Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Senior Hurling (Liam Mccarthy Cup) 2019

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

marvin80 wrote: »
    I'm a Tipp fan and feel it spoiled the occasion as well but Hogan struck a player across the face and that's a red card offence.

I wouldn't worry about winning back to back titles, time to celebrate this one.

Congrats on your victory but to be taken seriously as a great side and in pursuit of local immortality you need to win back to back all ireland's.

Nobody is answering how Richie got a bloody nose with a helmet on!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,210 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

The Sunday game team of the year spread out amongst 5 teams - a bit more variety than normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Seadin

Comerman wrote: »
    Enjoy yere one in a row.

Im sure they will. Its been four years in a row now since Kilkenny have enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,005 ✭✭✭threeball

holyhead wrote: »
    marvin80 wrote: »
    I'm a Tipp fan and feel it spoiled the occasion as well but Hogan struck a player across the face and that's a red card offence.

I wouldn't worry about winning back to back titles, time to celebrate this one.

Congrats on your victory but to be taken seriously as a great side and in pursuit of local immortality you need to win back to back all ireland's.

Jeez the cats are sour about this one. I doubt they give a crap about great teams tonight. They were the best in 2019 anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Comerman

Sure that's nothing twas only a swipe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭slegs

blackcard wrote: »
    Sideline should have been to Kilkenny

Christ I’ve heard it all now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Retaliation or not, Hogan deserved a straight red. No question. Did Barrett milk it? Oh yes. He knew what he was at. The ref very nearly bottled the decision too. Playacting is not a nice thing to see in a hurling match but so be it. I think Tipp would have won anyway. All 4 of their subs scored which is impressive.

I'd say Limerick are kicking themselves. I think they would have beaten Tipp.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,232 ✭✭✭tanko

Was there many tickets for sale around Croke Park today, was it possible to pick up a ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭False Prophet

RMAOK wrote: »
    The Sunday game team of the year spread out amongst 5 teams - a bit more variety than normal.

Like the panel....
    I'm not a fan of current players being on sunday game , waste of time having them on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Don't worry any Tipp team that wins an All-Ireland gets immortality in the most important place and that's Tipperary.

Richie got a slap from Barrett apparently. The ref should have taken action. Callanan should have gotten a penalty as well. Neither happened - not much you can do about it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

Seadin wrote: »
    Im sure they will. Its been four years in a row now since Kilkenny have enjoyed it.

Could be worse.

Could be fourteen years.

Couldn't it ?

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Would you consider it inconsistent to give a red for one, but not a yellow for the other ?

Would you consider it material if the player who should have been given the yellow could already have had at least another one ? - there's an obvious consequence to that.

I agree with you there when your talking about the specifics of the card issue,but as I already eluded to earlier Hogan did himself no favours ,going in fast and catching Barret on the chin with his elbow

slegs wrote: »

If you were following this thread more assiduously, you would have heard it at the time. Discussed here at length.

Get up to speed, eh ?

threeball wrote: »
    Jeez the cats are sour about this one. I doubt they give a crap about great teams tonight. They were the best in 2019 anyway.

I would disagree with the sour. We were surprised to find ourselves in the final so in a sense it's been a good year for us. We clearly view the sending off as contentious. Tipp see it otherwise I expect. I expect Sheedy does give a hoot about great teams. He has the honour of being a multiple winning manager and a back to back would elevate his status in Tipp and nationally.

The KK lads should all head up from the hotel, get the keys to croker, let Richie take the sideline and play it out as it should have happened. Right the wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Hawkeye9212

I addressed that incident.

I addressed that incident.

If so I haven't seen it!

The KK lads should all head up from the hotel, get the keys to croker, let Richie take the sideline and play it out as it should have happened. Right the wrong

No need. The right team won on that day, as they did today.

Could be worse.

Could be fourteen years.

Couldn't it ?

;)

Ah well we just haven't been good enough i can accept.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Comerman

If so I haven't seen it!

He said "Hogan is still the man to blame"
    fkuc knows what that means.

• Advertisement

I would disagree with the sour. We were surprised to find ourselves in the final so in a sense it's been a good year for us. We clearly view the sending off as contentious. Tipp see it otherwise I expect. I expect Sheedy does give a hoot about great teams. He has the honour of being a multiple winning manager and a back to back would elevate his status in Tipp and nationally.

I think everyone bar KK think it was a sending off and in no way contentious. Everyone on the panel bar Tyrell thought so too.

If so I haven't seen it!

You'll just have to go back then.

No need. The right team won on that day, as they did today.

You wouldn't think it with the amount of moaning going on. It wasn't even a close game. It was a hammering.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭slegs

Never thought Kilkenny fans were ones for sour grapes but this one obviously has hurt deep

He made a bad tackle and got sent off for it.

You wouldn't think it with the amount of moaning going on. It wasn't even a close game. It was a hammering.

Facilitated by a sending off.

Seadin wrote: »
    Ah well we just haven't been good enough i can accept.

You have no choice only to accept that ye haven't been good enough to win.

You should also accept that ye haven't been good enough that you can afford to be sniping at anyone else, let alone a county that has won EIGHT :eek: in the meantime.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

I think everyone bar KK think it was a sending off and in no way contentious. Everyone on the panel bar Tyrell thought so too.

Tyrell looked like an idiot with his view - it was very satisfying.

I find it strange that kilkenny fans are surprised to get to a final. They always get there even with less talented teams through the decades. I cant see Cody staying on. He's been highly successful with kilkenny but i think he isn't going to win another All Ireland with Kilkenny. I don't say that as an insult i just dont think he wont get anymore out of this panel of players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,904 ✭✭✭blackcard

I was referring to the Limerick Kilkenny semi final when Paul Murphy went to clear the ball and was blocked by a Limerick player and the sideline was given to Limerick. From the sideline, the ball was deflected by Cillian Buckley and incorrectly waved wide

Advertisement