Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Aviva - people going in and out during games

12346»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 144 ✭✭Marcus Rashford

What do I do?

- Head out at around 38 mins

Thereby forcing everyone else to let you past??

And you seem to want to be congratulated for this?

So now people aren’t allowed leave at all. If you’ve a problem with someone leaving once during a half of rugby, you’re the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

So now people aren’t allowed leave at all. If you’ve a problem with someone leaving once during a half of rugby, you’re the problem.

Amazing that people manage to sit through and hour or more fo a play or concert without a single person leaving until the interval or the end. How do they possibly do it ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 144 ✭✭Marcus Rashford

Amazing that people manage to sit through and hour or more fo a play or concert without a single person leaving until the interval or the end. How do they possibly do it ?

Because they’re not boozing whilst watching the show.

Because it doesn’t take 10 minutes to get to a urinal.

Because the barstaff tend to be professionals rather than students.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,862 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Because the barstaff tend to be professionals rather than students.

Please don't get me started on the bar staff. The young girl working at the bar for the card only outside 505 was pathetically slow. I've seen glaciers move quicker than her.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Tommybojangles

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    I think you need to re-evaluate your life.

Are people on a sports forum really criticising someone for being in a bad mood when their team loses?

Theres no talking to me for at least an hour after a connacht rugby or Galway hurling loss. Most of my friends/ family the same way about some team or other. I suppose we all need to re evaluate our lives en Masse😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

mfceiling wrote: »
    Please don't get me started on the bar staff. The young girl working at the bar for the card only outside 505 was pathetically slow. I've seen glaciers move quicker than her.
    Quite few working there are in school/college and never really worked in bars before and wont be able cope with busy periods at all. Will always be few who're very slow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Minimum wage, probably doing as a side job for college. Fast enough for me....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Oh they are hopeless

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭RCK1

lbc2019 wrote: »
    Oh they are hopeless

3 bar taps broken in the mad busy premium bar at half time once:

Me to barman "Can I get...." for each one until told none are working. Other taps are busy so I ask for a bottle to make things easier amd quicker "Sorry I'm not actually severing" I don't think I, or the people surrounding l, ever felt like slapping someone so much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Theres no talking to me for at least an hour after a connacht rugby or Galway hurling loss.

Well at least you had years of practice with both.....

• Advertisement

RCK1 wrote: »
    3 bar taps broken in the mad busy premium bar at half time once:

Me to barman "Can I get...." for each one until told none are working. Other taps are busy so I ask for a bottle to make things easier amd quicker "Sorry I'm not actually severing" I don't think I, or the people surrounding l, ever felt like slapping someone so much

First we had complaining because people are drinking alcohol

Now we are complaining because we can't get the alcohol quick enough :P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Before both became champions in recent years. The wait just made it all the sweeter sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Tommybojangles

Sustained success really wouldnt suit me
    😂

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    First we had complaining because people are drinking alcohol

Now we are complaining because we can't get the alcohol quick enough :P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P

My problem isn't with drinking but going in and out and out and in etc..... to get drink during the actual game

My problem isn't with drinking but going in and out and out and in etc..... to get drink during the actual game

Chillax, have a beer :p:p:p

Let your worries flow past!!!

Maybe they need table service sort of thing, somebody brings your drink to you for a tip?

Maybe they need table service sort of thing, somebody brings your drink to you for a tip?

Then the person serving you would be standing in someone else's way.......;);)

No matter what you do some people will find a reason to complain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

In Rome they have lads walking around serving people in the seats

seemed to work quite well, though perhaps when there are 52,000 Irish people it may not work as neatly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Riskymove wrote: »

seemed to work quite well, though perhaps when there are 52,000 Irish people it may not work as neatly

Also, the Aviva stairs and seating are steep AF. I'm actually amazed there hasn't been a major incident I've seen. Although TLS might have seen some given he's there for more games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,995 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

errlloyd wrote: »
    Also, the Aviva stairs and seating are steep AF. I'm actually amazed there hasn't been a major incident I've seen. Although TLS might have seen some given he's there for more games.

There are plenty of stadia with steeper stairs and seating. Plenty more.

Its not like the Aviva is anything special.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Maybe the levels of drunken debauchery aren't quite as bad as this thread would have you believe and people can still negotiate steps.

I'd be surprised if many stadia are as steep as the Aviva upper tier but I could be wrong. No stadium I've ever been in comes close and certainly not Olympico in Rome.

Maybe the levels of drunken debauchery aren't quite as bad as this thread would have you believe and people can still negotiate steps.

I saw an Irish older lad in Montpellier stadium (Altrad) absolutely smash his face to pieces when he misjudged a step. It was proper nasty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,721 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Jesus could you imagine the outrage there'd be of someone then standing in the way of someone's view because they're selling drinks to people in the seats!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

NIMAN wrote: »
    There are plenty of stadia with steeper stairs and seating. Plenty more.

Its not like the Aviva is anything special.

Yeah I never thought Aviva was steep!

• Advertisement

I'd be surprised if many stadia are as steep as the Aviva upper tier but I could be wrong. No stadium I've ever been in comes close and certainly not Olympico in Rome.

Cardiff is steeper

Also everyone is smashed before a ball is kicked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Cardiff is steeper

Also everyone is smashed before a ball is kicked

And people aren't even looking where they're going, they're so busy updating their Insta feeds while carrying 12 pints and trying to chat up the new bird who just moved over from KPMG and is well up for it according to Killian and Simon.

#teamofus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Wont happen in Aviva. There is people walking around serving customers in concourse but most dont go to them for bottles and prefer pints....
    Been incidents but not many more than any other stadium afaik

Wont happen in Aviva. There is people walking around serving customers in concourse but most dont go to them for bottles and prefer pints....
    You keep saying that with no stats. A lot go for bottles because the pints and service of the pints is so shocking

Been incidents but not many more than any other stadium afaik

Aviva isn't steep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Aviva isn't steep.

It is. It is not as noticeable when full but if you go up to the top of level 5 when its empty, it is bloddy steep! I get a bit vertigo if I have to go up there and I worked as a tree surgeon so should have no issue with heights!

There are incidents at every event where people slip/fall in the upper levels. Most go unreported and the only way we know they happened is by the blood on the ground.The

Selling pints to people at their seats will still mean people will need to get up and down so it won't solve the OPs problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Jewelers

maybe the vertigo is making people drunk jesus , this explains it all to me now , and it's giving me a nose bleed . Think this has run it's load

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Jewelers wrote: »
    maybe the vertigo is making people drunk jesus , this explains it all to me now , and it's giving me a nose bleed . Think this has run it's load

Everyone "has" vertigo when the realise they have crap seats.. We know the right questions to ask however to tell if its genuine or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

New Lansdowne is pretty steep at the top levels. I brought my aul lad a few years back without realising he suffered from vertigo. He was not in any way comfortable, refused to go back to those seats. Which is fair enough. And he was 100% sober at that point.

It's a steep section at the top. No arguing that.

And he was 100% sober at that point.

There's the problem - he wasn't drinking enough. It was a rugby match he was at after all......

Advertisement