Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'what have some travellers somewhere done this time? thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Just an addendum to my post about the obnoxious thirteen year old Traveller kid who I had issues with. I have since learned that his family considers themselves settled and he has said that that he wishes to disassociate himself from the Traveller identity due to the negative connotations.

That's fair enough, but when you act like a cnut you are doing yourself no favours. I told him that I would like to discuss it with his parents and he told me to fcuk off and that I don't know where he lives. I do. I think I will have a chat with his parents. If they really are committed to getting rid of this bias against travellers they may listen to me. If they react violently, that will be their problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Where abouts is it and why haven't the media or anyone else picked up on it? I've been hearing these rumours but I've seen or heard nothing concrete

I'd like more info too, if it is really something extraordinary you would think there would be photos of it somewhere online.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Dante7 wrote: »
    Just an addendum to my post about the obnoxious thirteen year old Traveller kid who I had issues with. I have since learned that his family considers themselves settled and he has said that that he wishes to disassociate himself from the Traveller identity due to the negative connotations.

That's fair enough, but when you act like a cnut you are doing yourself no favours. I told him that I would like to discuss it with his parents and he told me to fcuk off and that I don't know where he lives. I do. I think I will have a chat with his parents. If they really are committed to getting rid of this bias against travellers they may listen to me. If they react violently, that will be their problem.
    Good luck with that. You will need it. In the meanwhile change the code on the door and maybe warn the neighbours about the f....er.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,509 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

tuxy wrote: »
    I'd like more info too, if it is really something extraordinary you would think there would be photos of it somewhere online.

Im guessing its this?

https://www.radiokerry.ie/e400000-council-house-tralee-due-completed-end-year/

Good luck with that. You will need it. In the meanwhile change the code on the door and maybe warn the neighbours about the f....er.

We'll see. If they are genuine in wanting to live harmoniously with their neighbours there will be no problem and they will talk to their son about his behaviour. I suspect that they may listen. They have a good thing going here but if they cross me it will be very bad for them. They are not dumb and they know who not to cross.

• Advertisement

We'll see. If they are genuine in wanting to live harmoniously with their neighbours there will be no problem and they will talk to their son about his behaviour. I suspect that they may listen. They have a good thing going here but if they cross me it will be very bad for them. They are not dumb and they know who not to cross.
    Wish you luck with them. But still get the code for the Door changed.

No need. They are cute enough and know who not to cross. The kid will probably get a hiding and told to steer clear. Not exactly solving the problem though. I kinda feel sorry for the kid though. No fcukin chance in life.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

john4321 wrote: »

The very one !. 400k !. If I could build something like that for 400k,I'd build 2. Wonder did they take the price of the land,service connection fees etc into account. They did in their hole. Some gaf all the same ,sure it's a great little country.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Thought I could find it on Google Maps but the area was last done in 2011. Would love to know what 400k gets you (us, we're paying for it) in that area, a lot I would guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

Thought I could find it on Google Maps but the area was last done in 2011. Would love to know what 400k gets you (us, we're paying for it) in that area, a lot I would guess.

If it's the place I'm thinking of on the road out to Blenerville there's a street view from 2017 and there seems to be some building work going on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

If it's the place I'm thinking of on the road out to Blenerville there's a street view from 2017 and there seems to be some building work going on.

Is this it?
    https://www.google.com/maps/@52.2638714,-9.719928,3a,75y,153.73h,89.95t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sx5r7L51PA3Ka1tNuLGKamA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

All boarded up buildings but a new one being built, looks strange.
    I don't know Tralee at all so I could be completely wrong.

Is this it?
    https://www.google.com/maps/@52.2638714,-9.719928,3a,75y,153.73h,89.95t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sx5r7L51PA3Ka1tNuLGKamA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

That's the place.it looks reasonably modest there. It's far from modest in real life. It's been a few months since I was down there but it's a very substantial house.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Is this it?

That sign beside the van is taking the p*ss altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

The truth is that traveller "society" is a failure, not because of settled people, racism etc. The fundamental problem is that traveller culture has devolved into an unfixable crimeridden mess.
    They do not want to change their culture, and expect others to tolerate and accommodate their anti-social and criminal behaviour. They have become socially incompatible by their own design, not because of racism from the settled community, but by their own disdain and hostility towards us.
    They believe settled people are out to "get" them, when in fact we are simply exhausted by them, exhausted by the social pathologies, the violence and criminality, the endless complaints, the blind tribal solidarity, the bottomless pit of griveiances, the excuses, and the reflexive animosity to authority, while demanding the authorities fund their existence and provide free services and welfare from cradle to grave.

Is this it?

Yes looks it alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

That's the place.it looks reasonably modest there. It's far from modest in real life. It's been a few months since I was down there but it's a very substantial house.
    It's a 7 bedroom house. Imagine having that specially built for you and not having to pay a cent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

El_Bee wrote: »
    The truth is that traveller "society" is a failure, not because of settled people, racism etc. The fundamental problem is that traveller culture has devolved into an unfixable crimeridden mess.
    They do not want to change their culture, and expect others to tolerate and accommodate their anti-social and criminal behaviour. They have become socially incompatible by their own design, not because of racism from the settled community, but by their own disdain and hostility towards us.
    They believe settled people are out to "get" them, when in fact we are simply exhausted by them, exhausted by the social pathologies, the violence and criminality, the endless complaints, the blind tribal solidarity, the bottomless pit of griveiances, the excuses, and the reflexive animosity to authority, while demanding the authorities fund their existence and provide free services and welfare from cradle to grave.
    They know fine well that settled people aren't out to get them, they just play the racism card to maintain their social welfare gravy train. They can claim unemployment without having to go through the same rigmrole as regular people who are put on the JobPath scheme and hounded into getting a job. I wonder how many Travellers have been referred to Seetec and told they either attend or get their benefits cut?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,815 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Here's me looking into the cheapest options to build my own little 'hut' at the back of the parents house, because I will never again be able to afford a mortgage and will be paying off the last one for the next 10 years. I'm looking at containers and those wood huts, but all still well outside of my budget.

But, if I manage to get a caravan, can I just park up wherever I want and when asked to move demand a €400k house? Seems to be how it works. The gall of these people.

No need. They are cute enough and know who not to cross. The kid will probably get a hiding and told to steer clear. Not exactly solving the problem though. I kinda feel sorry for the kid though. No fcukin chance in life.
    The way he was trying to incite you with his cheek isnt on. I cant stand him.

Here's me looking into the cheapest options to build my own little 'hut' at the back of the parents house, because I will never again be able to afford a mortgage and will be paying off the last one for the next 10 years. I'm looking at containers and those wood huts, but all still well outside of my budget.

But, if I manage to get a caravan, can I just park up wherever I want and when asked to move demand a €400k house? Seems to be how it works. The gall of these people.

As I've already said. 400 k is probably only the material costs,not land labour, service etc,etc. Real costs are probably in excess of 700k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

As I've already said. 400 k is probably only the material costs,not land labour, service etc,etc. Real costs are probably in excess of 700k

Look at them lovely stone walls and railings....

I would give my right arm for them....

I would love to see the inner and outer finish on the palace....

Rumours doing the rounds even since early on in the last thread is about the €1m mark and it makes a holy joke of the thing in Tipperary.

That sign beside the van is taking the p*ss altogether.

Its in a tourist area so jarveys probably tour around there.

Rumours doing the rounds even since early on in the last thread is about the €1m mark and it makes a holy joke of the thing in Tipperary.

I heard those rumours also

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

At least they will contribute by paying property tax.......

Its in a tourist area so jarveys probably tour around there.

No Jarveys in Tralee.

No Jarveys in Tralee.

Thanks for that. I thought that they were all around Kerry.

Shameful and ****ing disgraceful. When I think of the lenghts I've gone to and still go to just to be able to keep a roof over my head. And the many more that have left family behind to make a living abroad. Many of whom will probably never come back.

But sure. Culture boss must be placed above all else.

https://www.pressreader.com/ireland/the-kerryman-tralee-edition/20180607/281492162010669

Thanks for that. I thought that they were all around Kerry.

Just Killarney I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

El_Bee wrote: »
    At least they will contribute by paying property tax.......

Oh no they won’t !! They pay for nothing. Robbing and threatening the elderly is their currency ... wasteful shower

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement