Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops/Businesses opening/closing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,697 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I've had off-line confirmation that Deacys is a retirement.

FWIW.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Worn Out

Is The Full Duck in Salthill closed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

Bredabe wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the beauty salon part of we care pharmacy in salthill still open?, we cant find any info online either way.
    They have a tiny hair salon and 1 treatment room downstairs to one side of the pharmacy shop floor. Anyone in the shop can see you getting your hair done. I believe they used to have a bigger setup upstairs and also open on Sundays. They don't now. I get the impression they are very short of staff.

In fairness to We Care, I just wanted to update my post to say that the upstairs hair salon is still in use and is very nice. I did have a pleasant experience there recently. However, there doesn’t seem to be any way of predicting in advance whether you will be seen upstairs or downstairs.

Lana are expanding into the neighboring premises recently vacated by Maureen McKeown Estate Agents in Salthill.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Lana are expanding into the neighboring premises recently vacated by Maureen McKeown Estate Agents in Salthill.

Good on 'em. Used to use them all the time until Papa Rich took over. Have Lana upped their game at all in response?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Good on 'em. Used to use them all the time until Papa Rich moved in. Have Lana upped their game at all in response?

Oh I love Lana's, isn't there a new asian just across the road too

Worn Out wrote: »
    Is The Full Duck in Salthill closed?

I had lunch there about two weeks ago and was open and fairly busy. Felt they were understaffed on the day though which was slowing service but the food was nice as it has been any time I was there. I’d be surprised if they closed as they always seemed busy anything I was there or in the area at lunch time.

Good on 'em. Used to use them all the time until Papa Rich moved in. Have Lana upped their game at all in response?

We ate in Lana recently and felt it wasn’t as good as it used to be. Hopefully the expansion will rejuvenate their offering.

Oh I love Lana's, isn't there a new asian just across the road too

The new Asian place across from Lana is called Samyo. The food is tasty and well presented, the surroundings are comfortable and the service is charming. The last time we were there I noticed a flier for an all you can eat buffet on Sundays for a very reasonable price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

The new Asian place across from Lana is called Samyo. The food is tasty and well presented, the surroundings are comfortable and the service is charming. The last time we were there I noticed a flier for an all you can eat buffet on Sundays for a very reasonable price.

Was in there last week on a visit to galway, nice place, staff really good but the food was only ok. Had a prawn and wasabi dish which was really gloopy and heavy. Was expecting something kind of light and fresh, but it was battered prawns in a really sticky heavy wasabi sauce. Wasn't great and my friend with me found the same on their dish.

Always find Lana hit and miss, across their different branches. Sometimes great, sometimes only ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

CHRISTMAS SHOP

Ez living have opened a Christmas shop in the unit vacated by river deep mountain high

The joke shop / costume shop on mainguard street seems to be about to reopen selling the same type of products

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

• Registered Users Posts: 22,474 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

The joke shop / costume shop on mainguard street seems to be about to reopen selling the same type of products

It doesn't really blend in on that side of the street, looks tacky imo. Guess that goes with the territory though.

It doesn't really blend in on that side of the street, looks tacky imo. Guess that goes with the territory though.
    It's there a long time - it didn't stand out that much when it was next door to the x worx shop.

I would have though that standing out would be a good thing for a retail shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

. Anyone eaten there yet? Waked by there today and the icecreams looked unreal ..

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

detoxkid wrote: »
    . Anyone eaten there yet? Waked by there today and the icecreams looked unreal ..

Its a very big space for just a take away ice cream

Its a very big space for just a take away ice cream

Quite a strange time of year to be opening an ice cream shop. They don't seem to have got the memo about plastic cups being A Bad Thing, either.

But I guess being directly across the street from Dough Bros might give them a stream of customers who've just had dinner and are looking for pudding.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭xckjoo

I would have though that standing out would be a good thing for a retail shop.
    There's by-laws about that kind of thing in the city. They're fairly restrictive from what I understand, but applied ad-hocly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭testtech05

I saw online that Soul Cafe beside Mr Price in Terryland is closing at the end of the month.

The former Mothercare shop in the Eyre Square centre seems to be getting a refit. I didn't see any sign to suggest what's going into it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Redo91

The former Mothercare shop in the Eyre Square centre seems to be getting a refit. I didn't see any sign to suggest what's going into it

My girlfriend works in the shopping centre and heard a few weeks back that it’s a clothing chain called DV8. Hadn’t heard of them before.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,823 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Speaking of Eyre Square/Corbett Court I noticed a Carrig Donn (sp?) jewellery shop in the unit where Elverys had a clear out store.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,984 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

flazio wrote: »
    Speaking of Eyre Square/Corbett Court I noticed a Carrig Donn (sp?) jewellery shop in the unit where Elverys had a clear out store.

As mentioned already!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

Redo91 wrote: »
    My girlfriend works in the shopping centre and heard a few weeks back that it’s a clothing chain called DV8. Hadn’t heard of them before.

They make really good clothes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

They had a store in enniskillen and it closed but it had good choice of mens clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭cena

That are in roscommon town

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

cena wrote: »
    That are in roscommon town

Castlebar also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Ennis, Nenagh, Tipperary etc, not an unpopular store.

Advertisement