Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Men Bashing and Women Saluting

Options
  • 19-03-2019 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Two lovely articles popped up in my newsfeed today and I’m thinking what an absolute pile of ****e. It would be nice to document the constant man bashing in a thread [Please add other men bashing articles below!]. We might be able to talk about it on International Mens day in November, If we are permitted. Oh hang on we don’t need a day to celebrate that, every day is great waking up as a man!

We’re all equal though which is great, except If a man tried to write an article like those that follow about how he had to prompt his wife to do some hoovering he’d be cut down so fast his head would spin.

No.1 is “My Husband will carry out instructions but why must I ask in the first place” where Geraldine Walsh describes the mental anguish of having to remember everything and that her obedient husband will do what he’s told when she tells him. It’s onviously not enough as you will read. Link

No.2 is “Im told I’m lucky because my husband pulls his weight” where Jen Hogan describes how it’s nice to have her ‘Rare Diamond’ of a husband around the house for the last 20 years with her 7 children as she’s grown accustomed to him. But he wouldn’t be looking for the missing runner at 11pm of a night because the poor dope wouldn’t even know that PE is on tomorrow unless she told him! Sure he can’t even dress the kids properly after 17 years. Link

Both worth a read, really! Enjoy! Any opinions welcome! From both men and women. We’re all equal ain’t we!

What I don’t like is there seems to be a constant battle on from the women’s side to bash down the poor dopes of men for any reason. And what is occurring to me is that either men don’t care or are afraid to react for fear of retribution? One thing is becoming abundantly clear, there is no man even in the ring while the women’s feet are planted squarely in their corner for this battle we’re not invited to take part in.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

You spent far too long typing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

I agree with you, but I think it's seen as un-manly to complain about this stuff, whereas women are encouraged and praised for complaining.
    I overheard a woman the other day talking about this film in the cinema, its a film about a woman who battled for women's rights. I personally am very bored hearing women talk about their rights, they have more advantages than I do.

In fact when I was at university (where every class had more women in it than men), the school computers were advertising female only scholarships. Those poor women weren't getting a fair chance even though there were fewer men attending?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭CPTM

Grayson wrote: »

Typical "man" thing to do.

"It suffocates us in a way, because the pressure to be the one who knows, remembers, and sees everything that needs to be done is overbearing."

Geraldine Walsh deciding that only she can inherit the burden, and simultaneously complain that women are having to shoulder the responsibility. A poor pitiful me exercise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Women give out over anything. Men just can’t be arsed and do what they need to do. Also with a haircut like that with the first author I’d say she is offended over the slightest thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,764 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Can we have a Dole thread instead? They're less complicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Minivan

I’d say the women spent a lot longer on their bile, sorry articles! I can do 90 wpm 😛

• Registered Users Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Here's an article about the division of labour in most homes. And surprise, women do more. Even when they're the main breadwinner. Plus women keep mental track of more stuff. They're the ones who remember that milk is needed or that the kid has an excursion. So they do quite often feel grateful when a man helps more.

https://www.theguardian.com/inequality/2018/feb/16/guilt-over-household-chores-is-harming-working-womens-health-housework

However it is a bit more nuanced than that. A lot of women feel that their partner wouldn't do it as well (That's mentioned in the article too).

And if you can't be bothered reading the article, here's a comic for you.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/may/26/gender-wars-household-chores-comic

Now what we could take from all this is that both partners should be aware of the burden the other is having and either call it out if the other is to blame, or step up to help if they are to blame.

However, this is after hours, so let's pretend that we're all irrational idiots and scream at each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭orourkeda1977

I had a pizza and a few pints.

You like that ladies?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,492 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Having seven children used to be a sign of poverty and a lack of education, now its a status indicator.

Both of these women are living in cloud cuckoo land. Back in the real world the rest of us are dividing housework, child minding and school runs evenly.

It's funny how all these put upon modern feminists are well heeled journalists living in affluent areas. Poor them, life must be a real struggle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭Ardent

If vibrators could mow the lawn, there'd be no need for men.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Maybe women should date men who are capable of doing their share instead of marrying them and then complaining

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Here's an article about the division of labour in most homes. And surprise, women do more. Even when they're the main breadwinner. Plus women keep mental track of more stuff. They're the ones who remember that milk is needed or that the kid has an excursion. So they do quite often feel grateful when a man helps more.

https://www.theguardian.com/inequality/2018/feb/16/guilt-over-household-chores-is-harming-working-womens-health-housework

However it is a bit more nuanced than that. A lot of women feel that their partner wouldn't do it as well (That's mentioned in the article too).

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/may/26/gender-wars-household-chores-comic

Now what we could take from all this is that both partners should be aware of the burden the other is having and either call it out if the other is to blame, or step up to help if they are to blame.

However, this is after hours, so let's pretend that we're all irrational idiots and scream at each other.

That comic struck quite a chord with me. Pretty much sums up my situation and partner. Cheers for linking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

male-privilege-is-wearing-the-same-outfit-multiple-times-to-37423455.png

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Minivan

Roen wrote: »
    That comic struck quite a chord with me. Pretty much sums up my situation and partner. Cheers for linking it.

Ye it was nice of that woman Emma to do the comic so us stupid men can understand.

Just to say that if my boyfriend didn't buy things like toilet roll and washing up liquid or remember to water the plants or that we'll change the sheets today, they would never get done. Id be quite happy to float along in my own little world.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

I recently read an article about how God purposely made womens feet smaller so that they can get closer to the kitchen sink.. Like I know God was a man(obviously)but I just thought waaaaow that was great forward thinking.. BRILLIANT JUST BRILLIANT.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

White western women are the most privileged class of people in history. Good looking ones in particular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

Can we stop the world and just rewind to a time before this ****?

When men were men and women were women and we all just got along grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

The thing is, women choose to care about things that men don't care about.
    And then they complain when men don't do them.
    Complaining should be banned!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

That article seems to suggest that women are much happier in the traditional role of were men are out working and women look after the home.

Also using not being paid to do house hold chores as part of the gender pay gap is pretty disingenuous and shows their biases.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

nullzero wrote: »
    Having seven children used to be a sign of poverty and a lack of education, now its a status indicator.

Both of these women are living in cloud cuckoo land. Back in the real world the rest of us are dividing housework, child minding and school runs evenly.

It's funny how all these put upon modern feminists are well heeled journalists living in affluent areas. Poor them, life must be a real struggle.

What kind of irresponsible selfish evil cunt has 7 kids in 2019 anyway ?
    Don't they know there is 7+ BILLION people on the planet and this type of ****e is totally unsustainable ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,492 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Don't they know there is 7+ BILLION people on the planet and this type of ****e is totally unsustainable ?

The type of cvnts who drive them around in two Range Rovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

The ones whose offsprings will be paying taxes, and working, in the service of the childless ones when the latter get to ancient old age.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

I’d like to hear what Gillette have to say about this, not feeling particularly woke today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Seven children once a sign of poverty and now a sign of status? Would have thought it's still a sign of poverty - or welfare dependence. The more "social status" a family has, the fewer children there seem to be.
    Omackeral wrote: »
    male-privilege-is-wearing-the-same-outfit-multiple-times-to-37423455.png
    This! Or there aren't even negative comments, apart from in her head.
    Sheeps wrote: »
    White western women are the most privileged class of people in history. Good looking ones in particular.
    Don't know about "in history".

Anyone, I agree OP - cannot abide that anti men stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Ya know what I'd love? For every man in the world to just down tools for 1 day, there's a whole unseen world of blocked sewers, garbage to be got rid of, hard manual labour that women never see or want anything to do with..

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Tacklebox

Men are great.

Men are strong.

Men are rugged.

Men are handsome.

Men are hunters.

Men are father's.

Men are kind.

Men are fast.

Men are funny.

Men are skillful.

Men are resourceful.

Men have options.

Men are loveable.

Men can hold it together.

Men are not useless.

Men love sheds.

Men are men.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Yeah, this drivel is really nothing new. Men have always since time immemorial been betrayed as essentially useless apes when it comes to domestic matters.

Without a doubt some men are. Many are not.

I've lived with women who were total slobs in houseshares; genuinely by times it was disgusting.

In this ever more tedious 'woke' environment ****e like this is popular because it's what's in. It's 'current'. And strap yourselfs in lads cos it's here to stay.

Unpopular opinion I'm sure but if you're a stay at home mother, which this pair seem to be, then the running of the house is, essentially, up to you.

If I was the sole earner in a household like that, of which there is nothing wrong with by the way and often a necessity because childcare is through the roof, I really couldn't give less of a **** at the end of my day what cycle the washing machine is on.

They're lucky lads alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Mrsmum

Ya know what I'd love? For every man in the world to just down tools for 1 day, there's a whole unseen world of blocked sewers, garbage to be got rid of, hard manual labour that women never see or want anything to do with..

Hmmm, I think I've see my husband getting out the rods to unblock drains about twice in twenty five years, the bins go out once a week, like five minutes work once a week, often put out by me and he, like lots of men, doesn't do any manual work. So I would hope he would do a little bit more than above list.

Advertisement