you believe in digital currency without government interference then it is not.

Bitcoin is up 500% since it's most recent low of $3500.

Not questioning the longevity of crypto. Just expecting a market correction soon like we've seen in the past.

When you see all coins bulling simultaneously like they have recently, it is not an indication of the potential success of the technology behind any one of the currencies, it is just the market becoming falsely inflated and will deflate again like it did previously.

Just my view. Looking forward to buying the dip :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,800 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Bitcoin is up 500% since it's most recent low of $3500.

2017: BTC went from $780 at the beginning of the year to $20k, Ripple went up 700x in 9 months, and all that was with crappy market infrastructure. Indeed that was an "insanity" year, but the underlying fundamentals and movements based on herd psychology haven't changed, and we now have far better infrastructure, and the ability for average joe's to jump in (Paypal).

Yeah we could have a dip now, a flattening out, or we could just as easily see another big run at some point in the medium term. But I would be surprised to see any sort of 2018 style bear (unless there's some v negative news)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

ETH still going...

that was some wick down to $17.7k, blink and you missed it
    took out a lot of stops I'd say
    Looks like we head upwards from here

XRP also back up at the $0.45 level, flip that and we go higher

• Registered Users Posts: 65,053 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Some of you may be aware that JohnnyFlash passed away on Sunday evening.

Is this some sort of joke / trolling? If so it's not funny. Any boating accident with a fatality would have been in the papers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

ETH will now climb, should be at $1700 really. Sell all your BTC for ETH. Re-invest back in BTC in a few eeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

RasTa wrote: »
    ETH will now climb, should be at $1700 really. Sell all your BTC for ETH. Re-invest back in BTC in a few eeks.

I ****ing hope so!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Just going down memory lane. My first BTC purchase...
    Bought € 95.01 in Bitcoin as an open Maket Order @ € 439.98333

The amount of bitcoins received was : 0.21594

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement