Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Senior Hurling (Liam Mccarthy Cup) 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Comerman

slegs wrote: »
    Never thought Kilkenny fans were ones for sour grapes but this one obviously has hurt deep

Go back and read other posts, not a sour grape here. Best team won but the first card of the day shouldn't of been a straight red. Well done to Tipp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

marvin80 wrote: »
    Tyrell looked like an idiot with his view - it was very satisfying.

That says more about you than him sadly! One of the most decorated players in the history of hurling.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

holyhead wrote: »
    Facilitated by a sending off.

Still a hammering. Record books won’t have an asterisk beside the scoreline.

It was also facilitated by poor second half Kilkenny tactics.

Still a hammering. Record books won’t have an asterisk beside the scoreline.

People have long memories!

Seadin wrote: »
    I find it strange that kilkenny fans are surprised to get to a final. They always get there even with less talented teams through the decades. I cant see Cody staying on. He's been highly successful with kilkenny but i think he isn't going to win another All Ireland with Kilkenny. I don't say that as an insult i just dont think he cant get anymore out of this panel of players.

Your expectations in any year depends on the strength of the panel

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Hawkeye9212

Comerman wrote: »
    Go back nobby and read other posts, not a sour grape here. Best team won but the first card of the day shouldn't of been a straight red. Well done to Tipp.

It was a straight red.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

marvin80 wrote: »
    Tyrell looked like an idiot with his view - it was very satisfying.

Henry Shefflin also at half time today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Neutral here, anyone who thinks it wasn't a straight red needs their head checked. It's one of the most straight forward red cards you could ever see. Bad weather, the fact that it's an all ireland final etc. do not change the rules of the game.

It was a straight red.

As I've said and so was the slap into the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

That says more about you than him sadly! One of the most decorated players in the history of hurling.

So you have a referee, former players, current players, former managers all saying it was a red and Tyrell says it wasn't while getting a few cheap digs in at Tipp and you think he didn't look stupid?

What he's won in the past is irrelevant to him making himself look stupid and naive.

• Advertisement

Henry Shefflin also at half time today.

Henry was making no sense. On one hand he was saying by the letter of the law it was a red but because hogan was his ex teammate well he shouldn’t get sent off!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,982 ✭✭✭threeball

threeball wrote: »
    You wouldn't think it with the amount of moaning going on. It wasn't even a close game. It was a hammering.

Facilitated by a sending off.

Richie Hogan in his prime wasn't worth 12pts never mind the current version. If you think that the game turned to that degree on the sending off you either can't objectively analyse the game or you're deluded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Seadin

You have no choice only to accept that ye haven't been good enough to win.

You should also accept that ye haven't been good enough that you can afford to be sniping at anyone else, let alone a county that has won EIGHT :eek: in the meantime.

:D

That was a class kk team in those 8 years. Fantastic achievement but thats history now. Today is Tipps day and they are also a super team. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Pigeon Chaser

Kilkenny poster here.

Can all kilkenny people on this thread please take a deep breath, review what you are posting before hitting submit and try not to embarrass ourselves.

We were beaten by a better team today. At the match, in real time I thought Hogan was hard done by. Looking at the replays it was the correct decision.

Well done Tipp. Ye were tuned in today and handled your numerical advantage to perfection. Even 15 v 15 you would have had our measure as we were carrying about 5 or 6 passengers who didn't perform.

It's difficult to be beaten so comprehensively. However, it is important to be gracious in defeat as I like to think we are in victory. Despite how it ended the year has been a success.

Still bloody hate Tipp though...

Richie Hogan in his prime wasn't worth 12pts never mind the current version. If you think that the game turned to that degree on the sending off you either can't objectively analyse the game or you're deluded.

My Jazus, some players don't need to score to have an impact on a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

Seadin wrote: »
    That was a class kk team in those 8 years. Fantastic achievement but thats history now. Today is Tipps day and they are also a super team. :D

Indeed they are.

I think Tipp would have won but sending off did make it easier and Kilkenny weren’t able to adapt their game plan in second half. Never retained possession through the lines but pucking Hail Marys into a Tipp defence with extra men.

Richie Hogan’s red card was the wrong call and it ruined the All Ireland Hurling final.

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/4455075/babs-keating-richie-hogan-red-card-all-ireland/

Babs Keating, take a bow !

• Registered Users Posts: 39 shanboghted

If that's a red then technically there's 3/4 reds a game touching playere in the head ! Barrett knew well what he was at

• Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Neutral here, anyone who thinks it wasn't a straight red needs their head checked. It's one of the most straight forward red cards you could ever see. Bad weather, the fact that it's an all ireland final etc. do not change the rules of the game.

As an Offaly man I am disappointed that Micheal Duignan mentioned the weather in relation to the sending off.

• Advertisement

Tipperary scoring all them goals and points also ruined the game, shame on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Seadin

Why did kk keep hitting high ball down on the Tipp backs. That clearly wasnt working but they kept doing it. Surprised Cody didnt do something about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Tipperary scoring all them goals and points also ruined the game, shame on them.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,982 ✭✭✭threeball

Comerman wrote: »

My Jazus, some players don't need to score to have an impact on a game.

I didn't say score 12pts. No one player is going to change a game from a hammering to a close run thing. Just accept your beating. My own county were completely flat last year, ended up losing by a point and we did 10 times less bitching than I've seen on this thread so far. Take your beating and give tipp their due.

True. You clearly know more about hurling than the average Sligo man.

But did you know, and this is what tickled me - Babs is a Tipperary legend, and former manager.

;)

But did you know, and this is what tickled me - Babs is a Tipperary legend, and former manager.

;)
    I knew, it was a joke obviously. I never understood this "ruining the game" talk though.

I didn't say score 12pts. No one player is going to change a game from a hammering to a close run thing. Just accept your beating. My own county were completely flat last year, ended up losing by a point and we did 10 times less bitching than I've seen on this thread so far. Take your beating and give tipp their due.
    Go back and read three balls, I accepted the better team won from the start. And as I said WELL DONE TIPP.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

It was a dreadful final in many respects.

I thought we had a game on in the first 20 mins when KK choked the Tipp half forward line.

But once Tipp found their groove you knew there was only going to be one winner. A total blitzkrieg in the second half.

;)
    Oh, and didn't you know that Sligo is a hurling county? 2019 Nicky Rackard Cup champions! :)

• Advertisement

Oh, and didn't you know that Sligo is a hurling county? 2019 Nicky Rackard Cup champions! :)

I did indeed. And congratulations.

Advertisement