Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'what have some travellers somewhere done this time? thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Oxter

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    O mahony seems convinced that this is behind the high imprisonment rates

If you can't trust a liberal from the world of broadcasting, who can you trust

Google 'Traveller Gang jailed'.
    There is good reason for the high inprisonment rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Edgware wrote: »
    So should the guards not bother chasing down these criminals because it would upset Mr O Mahony

I can only assume o mahony is opposed to the investigation of traveller crime

Vincent browne certainly was

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Charles is trolling, they come on every so often to try get these threads shut down.

A scum bag is a scum bag no matter what background or ethnicity or colour or religion or not....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Which facts?
    Look all over the world, indigenous and marginalized people are over represented in prisons.

Of course they are, if they commit crimes and are criminals, they go to prison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Which facts?
    Look all over the world, indigenous and marginalized people are over represented in prisons.
    Travellers are not indigenous to Ireland. Irish people are the indigenous population and have been living on this island for approx 8,000 years before Travellers showed up 400 years ago. Travellers are in prison because they live a life of social welfare dependance which they supplement with crime. They are not a downtrodden, oppressed minority. They are a section of society who do not want to live by laws and taxes. They want to do whatever they please and they get away with more sh!t than any other section. They are also the most racist people in Ireland, which makes their cries of racism pretty pathetic.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Travellers are not indigenous to Ireland. Irish people are the indigenous population and have been living on this island for approx 8,000 years before Travellers showed up 400 years ago. Travellers are in prison because they live a life of social welfare dependance which they supplement with crime. They are not a downtrodden, oppressed minority. They are a section of society who do not want to live by laws and taxes. They want to do whatever they please and they get away with more sh!t than any other section. They are also the most racist people in Ireland, which makes their cries of racism pretty pathetic.

I said they were marginalised not indigenous

So would anybody who relies on a social welfare payment, what's your point other than belittling travelers

Wrong.....

They would just steal even more...

Travelers are Irishmen too

Charles

Are you a traveller?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

Oxter wrote: »
    Charles

Are you a traveller?

Wouldn't matter either way,my opinion would be the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I said they were marginalised not indigenous
    Choosing to live outside the rules of society is not the same as being marginalised. They want all the benefits of society without the responsibilities. Cry me a river.

• Advertisement

Charles is so funny.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Why are so many people falling for an obvious WUM??

pinkyeye wrote: »
    Why are so many people falling for an obvious WUM??

A thread he started in Legal Discussion explains a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Listening to News at 1. Paul Reynolds was talking about a Garda crackdown on " roving criminals".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,523 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

sligojoek wrote: »
    Listening to News at 1. Paul Reynolds was talking about a Garda crackdown on " roving criminals".

Careful now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭jelutong

Does "roving" mean,between jobs?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,092 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

dd973 wrote: »
    Not being contrarian but needed work done to my house, brick repointing, chimney capping, guttering, etc, bloke came round to do the job, his origins only sank in after mulling over his accent, surname and connection to a large Midlands town, anyway, him and his colleagues were perfect gentlemen, didn't overcharge and did a sterling job. They can't all be the spawn of Satan.

He he he.
    I wonder was the capping a bit like that filmed by that British TV program about dodgy tradesmen where a traveller "gentleman" was filmed actually painting the capping with very watery concrete.

Looks great when it is done, but about as useful as a chocolate teapot.
    Your experience is the same interactions people have everyday with 99% of Travelers.
    For some reason people use the bad apple's or the 1% of Travelers to discredit all Travelers

By god those 1% must be very very busy if they manage to cause all the fights at funerals/weddings, cause all the mayhem in pubs, leave all the cr** at illegal encampments, cause all the thefts, carry out all the bogus accidents, carry out all the illegal highly dangerous sulky races on national roads and manage to pi** off the vast majority of the population.

And who said travellers aren't hard working. :D
    Edgware wrote: »
    So should the guards not bother chasing down these criminals because it would upset Mr O Mahony

Well the guards do have form in this.
    People should remember how many outstanding arrest warrants Frog Ward had when he finally met justice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

RTE are spineless.

They hide the criminality committed by the various groups that are adored by the Liberal Left.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Kivaro wrote: »
    RTE are spineless.

They hide the criminality committed by the various groups that are adored by the Liberal Left.

Newspapers usually don't mention travellers, but they leave in words and phrases like "family feud", "several slash hooks recovered", "Ward" or "it started at a childs communion party" so we know what's actually going on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,836 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

The Pratts. Lovely people. I've personal experience there.
    “They all live beside each other and there was an argument over a horse that got overheated".

I wonder how the horse got overheated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

The Pratts. Lovely people. I've personal experience there.

I wonder how the horse got overheated.

Obviously standing too close to the burning cable pile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

119 previous convictions between them and they got a suspended sentence. Why ?

They should have all been thrown in jail - why is this type of behaviour constantly tolerated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,785 ✭✭✭Odelay

They should have all been thrown in jail - why is this type of behaviour constantly tolerated.

Was doing the same sums myself. Fooking shocking. And here’s me with zero convictions paying for it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

I personally have no problem with them beating lumps out of each other

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/woman-challenges-suspension-from-housing-list-after-she-twice-refused-reasonable-offers-38106761.html

Another legal case at enormous expenses for a traveller paid for by the tax payer.
    What percentage of the states free legal aid is spent on travellers ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

pablo128 wrote: »
    I personally have no problem with them beating lumps out of each other

I'm all on for facilitating them partake of their cultural proclivities where possible. Would it not be bigotry to prevent them practising their norms?

Don't forget the legal profession such as judges are more then delighted to keep things turning as they give work to the solicitors and barristers that they themselves once were.

The whole system from the top down needs sorting.

White collar crime is another huge issue needs dealing....

I work hard and do it all by the letter of the law but these scum bags don't have to.

I see in Shankill near the Dart station where they had set up beside a fairly newish housing estate they have been moved on a huge concrete Lego blocks are in their place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Kivaro wrote: »
    RTE are spineless.

Nothing spineless about it, the concealment is very deliberate

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement