Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops/Businesses opening/closing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭Guffy

A Decathlon would be great!

Went to dublin on sat specifically for decathlon, be great to get one here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,026 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Jammyd wrote: »
    Planning lodged for a Decathlon, Tesco Supermarket and a number of smaller retail units in Knocknacarra opposite the Aldi and New Lidl - would love to see this get the go ahead.

https://geo.galwaycity.ie/ePlan5/AppFileRefDetails/21148/0[/QUOTE

Confused about where this is planned for, is it at the site opposite dunes/behind aldi or across the road in front of the apartments close to the school?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Jammyd

Bredabe wrote: »
    Planning lodged for a Decathlon, Tesco Supermarket and a number of smaller retail units in Knocknacarra opposite the Aldi and New Lidl - would love to see this get the go ahead.

Confused about where this is planned for, is it at the site opposite dunes/behind aldi or across the road in front of the apartments close to the school?

This should show it clearly I hope ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Laviski

as much as i would love a Decathlon, the tesco part of the application is going to get it refused.

queue the joyce's appeal......
    (also if i recall tesco appealed against lidl applications so lidl may find a way to appeal tesco's) edit added link: https://www.thejournal.ie/lidl-tesco-war-4352517-Nov2018/

will be late this decade if Decathalon opens here if waiting for Tesco part to get through, ideally scrub tesco and replace with IKEA - sorted. (wishful thinking)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

Article in the Sunday Times (paywalled) says Sports Direct has taken a lease on the old Debenhams premises in the Corrib centre.

passing oranmore this morning on the way to galway
    lolet9c.jpg

• Advertisement

Laviski wrote: »
    ideally scrub tesco and replace with IKEA - sorted. (wishful thinking)

I was curious so here's Ikea Dublin beside the Knocknacarra site. They are comparable in size but the Knocnacarra one is a bit too wonky for Ikea I'd say

553346.png

Made with scale-a-tron

m17 wrote: »
    5 supermarkets in knocknacarra its crazy stuff if it gets the go ahead

Knocknacarra has a big population. Pity they're all clustered east of the Clybaun Road.

passing oranmore this morning on the way to galway
    lolet9c.jpg

That's a shipment of 5 of their mugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Private Joker

kemballi on abbeygate street has a sign up that they're closing down.

Can I ask why there is always a queue outside it when open?

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭topcat77

Whats the name of the road that the vehicular entrance will be on?

Ground works started last week! Looking forward to more options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,900 ✭✭✭what_traffic

Bredabe wrote: »

This is only stage one of this scheme (the commercial). 40% of site is commercial fronting onto WDR, roughly 60% of the site is going to be residential element here will be on the Kingston side of the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,768 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

kemballi on abbeygate street has a sign up that they're closing down.

Can I ask why there is always a queue outside it when open?

It's insanely popular, and they're only allowing a few people in at a time.

No idea why he decided to close rather than sell the business, possibly covid made buying stock too hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Wiggywiggle

Any sign or decathlon opening up?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,768 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Any sign or decathlon opening up?

Sheesh, they're only after applying for planning!

Suspect you mean Sports Direct. The jobs that were advertised had a June start date, AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Wiggywiggle

Sheesh, they're only after applying for planning!

Suspect you mean Sports Direct. The jobs that were advertised had a June start date, AFAIK.

Where’s sports direct going to go in?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Where’s sports direct going to go in?

Debenhams corrib shopping centre

• Registered Users Posts: 4,803 ✭✭✭b.gud

5 supermarkets in knocknacarra its crazy stuff if it gets the go ahead

Don't forget that those 5 supermarkets would service a huge catchment area. I was told before that the Aldi in Knocknacarra is the busiest, or 2nd busiest (can't remember which) in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

https://connachttribune.ie/tesco-and-decathlon-to-anchor-new-galway-development/
    From this week’s Galway City Tribune – Retail giants Tesco and Decathlon are anchor tenants in a planned new ‘urban village’ between Kingston and Knocknacarra.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Laviski

https://connachttribune.ie/tesco-and-decathlon-to-anchor-new-galway-development/
    From this week’s Galway City Tribune – Retail giants Tesco and Decathlon are anchor tenants in a planned new ‘urban village’ between Kingston and Knocknacarra.

This was posted just only a few posts back..... We know already

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Laviski wrote: »
    This was posted just only a few posts back..... We know already

Sorry...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭Homelander

Not a new business opening as yet - but plans lodged to convert some of the empty units in Edward Square from retail to restaurant use, while not overly in favour of it given the lack of availability of properly sized units in the centre it at the least may bring a bit more life back to the lane

• Registered Users Posts: 23,292 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Not a new business opening as yet - but plans lodged to convert some of the empty units in Edward Square from retail to restaurant use, while not overly in favour of it given the lack of availability of properly sized units in the centre it at the least may bring a bit more life back to the lane

Burger King Unit I guess?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,772 ✭✭✭✭zell12

BK could move, y'know.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Burger King Unit I guess?

No that unit is being turned back into retail I’m talking about Edward square over by top shop

• Registered Users Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

zell12 wrote: »
    BK could move, y'know.

Thought BK closed down in Eyre Square last year...

Thought BK closed down in Eyre Square last year...

They did

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Wonder why work has not resumed at the Dean Hotel in Bohermore

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Wonder why work has not resumed at the Dean Hotel in Bohermore

It was mentioned on the radio this morning that builders providers are running short on materials and can't supply to meet demand.
    This and a shortage of skilled employees will slow a lot of projects down I would think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,772 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Saw two massive Sports Direct trucks on Headford Rd earlier

Advertisement