Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Quiz marque 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Corkgirl18

How did the German confectionery company Haribo get its name?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

The name of its founder?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,083 ✭✭✭✭looksee

The names of the owners children

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,412 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The name of their pet dog?

:pac:

New Home is 2/3 of the way there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Place?

Founder and spouse?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,412 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Corkgirl18 wrote: »
    New Home is 2/3 of the way there.
    Was Hari the founder and Bo the dog??

:)

New Home wrote: »
    Place?

Yes.
    It was created by Hans Riegel in Bonn --> Hans Riegel Bonn

\o/

Still on Haribo, what's the difference between the Haribo Liquorice Wheels sold here/in the UK, and those sold elsewhere in Europe?

• Advertisement

They probably put salt in the Dutch ones!

looksee wrote: »
    They probably put salt in the Dutch ones!

Salmiakki style!

I love liquorice, but drop - yuck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Colour??
    \o/

Still on Haribo, what's the difference between the Haribo Liquorice Wheels sold here/in the UK, and those sold elsewhere in Europe?

No, no and no (and salmiak/salted liquorice Scandinavian-/Nordic-/Dutch-style is RANK!!).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

The Irish ones probably have actual liquor in them? :D

Liquor and Ice, surely! :pac:

Is one wound clockwise and the other anticlockwise? A pure wild last gasp of desperation guess.

Is one wound clockwise and the other anticlockwise? A pure wild last gasp of desperation guess.

If you turned it over it would go the opposite way?

Does one have one of those speckled round sweets in the middle and the other doesn't?

Its an entertaining question anyway NH!

I was just waiting for this one. :D

looksee wrote: »
    If you turned it over it would go the opposite way?

Does one have one of those speckled round sweets in the middle and the other doesn't?

Its an entertaining question anyway NH!

:D

Let me know if you've given up.

• Advertisement

Spelling? Or called something different?

Not what I was looking for (well, ok, they would have different names in each country).

Go on, it's quite easy! All right, I'll give you a ball of yarn (:pac: see what I did there? :pac:): Looksee's guess was the closest.

Well I have seen the wheels with the sweetie in the middle, but not being familiar with continental ones I have no idea how they are different. I have a notion I have seen ones without the sweetie too, so that doesn't get me any further forward!

Not that, you mentioned salt.

The continental ones (but not the German ones, for some reason), don't contain gelatine, and never did (and they taste nicer).

Right - another question, similar to this one: what's the difference between a regular "continental" Fanta and a Fanta around here?

Not that, you mentioned salt.

The continental ones (but not the German ones, for some reason), don't contain gelatine, and never did (and they taste nicer).

Right - another question, similar to this one: what's the difference between a regular "continental" Fanta and a Fanta around here?

No idea why but the orange fanta is a different colour on the continent.

Yep, and it tastes more like Orangina, too. :)

Your go, Srameen.

Yep, and it tastes more like Orangina, too. :)

Your go, Srameen.

Oh! I didn't think that was the answer. Leave it with me...

It seems that the recipes of many "common" products are adjusted depending on their target audiences, and more's the pity - no consistency!!

What, specifically, connects Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, Amy Winehouse and Pope John XII?

• Advertisement

Wild shot: did they all die on the same day in different years? Or, one of your favourites, were they all left-handed? :pac:

Advertisement