Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloody Sunday soldier to be charged with murder

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭janfebmar

Pissartist wrote: »
    One mans terrorist, is another mans freedom fighter.

Thats what I always said. Try standing in the other mans shoes for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,011 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Well if they did not fudge the 1st inquiry they would not have spent £195m on a second one.

The British Army was welcomed at the start as they were assumed to be there to protectectin from the sectarian police force, but that soon changed. The GFA covers events from 1973 on wards for people to get early release. Bloody Sunday was 1972 which is why the British Goverment are now trying to get that 1973 date pushed back.

If the British Goverment are so worried about violence why not deploy troops in the streets of London or Birmingham to stop all this knife crime

• Registered Users Posts: 67,027 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

RobMc59 wrote: »
    With your rigid perception you will never understand that there are people who believe in the rule of law for all,who see the pursuit of soldier f as the British sticking to that whilstw terrorists from both sides are walking round scott free.

What an incredible unself aware (you are British I think) insult to the people of Derry and elsewhere who have pursued justice for years and years. Pathetic that you mention 'rule of law'.

If there are people roaming free; perhaps look first to your perfidious and duplicitios government who played with lives in their pursuit of their own selfish interests. It was they who did these deals.

What an incredible unself aware (you are British I think) insult to the people of Derry and elsewhere who have pursued justice for years and years. Pathetic that you mention 'rule of law'.

If there are people roaming free; perhaps look first to your perfidious and duplicitios government who played with lives in their pursuit of their own selfish interests. It was they who did these deals.
    well you certainly Francis do not believe in the rule of law when you think the organisation behind Enniskillen, Claudy, Le Mins, Warrigton, Kingsmill, Bloody Friday bombings etc were all just grand lads

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Pissartist wrote: »
    One mans terrorist, is another mans freedom fighter.
    Great quote but it will never make bombing Birmingham or gunning down Civil Rights marchers right

• Advertisement

Edgware wrote: »
    Great quote but it will never make bombing Birmingham or gunning down Civil Rights marchers right

None of it was right and none of it should ever have happened.

Almost 50 years for one player to get around to charging ONE alleged killer does not reflect kindly on either the responsible government or the people of a nation who cling to the belief that their foreign policy is benevolent or just.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

None of it was right and none of it should ever have happened.

Almost 50 years for one player to get around to charging ONE alleged killer does not reflect kindly on either the responsible government or the people of a nation who cling to the belief that their foreign policy is benevolent or just.
    Well for 50 years from 1922 to 1972 they wouldnt even discuss Northern Ireland in their Parliament so no surprises there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

What I think is hilarious is the daily mail's outrage on this and the daily mail comments.they basically say this happened years ago,why now...were fighting a war,people die etc etc. However there are many articles about old Nazi officers being tried in their 90's who do the whole following order defence in court and the mail commenters look at their impending incarceration with glee.
    These people haven't a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

For gods sake....
    Surely when you become a soldier you should be allowed to shoot and kill whoever you want...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

That's rich coming from the person who was besides themselves with glee with the car bomb in Derry recently!
    Look at the potential prosecution of soldier f.The British are viewed by the world as following the law-will he ever see prison-who knows?but his age and poor health suggest not.
    The British public are sympathetic to him and are incensed terrorists are getting away with murder,so really its a win win for the British establishment.
    Btw,I am against violence and killing by all sides and yes I am British but ulster scots ancestry from Donegal/Derry.
    Where are you from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,989 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

That's rich coming from the person who was besides themselves with glee with the car bomb in Derry recently!
    Look at the potential prosecution of soldier f.The British are viewed by the world as following the law-will he ever see prison-who knows?but his age and poor health suggest not.
    The British public are sympathetic to him and are incensed terrorists are getting away with murder,so really its a win win for the British establishment.
    Btw,I am against violence and killing by all sides and yes I am British but ulster scots ancestry from Donegal/Derry.
    Where are you from?

incensed that the wrong terrorists are apparently getting away with murder surely? i mean if they are so incensed terrorists are getting away with murder then they would feel the same about their own terrorists? and it's not as if ira and loyalist terrorists did get away with murder, plenty were prosecuted and locked up. not a single british soldier was.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Where are you from?
    Are you mistaking me for somebody else? 'Glee'??

The British are viewed as having evaded responsibility for Bloody Sunday for decades.
    Don't believe your own redtop media

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭zapitastas

Where are you from?

The British are view by the world as following the law? Leaving aside the empire built upon racism, sectarianism, oppression of native inhabitants, extra judicial executions, they are now a complete laughing stock on the international stage with this brexit business . Another consequence of inherent racism embedded in their governance structures

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Mrsmum

Where are you from?

So the British Public are so infatuated by British soldiers that they don't care at all when those soldiers shoot unarmed British citizens dead. Or is it just people from Northern Ireland who are shooting material. How many did their army shoot dead during the English riots in 2011.

Mrsmum wrote: »
    . How many did their army shoot dead during the English riots in 2011.
    I cannot remember much of the English riots in 2011 - had people in the English riots nail bombs / petrol bombs and killed previously?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

janfebmar wrote:
    I cannot remember much of the English riots in 2011 - had people in the English riots nail bombs / petrol bombs and killed previously?

Those murdered by the Para's on Bloody Sunday had none of those items you mentioned either. They were found innocent by the Saville inquiry. Are you suggesting they had nail bombs etc?

janfebmar wrote: »

More shameful posting tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,014 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Thats what I always said. Try standing in the other mans shoes for a while.

,,or standing in his boots, standing on some poor bastards neck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Mrsmum

Who are these people that had "nail bombs / petrol bombs and killed previously?"

So the British Public are so infatuated by British soldiers that they don't care at all when those soldiers shoot unarmed British citizens dead. Or is it just people from Northern Ireland who are shooting material. How many did their army shoot dead during the English riots in 2011.

Oh, the answer there would be none - at least legally. In the small remainder of Britain's Irish colony, however, laws were passed to ensure that it was legal to use CS gas, rubber and plastic bullets (which were invented by the British in 1973 for use in NI) and much else against the Irish should they rise up (most of the people killed from these, by the way, were Irish children). But if a riot happened over in England at the same time - e.g. in Brixton - it was illegal to use such bullets against the rioters. A riot is a riot, or maybe not.

Yet another gaping hole, to join the missing 50,000 military and armed police occupying Finchley, in Thatcher's infamous "NI is as British as Finchley" claim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Well they certainly weren't waving white hankies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭votecounts

Give it a break, shameful post. Letting your anti nationalist feelings be shown

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭votecounts

Who are these people that had "nail bombs / petrol bombs and killed previously?"
    all catholics/nationalists = IRA, don't you know!!! well according to some

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

More shameful posting tbh.

That's rich coming from you-ashamed of nothing,offended by everything!

That's rich coming from you-ashamed of nothing,offended by everything!

Have you a link to where I responded to the car bomb in Derry with 'glee'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

It has not brought anyone back. And you still have not answered the question, how many of the hundreds of unsolved atrocities have the PIRA / INLA investigated?

Those are criminal organisations proscribed by law. Comparing them to supposedly lawful state actors is a bit odd. If telling.

If some atrocities are investigated and those who murdered or broke the law punished, should not all who murdered or broke the law be punished?

If some atrocities are investigated and those who murdered or broke the law punished, should not all who murdered or broke the law be punished?

Which ones aren't and whose responsibility and fault is it that they aren't?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

You are still comparing State actors with the unlawful terrorist groups, which is telling.

• Advertisement

Those are criminal organisations proscribed by law. Comparing them to supposedly lawful state actors is a bit odd. If telling.

It is beyond odd. No answer from those doing it here though.

Advertisement