Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Aviva - people going in and out during games

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

errlloyd wrote: »
    Also, the Aviva stairs and seating are steep AF. I'm actually amazed there hasn't been a major incident I've seen. Although TLS might have seen some given he's there for more games.

Maybe the levels of drunken debauchery aren't quite as bad as this thread would have you believe and people can still negotiate steps.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I'd be surprised if many stadia are as steep as the Aviva upper tier but I could be wrong. No stadium I've ever been in comes close and certainly not Olympico in Rome.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Also, the Aviva stairs and seating are steep AF. I'm actually amazed there hasn't been a major incident I've seen. Although TLS might have seen some given he's there for more games.

Maybe the levels of drunken debauchery aren't quite as bad as this thread would have you believe and people can still negotiate steps.

I saw an Irish older lad in Montpellier stadium (Altrad) absolutely smash his face to pieces when he misjudged a step. It was proper nasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,607 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Riskymove wrote: »
    In Rome they have lads walking around serving people in the seats

seemed to work quite well, though perhaps when there are 52,000 Irish people it may not work as neatly

Jesus could you imagine the outrage there'd be of someone then standing in the way of someone's view because they're selling drinks to people in the seats!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

NIMAN wrote: »
    There are plenty of stadia with steeper stairs and seating. Plenty more.

Its not like the Aviva is anything special.

Yeah I never thought Aviva was steep!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I'd be surprised if many stadia are as steep as the Aviva upper tier but I could be wrong. No stadium I've ever been in comes close and certainly not Olympico in Rome.

Cardiff is steeper

Also everyone is smashed before a ball is kicked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Cardiff is steeper

Also everyone is smashed before a ball is kicked

And people aren't even looking where they're going, they're so busy updating their Insta feeds while carrying 12 pints and trying to chat up the new bird who just moved over from KPMG and is well up for it according to Killian and Simon.

#teamofus

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Riskymove wrote: »
    In Rome they have lads walking around serving people in the seats

seemed to work quite well, though perhaps when there are 52,000 Irish people it may not work as neatly
    Wont happen in Aviva. There is people walking around serving customers in concourse but most dont go to them for bottles and prefer pints....
    Been incidents but not many more than any other stadium afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭RCK1

Wont happen in Aviva. There is people walking around serving customers in concourse but most dont go to them for bottles and prefer pints....
    You keep saying that with no stats. A lot go for bottles because the pints and service of the pints is so shocking

Been incidents but not many more than any other stadium afaik

Aviva isn't steep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

RCK1 wrote: »
    Aviva isn't steep.

It is. It is not as noticeable when full but if you go up to the top of level 5 when its empty, it is bloddy steep! I get a bit vertigo if I have to go up there and I worked as a tree surgeon so should have no issue with heights!

There are incidents at every event where people slip/fall in the upper levels. Most go unreported and the only way we know they happened is by the blood on the ground.The

Selling pints to people at their seats will still mean people will need to get up and down so it won't solve the OPs problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Jewelers

maybe the vertigo is making people drunk jesus , this explains it all to me now , and it's giving me a nose bleed . Think this has run it's load

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Jewelers wrote: »
    maybe the vertigo is making people drunk jesus , this explains it all to me now , and it's giving me a nose bleed . Think this has run it's load

Everyone "has" vertigo when the realise they have crap seats.. We know the right questions to ask however to tell if its genuine or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

New Lansdowne is pretty steep at the top levels. I brought my aul lad a few years back without realising he suffered from vertigo. He was not in any way comfortable, refused to go back to those seats. Which is fair enough. And he was 100% sober at that point.

It's a steep section at the top. No arguing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

And he was 100% sober at that point.

There's the problem - he wasn't drinking enough. It was a rugby match he was at after all......

Advertisement