Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In my mid 40s... Mid life crisis time?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

My father used to always tell me how people never change- "a leopard can't change its spots."

As the years pass I've realised more and more how wrong he was. The mad lads who used to be throwing porter down their necks when we were young fellas got it out of their system early and settled down. Then the other lads who got into unhappy marriages in their early twenties would end up separating and trying to relive their youths, trying to get the ride in bingo halls and discos. I know who I would rather be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Less of the personals there, Kathleen. I’d suggest you calm down and stop being hysterical. I’ve a very light-hearted attitude to life - a certain joie de vivre, and that includes my attitude to sex. Certainly not the sort that only does it once a week - Saturday night, lights out, bottle of wine, after watching the Ray Darcy show, 10
    minutes max, only 2 positions.

You mean all of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

Start buying vinyl OP.
    It's a bit like having a cocaine habit but more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Ipso wrote: »
    You mean all of them?

Sit down for this - but there’s a third position. Complex, and requires years of practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Misogynist? I’ve been called lots of things over the years, but a woman hater? If I’m guilty of anything, it’s loving women too much. Even big birds the odd time if I’ve had plenty of drink.

Well your posts in this thread would suggest you are either a bull****ter, a misogynist or a person who may not hate women but certainly does not respect them. In fact I would go so far as to say that you are the type of poster who gets men a bad name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Well your posts in this thread would suggest you are either a bull****ter, a misogynist or a person who may not hate women but certainly does not respect them. In fact I would go so far as to say that you are the type of poster who gets men a bad name.

Your dead right Kathleen,how dare middle age men want or enjoy sex.......tyey should be ashamed of themselves..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I do respect them, apart from my ex wife. She doesn’t like me either, but I’d never call her someone who hates men. She is an evil witch with more facial hair than me, but that doesn’t cloud my judgement of other birds - love them to pieces. And then tend to love me as well - I’m quite the hit with the ladies, especially ones in their late 30’s and early 40’s.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

You never know what day your going to drop dead. You could be near the end of your life already. Never mind mid life.

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    Your dead right Kathleen,how dare middle age men want or enjoy sex.......tyey should be ashamed of themselves..

Never said that and I enjoy sex as much a any woman, but I don't need to call my partner a "beached whale" or talk about " even big birds if I have enough to drink" or talk about "gettin' the lad out" I am not talking about his enjoyment of sex, I am talking about his immature attitude to it and women in general.

• Advertisement

I do respect them, apart from my ex wife. She doesn’t like me either, but I’d never call her someone who hates men. She is an evil witch with more facial hair than me, but that doesn’t cloud my judgement of other birds - love them to pieces. And then tend to love me as well - I’m quite the hit with the ladies, especially ones in their late 30’s and early 40’s.

So respectful...... Jaysus

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

maybe because the women in their 30s early 40s are in a mid life crisis too and any port in a storm:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

I normally stuff younger birds than Johnny even though we're of a similar age. We'll I think I'm a bit younger than him.
    I Try and go for ones in their early 20s. I find the Eastern European ones to be the best looking but can be very dour. Straight down to business types. The Orientals are much more friendly and demure. The ones walking the canal late at night should be avoided at all costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

This thread is hilarious.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,585 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Welllll...now we’ve gone waaay off topic.:mad:

What about mid-life crises and turning 44 on Monday just gone?

Anyone care to share their experiences?

Anyone?:(

Anyone?:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Gael23 wrote: »
    You never know what day your going to drop dead. You could be near the end of your life already. Never mind mid life.

Ah yeah, just what the op needed to cheer him up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

JupiterKid wrote: »

I'm on my second now, or as some call it my Audi TT. Never let a good mid life crises go to waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

My midlife crisis kicks in every time someone the same age or younger kicks the bucket.

Anyone care to share their experiences? Anyone?:( Anyone?:o

Turned 40 a little time ago myself and have been waiting for the MLC to kick in. Not sure when it will come or what form it will take. It has been something of an anti climax waiting for it.

I will probably have a 3/4 life crisis where I obsess over not having had my mid-life crisis when I could have and wasted those years when everyone else did something with theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Mine has already started, 37 this month. Felt no length when I was celebrating my 21st....... :(

Played a charity match in work a few weeks ago, I use to play football a lot and keep myself in decent enough fitness wise.... well so I thought.

Looked like a fat eejet on the pitch, I use to be able to run fast.... well I can’t! Couldn’t wait for the torture of it to be over, that was only after 3 mins kick off :(

But yeah I think it’s better to not over think age or we will all be going mad.

Life is way to short, do everything and anything you can while you still can :) - except football I’m just too old for that haha - I stil play fifa on the ps4 keeps me young!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Feel free to gloat at how so much younger you are compared to me:pac:...

I wish.

I'm actually the same age - but fúck yea, where have the last 20 years gone. I can't speak for you but I've done nothing, I may as well have just awakened this morning from a 2 decade coma!
    Woke Hogan wrote: »
    Then the other lads who got into unhappy marriages in their early twenties would end up separating and trying to relive their youths, trying to get the ride in bingo halls and discos. I know who I would rather be.

Bingo halls??

Jaysus, how desperate would you need to be to go chasing your hole in a bingo hall:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,004 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Bingo halls??

Jaysus, how desperate would you need to be to go chasing your hole in a bingo hall:D:D:D
    You would need a lot of balls anyway.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

I’d suggest you stop being so self-indulgent, realise you’re still relatively young, and live in a pretty decent country that affords you plenty of opportunity. Perhaps do some reading into stoicism.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,365 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

JohnnyFlash is a wind-up calm down, he has just been watching too much of The Sweeney on Uk Gold that's all.

Life got better as I got older so never really has a mid-life crisis as such, certainly having more sex in my fifties that I even had in my twenties and life is just better and more fun in general :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

If your in your 40’s and haven’t noticed a midlife crisis yet then mathematically your fcuked, because the chances are you had it in your 20’s and you will now be dead by 50.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I know what you mean OP, I am only 2 years behind you, celebrated my second 21st. Time just seems to disappear, the first quarter of this year is already nearly over, feels like I was celebrating new years only last weekend.

I've noticed the first gray hairs starting to appear, recovery time from a good session is much longer, struggle to keep up the younger lads when playing football, I've started moaning about younger peoples taste in music and fashion, and I have much less time for doing my own stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

I went bald at 19. I've got no time for a mid-life crisis. That tank has been empty for a long time.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I do remember turning 26 and momentarily thinking I'll never be 25 again, but beyond that never had one. Though time goes by slowly for me for some reason. Never got the sped up where have the years gone thing. Twenty years ago, even ten feels like another lifetime ago.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

More Pintman and JohhnyFlash please!!!

Pintman, any good exploits lately in the boudoirs of ladies of the night ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

JohnnyFlash for Taoiseach...
    Pintman for Tanaiste...

Advertisement