Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Regular Season Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

The only thing that can stop the Yankees winning the world series this year is injuries imo.There lineup is so stacked and you imagine they will add to it ,be interesting to see if they can grab max from Washington or even get Bungarner.Sabathia and Happ wont cut it in the postseason.

Think its a bit early but they've certainly got a scary line up. Mind you I would still fancy the Astros to get past them in a playoff scenario.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Think its a bit early but they've certainly got a scary line up. Mind you I would still fancy the Astros to get past them in a playoff scenario.

Stanton back on the IL now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Oof Diaz had another mare today - giving up 5 runs on 3 hits including the walk off homer to also-former Seattle Mariner Jean Segura. Feeling more and more like Mariners won that trade.

Oof Diaz had another mare today - giving up 5 runs on 3 hits including the walk off homer to also-former Seattle Mariner Jean Segura. Feeling more and more like Mariners won that trade.

Certainly looks that way. Even dumping the carcass of Robinson Cano meant Seattle we’re doing well but the fact that they got 2 genuine prospects makes it look like the steal of the century.

Going to be a million home runs in this London Series. Only 330ft to each foul pole and 385ft to centre. Throw a juiced ball into the mix and they're going to be flying out of there.

(watch now as 0 HRs are hit)

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Salt Lake Stallion

Wish I knew about these London games sooner, really would've liked to get over to it, only found out today.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,328 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Wish I knew about these London games sooner, really would've liked to get over to it, only found out today.

Prices were ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Going to be a million home runs in this London Series. Only 330ft to each foul pole and 385ft to centre. Throw a juiced ball into the mix and they're going to be flying out of there.

(watch now as 0 HRs are hit)
    MLB would probably like that as high scoring back and forth game with lots of home runs as it will be more exciting for the casuals. Having been in that stadium for athletics it will be interesting to see how it looks for baseball...

Coeus wrote: »
    MLB would probably like that as high scoring back and forth game with lots of home runs as it will be more exciting for the casuals. Having been in that stadium for athletics it will be interesting to see how it looks for baseball...

That seems to be the way things are going with baseball generally unfortunately. Manfred and co. seem quite happy with all the HRs. Not a fan of it myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭rebelyell99

Great to see a full stadium in London.Is there going to be a game there next year aswell ? Or are they just testing the market.I doubt it will catch on like the NFL though .

Great to see a full stadium in London.Is there going to be a game there next year aswell ? Or are they just testing the market.I doubt it will catch on like the NFL though .

Yep, Cardinals and Cubs are over next year.

Awful stuff from Boston so far. Down 6-0 in the first and still only 1 out. Porcello done already.

That seems to be the way things are going with baseball generally unfortunately. Manfred and co. seem quite happy with all the HRs. Not a fan of it myself.
    It's looking like a hitters ball park alright. Homer number 1, Porcello already chased and it's still the top of the first...

It's looking like a hitters ball park alright. Homer number 1, Porcello already chased and it's still the top of the first...

Not the best advertisement for the game if it’s over as a contest this early. Although we haven’t seen Boston bat yet I suppose.

Don’t know if it was mentioned earlier in the broadcast but I’ve just noticed both sides are wearing their whites. Must be fairly rare.

FFS, 6-6, they've been playing for nearly an hour and we're still in the first. Tanaka yanked now too.

Don’t know if it was mentioned earlier in the broadcast but I’ve just noticed both sides are wearing their whites. Must be fairly rare.
    Aren't the Red Sox supposed to be the home side in this series?

Okay this game is competitive again but we are nearly an hour in and still in the first inning :eek:

Aren't the Red Sox supposed to be the home side in this series?

Okay this game is competitive again but we are nearly an hour in and still in the first inning :eek:

Yeah, RS are the home team so Yankees should in theory be wearing their greys. Maybe because of the International element of the series they were allowed wear their famous pinstripes.

Good to see that this traditional travelled.

https://twitter.com/Joelsherman1/status/1145014931944869889

• Advertisement

This game is just too long ,the stadium will be mostly empty by the end.

This game is just too long ,the stadium will be mostly empty by the end.

Not a good spectacle at all. Game won't be over by midnight at this rate.

I'm switching over to watch another Mets debacle instead.

Not a good spectacle at all. Game won't be over by midnight at this rate.

I'm switching over to watch another Mets debacle instead.
    This...gonna be 5 hours minimum especially if the Red Sox start throwing a few position players out as pitchers now that the game is gone...

https://twitter.com/mlbonfox/status/1145087852868280321?s=21

Hopefully we’ll get a more realistic game tomorrow.

There might be some actual pitching tomorrow.. 5 hour games isn't gonna get people over here interested in the game.

I haven't seen much of Boston these season but going ion the past 2 games, they're very sluggish on defence (not Mets bad, but bad enough).

They've had chances to turn two double plays here already today and they were just sloppy and slow and didn't turn either.

More realistic game today.Looking like a long one again though top of the 7th almost 3 hours in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Salt Lake Stallion

I have to hand it to Darren Fletcher, doing a great job of commentating on BT sports, really knows his stuff. Very interesting to hear a British commentator for baseball, one of my favourite soccer commentators so maybe I'm a bit biased.

Advertisement