Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Regular Season Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

And they also have this in their portfolio for the year.....

https://twitter.com/Deadseriousness/status/1158913734003363843

• Registered Users Posts: 12,996 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

Greg Holland DFA'd by the Diamondbacks. Ok, his recent form has been fairly shocking but if I was the Mets I'd be taken a punt on him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

ShyMets wrote: »
    Greg Holland DFA'd by the Diamondbacks. Ok, his recent form has been fairly shocking but if I was the Mets I'd be taken a punt on him

.... I see the Mets owners logic is seeping into the fanbase ....

It seems they've gone for the Brad Brach route instead. Didn't know much about him to be honest but apparently he was good with the Braves last season but God awful with the Cubs this season ands was a free agent for a reason.

• Advertisement

Gosh, this is fun. Wouldn't want to be Sean Doolittle this morning.

E-mails from US friends: "Believe!" "Book a trip for the playoffs!" "Best bat flip since Joey Bats!" (whose rotting corpse was a Met for a little while as I recall.)

Herself (long suffering wife of a Mets fan): "They do it to break your heart." "What happened in 2015? 2016?"

Still, it is fun. And not even Mid-August.

And more from your 2019 Baltimore Orioles (although they did go on to win this game - with Verlander pitching no less!!)

https://twitter.com/ConnorNewcomb_/status/1160651681148915712?s=20

Important win for the Nats last night after throwing away two against the Mets.

Win our couple of games in hand and could be only 4 back on the Braves.

Important win for the Nats last night after throwing away two against the Mets.

Win our couple of games in hand and could be only 4 back on the Braves.

Setting up to be a great last 2 months in the NL WC race. 7 teams within 3.5 games and another 2 only a couple further back.

As a Dodgers fan, I imagine this how Patriot fans feel during the regular season most years.
    Just waiting for the Playoffs.

Tight divisions are much more exciting.
    Generally, if the Dodgers lose a game, I'm terrified to see how the other games went. This season, not so much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

As a Red Sox fan this is just weird. You have to go back to 2011 to have a season that the team didn't finish either first or last in the AL East standings.

They'll do neither this year

Setting up to be a great last 2 months in the NL WC race. 7 teams within 3.5 games and another 2 only a couple further back.

Yep for sure. I think for once we actually addressed the bullpen issues, will take time for everyone to settle in but I'm happy with what we have at the minute.

Yep for sure. I think for once we actually addressed the bullpen issues, will take time for everyone to settle in but I'm happy with what we have at the minute.

Doolittle as closer must scare you though. Another 2 runs last night. We’re in the same boat with Diaz although it looks like Lugo is taking over that role going forward.

Doolittle as closer must scare you though. Another 2 runs last night. We’re in the same boat with Diaz although it looks like Lugo is taking over that role going forward.

No not really, closers sometimes go through that , I like him generally. Always competes and has good stuff. I think though he was over used for the majority of this season. A little rest and he'll be fine. We have other genuine options as well now which makes a difference.

Also Diaz was so good last season cant understand whats happening there. Our bull pen did gift you two over that last series though, that in itself is a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

8-10 wrote: »
    As a Red Sox fan this is just weird. You have to go back to 2011 to have a season that the team didn't finish either first or last in the AL East standings.

They'll do neither this year

Play well for 4-7 games and then play terrible for 3-5 games and repeat on loop for the season. So frustrating although things might improve if eovaldi returns to the rotation

For a team a million games above .500, the Yankees are a very angry bunch. Every day there seems to be players/managers getting ejected. 3 kicked out today.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

The umps were very quick on the trigger. Home plate went looking for a reaction from the bench staring them out of it.

What Gardy is doing isn't against any rules but the league are going to have to come out with some clarification.

The crew chiefs answer to the pool reporters questions is what's wrong with these situations. They can just deflect everything and not give an answer.

https://twitter.com/bryanhoch/status/1162831207865995267?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Chris Sale is done for the season and likely Red Sox are too.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭rebelyell99

The Nats put up another 13 runs last night in Pittsburgh, that's now 62 runs in the last 5 games.If they make it to October which I think they will they could be very dangerous if max and Scherzer are healthy.

Chris Sale is done for the season and likely Red Sox are too.

At least it’s not TJ or he’d be gone for next year too. It’s never good when you see the words Doctor James Andrews in a story about a pitcher but he seems to have dodged that bullet.

• Advertisement

The Nats put up another 13 runs last night in Pittsburgh, that's now 62 runs in the last 5 games.If they make it to October which I think they will they could be very dangerous if max and Scherzer are healthy.

Bats certainly on fire at the moment but in October it’s going to come down to bullpens for all teams and even though they added a few pieces, theirs still isn’t great. But a lot of other contending teams have dodgy bullpens too so it could come down to whoever sorts theirs out best.

At least it’s not TJ or he’d be gone for next year too. It’s never good when you see the words Doctor James Andrews in a story about a pitcher but he seems to have dodged that bullet.

On the Dan LeBatard radio show today they jokingly asked the question "is visiting James Andrews and avoiding surgery more impressive than pitching a perfect game?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

Robert Gsellman Diagnosed With Partial Lat Tear and most likely done for the season. A saucer has more depth then the Mets Bullpen

Robert Gsellman Diagnosed With Partial Lat Tear and most likely done for the season. A saucer has more depth then the Mets Bullpen

On the bright side, it seems that Jed Lowrie is a real person and does exist. He played a rehab game for St.Lucie last night.

Explains his inconsistency this year. Damn but these guys are fragile. Not like they've just lost Cy Young.

Ex-Mets Octavio Dotel and Luis "I got it! I got it! oops!" Castillo arrested for drug trafficking in the Dominican.

kmart6 wrote: »

The accuracy of umpire calls would be increased significantly if they just got rid of Angel Hernandez.

Well as the article states he isn't the worst of them.

kmart6 wrote: »
    Well as the article states he isn't the worst of them.

Probably not, it just seems he's been making errors for much longer

• Advertisement

Advertisement