Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, what time will you be back at?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Dealerz2.0

Cheers S
    Ive signed up the race series 10 mile and half. Might do one other half somewhere late July/early August. The P&D plan schedules a few “races” and more long runs at PMP so that might be enough “tuning up” for DCM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭coogy

Dealerz2.0 wrote: »

All paces above the 8:55, probably over cooked it but...then again....maybe I am able for IT....ye know....THE BIG SUB 4!!!!!

Trying to push those thoughts away for now!!!

F, I would have thought that your time for the Bohermeen half earlier in the year would suggest that a sub-4 is certainly within reach.

Cheers K
    I think it’s more that Im afraid to commit :pac: cause I blew up (my own fault on both occasions) in DCM ‘18 and Belfast! I’m wrestling with having the confidence to go for it and consolidating on Belfast - if that makes any sense at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭coogy

Cheers K
    I think it’s more that Im afraid to commit :pac: cause I blew up (my own fault on both occasions) in DCM ‘18 and Belfast! I’m wrestling with having the confidence to go for it and consolidating on Belfast - if that makes any sense at all

Makes perfect sense!

P&D week 4

Monday: rest day per plan but as I was heading to work earlier than usual on Tuesday I ran Monday night. Tuesday's Plan was for 8 miles with 10*100m strides. Very humid evening. Was tough enough getting the 10 strides in on the last mile or so. Avg pace was 10 min miles. Avg heart rate 130.

Tuesday rest day

Wednesday: plan was for 5miles recovery- got this done early. Avg pace was 10:42 and avg heart rate 131

Thursday: plan was for 11 miles. Again cause of work, I had to get this done early at 5:30am. Ran it well. Avg pace was 10:20 and avg heart rate of 131. Felt tired after this and was starting to "dread" the LSR on Saturday from a fatigue perspective.

Friday was a rest day

Saturday: 15 miles LSR. Was promised a breakfast in my mothers so I was looking for a different route, from swords to artane via GPO did the job and back out by fairview. A lovely run, lots of different sites to my normal run.

Felt strong throughout and paces were getting a bit too hot during a couple of the miles. Avg pace was 10:11 with an avg heart rate of 141. A lovely breakfast too.

Sunday: 4 mile recovery per plan. The girls wanted to run a junior park run, so I ran 2 miles before collecting them for the park run. Avg pace - not sure-The youngest sprinted the last 50 meters at 8 min miles per the watch....slow down please just for me, but fair play she went after it!!!

Two new pb's for the girls, with eldest running entirely on her own as I was keeping the youngest interested! Both delighted with themselves.

Total miles for week: 42- great weeks work
    Year: 832 miles

.....the weeks are just rolling by!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Huzzah!

Enjoying the log, F; you're doing some great training. Fair play.

Thanks E- appreciate that

P&D Week 5

Made a last minute decision last week to have a half marathon race sooner rather than later, so I stuck my name down for the EOI Half in Longwood July 27th. Clontarf was a desciplined race but I wanted a race to go flat out. My rational being if I couldn't get below or very near sub 1:50, then I was not going to entertain 3:59:59. Also week 6 is a cut back week on the plan so I felt it was worth signing up and giving it a good lash.

Monday was a rest day

Tuesday: plan was for 9 miles with 5 at half marathon pace of 8:30 min miles. I knew this was going to be a tough session. I felt the 5 miles went really well:

Splits:
    8:29
    8:28
    8:24
    8:31

Finished with just 1 mile cool down rather than 2. It was tough but really enjoyed it.

Wednesday: 5 mile recovery run at 10:44. Nothing to report, just got it done. More and more I understand and appreciate how important such runs are, even if they are "boring" compared with a speed session.

Thursday: plan was for 10 miles but with Saturday's race I skipped this run. Went out and played 18 holes of golf....so not really a rest day. Was worried this round of golf might wreck my race.

Friday: rest day, but my race nerves were at me. Spent the day hydrating.

RACE REPORT:

Saturday:

Awake at 6:45, feeling good physically but the mindset/confidence wasn't very positive...give it a shot, nothing to lose, if after 5 or 10 miles and the pace ain't there then just slow down and turn it into an LSR. Had breakfast, got organised and left.

An understated race event to the norm but I kinda liked it. Will run the EOI events again- well organised. There was a marathon as well as a 5k, 10k and 20miler being run too.

Ran a small warm up down to the village and back.

Race plan was mile 1-3 at 8:30, mile 4-12 at 8:22 and last mile was to be as fast as I can get home....it didn't work out that way!

Race briefing was again very informal, for me it was 4 5k laps plus a little bit extra. One lady was being congratulated as she was about to run her 101st marathon- wow!!!!

It wasn't a chipped race so the guy at the side of the car park just started shouting 10, 9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1....off you go!

It was getting warm- oh oh!

Mile 1 pace was 8:26. it's really warm, the mixed bag of runners was interesting... You could tell those that were running a marathon. I was over checking my pace in the first mile trying to settle. I was comfortable so far but was convincing myself I'm not up to it.

Mile 2 pace was 8:23. Finding my legs now. Still comfortable. Very few runners around me. In my own little world in the country side in Co. Meath.

Miles 3-4 pace was 8:20 and 8:20. Found myself drifting out with the pace as mile pace came up on my watch, trying to "check" myself from running too fast. I've been burned already from going too fast too soon.

Miles 5-6 pace was 8:23 and 8:23. Very happy with how it was going, but negative thoughts were dropping in to say hello every so often.I've not run this many miles at this pace.....you will crash!

Half way

It's really bloody hot now

Miles 7-9 pace was 8:23, 8:24, 8:23. Passed a few runners that appeared to be in my "league". A marathon runner lapped me- bloody hell!!! Was feeling tired legs now, breathing heavier. Was going to my happy place of measuring miles I had left to where I usually run that training run distance "it's only my house down to swords village and back, that's all"......BUT YOU NEVER RAN IT AT THIS PACE BEFORE!!!

Miles 10-12 pace was 8:26, 8:26 and 8:28- it's really bloody hot now, legs getting very heavy. I really hope I have enough banked as I can feel the pace slipping in my legs. It was a battle now, sounds meladramtic but I was really fighting....kinda obvious now that if I couldn't increase the pace for the last mile then sub 1:50 was out of reach. A thought of just slowing all the way down as 1:50 was gone came and went.

Mile 13: God I've nothing left now, checked the watch and I saw a pace at 8:45, damn it, the strong finish just ain't there. Tried to bring the pace back in line....nothing. Pace for last mile was 8:28.

Watch time was 1:50:05.... A new half marathon pb but no sub 1:50....not today. It was really warm but I think/know I got my race strategy ever so slightly wrong. I am absolutely delighted with the pb and the very strong consistent splits.

Heart rate: 163.....hot!!!

So I am feeling as of today, I am going to train for a sub 4 DCM....sure why not.

Weekly miles: 26.9
    Year: 859 miles

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

Great work there F, especially in the conditions and, it seems, with a fair bit of running solo in the countryside. The fact that you're on target with 13 weeks to go (and a raced HM in the bag!) can only be a positive. Stay fit and healthy as the mileage increases and you may yet be targeting something faster for DCM.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

That's super racing F - you never wilted. Tough going in that heat no doubt.

5 seconds is annoying, but meaningless really in the bigger picture (DCM).

Well done - enjoy the step back week :)

• Advertisement

Great work there F, especially in the conditions and, it seems, with a fair bit of running solo in the countryside. The fact that you're on target with 13 weeks to go (and a raced HM in the bag!) can only be a positive. Stay fit and healthy as the mileage increases and you may yet be targeting something faster for DCM.

Thanks J,
    Very kind, thank you.
    I’m feeling (at the moment) positive about where I’m at that I may even stop lurking on the sub 4 thread...I may even post something!

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    That's super racing F - you never wilted. Tough going in that heat no doubt.

5 seconds is annoying, but meaningless really in the bigger picture (DCM).

Well done - enjoy the step back week :)

Absolutely A- and thank you-there’s no feeling of disappointment about missing the sub 1:50- I ran as well as I could have today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bluesquare

P&D Week 5

Made a last minute decision last week to have a half marathon race sooner rather than later, so I stuck my name down for the EOI Half in Longwood July 27th. Clontarf was a desciplined race but I wanted a race to go flat out. My rational being if I couldn't get below or very near sub 1:50, then I was not going to entertain 3:59:59. Also week 6 is a cut back week on the plan so I felt it was worth signing up and giving it a good lash.

Monday was a rest day

Tuesday: plan was for 9 miles with 5 at half marathon pace of 8:30 min miles. I knew this was going to be a tough session. I felt the 5 miles went really well:

Splits:
    8:28
    8:24
    8:31

Finished with just 1 mile cool down rather than 2. It was tough but really enjoyed it.

Wednesday: 5 mile recovery run at 10:44. Nothing to report, just got it done. More and more I understand and appreciate how important such runs are, even if they are "boring" compared with a speed session.

Thursday: plan was for 10 miles but with Saturday's race I skipped this run. Went out and played 18 holes of golf....so not really a rest day. Was worried this round of golf might wreck my race.

Friday: rest day, but my race nerves were at me. Spent the day hydrating.

RACE REPORT:

Saturday:

Awake at 6:45, feeling good physically but the mindset/confidence wasn't very positive...give it a shot, nothing to lose, if after 5 or 10 miles and the pace ain't there then just slow down and turn it into an LSR. Had breakfast, got organised and left.

An understated race event to the norm but I kinda liked it. Will run the EOI events again- well organised. There was a marathon as well as a 5k, 10k and 20miler being run too.

Ran a small warm up down to the village and back.

Race plan was mile 1-3 at 8:30, mile 4-12 at 8:22 and last mile was to be as fast as I can get home....it didn't work out that way!

Race briefing was again very informal, for me it was 4 5k laps plus a little bit extra. One lady was being congratulated as she was about to run her 101st marathon- wow!!!!

It wasn't a chipped race so the guy at the side of the car park just started shouting 10, 9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1....off you go!

It was getting warm- oh oh!

Mile 1 pace was 8:26. it's really warm, the mixed bag of runners was interesting... You could tell those that were running a marathon. I was over checking my pace in the first mile trying to settle. I was comfortable so far but was convincing myself I'm not up to it.

Mile 2 pace was 8:23. Finding my legs now. Still comfortable. Very few runners around me. In my own little world in the country side in Co. Meath.

Miles 3-4 pace was 8:20 and 8:20. Found myself drifting out with the pace as mile pace came up on my watch, trying to "check" myself from running too fast. I've been burned already from going too fast too soon.

Miles 5-6 pace was 8:23 and 8:23. Very happy with how it was going, but negative thoughts were dropping in to say hello every so often.I've not run this many miles at this pace.....you will crash!

Half way

It's really bloody hot now

Miles 7-9 pace was 8:23, 8:24, 8:23. Passed a few runners that appeared to be in my "league". A marathon runner lapped me- bloody hell!!! Was feeling tired legs now, breathing heavier. Was going to my happy place of measuring miles I had left to where I usually run that training run distance "it's only my house down to swords village and back, that's all"......BUT YOU NEVER RAN IT AT THIS PACE BEFORE!!!

Miles 10-12 pace was 8:26, 8:26 and 8:28- it's really bloody hot now, legs getting very heavy. I really hope I have enough banked as I can feel the pace slipping in my legs. It was a battle now, sounds meladramtic but I was really fighting....kinda obvious now that if I couldn't increase the pace for the last mile then sub 1:50 was out of reach. A thought of just slowing all the way down as 1:50 was gone came and went.

Mile 13: God I've nothing left now, checked the watch and I saw a pace at 8:45, damn it, the strong finish just ain't there. Tried to bring the pace back in line....nothing. Pace for last mile was 8:28.

Watch time was 1:50:05.... A new half marathon pb but no sub 1:50....not today. It was really warm but I think/know I got my race strategy ever so slightly wrong. I am absolutely delighted with the pb and the very strong consistent splits.

Heart rate: 163.....hot!!!

So I am feeling as of today, I am going to train for a sub 4 DCM....sure why not.

Weekly miles: 26.9
    Year: 859 miles

Enjoyed reading your log today - great half marathon - and great training to date . I’d say your DCM target is well in range !

Bluesquare wrote: »
    Enjoyed reading your log today - great half marathon - and great training to date . I’d say your DCM target is well in range !

Thanks BS

I’m really enjoying the training, having said that, the tough weeks haven’t started yet, but I’m really enjoying it so far.

There’s no guarantees in this Marathon business ( as I know so well!) but all I can do is train well and see what cards are dealt on the day.

P&D Week 6

Summary: the highs from the half marathon race were replaced on Wednesday by feelings of tiredness and no energy, which were then replaced by a bad 48hr dose or maranoia which by Saturday was also then replaced by feelings of confidence again as the LSR went really well.....so yeah...marathon training yeah! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Monday:rest day...really needed it...legs on fire still!

Tuesday: 8 miles at GA pace with 10*100m strides. Didn't feel too bad after this considering the efforts at the weekend. Avg pace was 10:15 for the session.

Wednesday: 5m recovery per plan. Avg pace was 10:49. No issues to report on this one either.

Thursday: the wheels came off here big time...obviously it must be a hangover of energy levels from the weekend's race. Plan was for a repeat of Tuesday's session but I only managed to run 7 miles...just felt completely flat, sore and really annoyed at myself. I had a pain at my hip that night which lasted till Saturday morning...felt like I had over cooked the goose....self doubt about taking on two marathons in 2019 rushed in my train of thoughts over the same period...all I could do was stretch, Epsom salt bath and eat and sleep well and hopefully it was just tiredness from the weekend.....maranoia week 13 doesn't bode well!!!

Still managed to draw some running art during the run...so my head wasnt totally gone!

Friday: rest day...thank god, needed it...energy levels really low...again ate well that day and slept well that night but I was really dreading the LSR...stupid stuff altogether! Had myself resigned to taking a week off.

Saturday: a step back week on the plan had "only" a 12 mile long run....great! Headed off expecting it to be cut short but having woke up with no pain in my hip...I headed off. Had decided to run the first few miles at recovery pace just to warm myself into it...and felt good having done that...finished strong and feeling a lot better about things in general after the run. Avg pace was 10:37. A lovely run with lots of runners around malahide and the estuary.

Sunday: a 4 mile recovery run at 10:42 plus a junior park run was a lovely way to start the Sunday. No niggles, some tired legs but nothing major. Started to think am I now understanding difference between what a potential injury is and what just a niggle is.

Weekly miles: 37
    Year: 897

So a very weird week starting high, some low and then finishing high again.

The plan kicks up a gear now, it's on my mind, with two weeks of 50+ miles, never gone that high before, so obviously feeling apprehensive...need to maintain discipline on the training paces. Having comic book guy on the same plan is a really good motivator...I can't miss a run!!!

P&D week 7 summary: wrecked tired!

I signed herself up for the rock n roll half last xmas, it was her big birthday and she wanted to "mark" it. Unfortunately she didn't get the training done but still wanted to do it walking/jogging. This meant I had to move my training back a day so that Sunday was free to bring the kids in for support and collect her. But it also meant I was going to be running 5 days (last week into this week) in a row...and it really impacted my ability to stick to plan.

Monday: rest day per plan but moved all runs forward a day I was running 10 miles: 2 mile warm up, 5 miles at half marathon pace and 3 miles cool down. This was a tough session, kept the half marathon paces 8:24-8:29. Hate evening runs, had dinner too soon before the session and my stomach was really heavy throughout.

Tuesday: 4 mile recovery at 10:58 min miles was done early this morning. Got it done, that's all I remember.

Wednesday: plan was for 11 miles at 10:40 but I only got 10 miles done. Hated every step of this run, tired, fatigued etc etc, just felt like "work" rather than a hobby. Dropping the mile didn't annoy me too much but it was the start of a trend this week.

Thursday: rest- needed it badly, sore legs and hip today...just bloody tired. Went to bed late too which didn't help.

Friday: plan was for 7 miles at 10:40 with strides....just didnt have the motivation for it, tired, so skipped it. Annoyed for most of the day about skipping it but felt keeping myself ready for Saturday's LSR a priority.

Saturday: plan was 18 miles. I was up early, weather didn't look too good, on the road for 7:30. Ran into town and back out again. Felt decent through most of it, last mile was a slog but wasn't too bothered, it was a long week and I got it done. Avg pace was 10:19 min miles.

Sunday: dropped herself in for 7:15am, back out to swords for a junior park run, I let the girls run by themselves. Straight back into town to support herself at the finish- homemade posters at the ready. I much prefer racing than supporting. Herself got to the last 100 yards and the girls ran to the finish with her....a great morning.

Weekly miles: 41
    Year: 946 (according to strava- I don’t think that adds up!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭gypsylee

Another good week F. Well done to Mrs. H on completing the R & R Half. Hope she enjoyed it :)

gypsylee wrote: »
    Another good week F. Well done to Mrs. H on completing the R & R Half. Hope she enjoyed it :)

Thanks J- I think she begrudgingly enjoyed it!!

P&D week 8
    Summary: a good week, some really enjoyable runs.

Had the week off from work so spent Monday and Tuesday getting stuff done around the house and teaching the eldest how to cycle....should have wore my watch to get the miles in!

Monday: moved the plan forward a day again this week, looking to get some rest in for later in the week. Plan was 7miles at GA pace and 6*100m strides. Avg pace for the session was 10.10 min miles. A nice starter for the week.

Tuesday: plan was for 12 miles at long run pace. Enjoyed every mile of this, just cruising along. Pace was 10:18

Wednesday: was supposed to be a rest day per plan but we had tayto park on Thursday so I ran this late Wednesday evening to get as much rest as possible from Tuesday's 12 miles. This was a beast of a session on paper. 10 miles with 6 at half marathon pace of 8:25 to 8:35. Really enjoyed it, was tough but enjoyed it. Only did one mile cool down rather than 2....it was getting late and I was getting hungry.

Splits for the speed session:

8:36
    8:21
    8:33
    8:21

Thursday was tayto park.....which was definitely not a rest day, everyone was wrecked!!!
    Friday was an additional rest day but ended up playing 18 holes of golf...not the best prep for a 20 miler the next day.

Saturday: mixture of excitement and fear!!!! Headed out around 8am for the first 20 miler of DCM 2019. Lovely cold morning for a run. Ran out by estuary and Portmarnock and back again to swords. Lots of runners out. The session itself went really well, fuelled with a hydration pack and tailwind. Tried to keep the paces in a decent range, although I pushed a few in the middle. Last 2 miles were tough with weeks running and activities taking their tole. Avg pace was 10:12. Very happy how it went.

Sunday: 5 mile recovery per plan, I ran 4 miles at 10:50 pre junior park run and then the junior park run to bring me over 5 miles. Legs were heavy but ok.

Weekly miles: 53.3- delighted to get above 50 for the first time. Don't feel too tired and no major niggles to report
    Year: 993 (lots of fellow 2018 novices breaking this 1000 miles thing last week, I'm very close to joining them)

Week ahead: so a slight step back week next week to 48 miles. The plan next weekend has 6 miles with 6*100m strides and 16 miles with 12 at PMP of 9:08. However frank Duffy 10 miler is Saturday. So my current thinking is to get into the park early next Saturday and run the 6 miles (2 at PMP) pre race and run the 10 miles at 9:08 ( I think this will be a decent test so as to keep me from all out racing)- I'm not too interested in a 10 mile pb so racing it is not on the cards. Then on Sunday run the 6 miles with strides.

Decent week for you as well ! Have you taken the extra distance you will run into account when deciding on PMP.? Or do you just use 9:08 as a ball point and run in an around that pace ?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 480 ✭✭ewc78

Bluesquare wrote: »
    Decent week for you as well ! Have you taken the extra distance you will run into account when deciding on PMP.? Or do you just use 9:08 as a ball point and run in an around that pace ?

Yeah was thinking the same. I do my PMP at 9:00 min/miles

ewc78 wrote: »
    Yeah was thinking the same. I do my PMP at 9:00 min/miles

That’s the pace I aim for too - never quite seem to manage it though!

That’s interesting alright, was naively thinking 9.08, but maybe I should try the 9:00. That will definitely be a good test and indicator of where I am. Thanks

On my first marathon I paced exactly for 4:30 , I came in at 4:34 not a happy bunny - as I thought I was on target !

P&D Week 9:
    Summary: a tough week, physically and mentally.

Monday: plan was to be a rest day, but moved the runs forward again- in hindsight moving these runs forward without a proper break from one week to next has been a mistake. I should have stuck to keeping Monday as a rest day. Ran 6 miles recovery- pace was 10:38

Tuesday: plan was to be 14 miles mid week long run, but every mile was a struggle and I only did 10. On paper (strava!) it looked like I was tapering for frank Duffy but I was struggling with sore legs and tiredness. Spent rest of the week concerned about how tight/sore my legs felt, mentally struggling to believe I can keep up with the planned mileage.

Wednesday: plan was 6 miles recovery, but I skipped it, still felt wrecked.

Thursday and Friday: spent most of these days thinking I would be coming home early from frank Duffy. On a positive side of things it put any all out racing thoughts completely out of my mind. Bottle of Rioja Thursday night celebrating a promotion was definitely not great prep either.

So decided to go with plan A: get into Phoenix park early and run 6 miles (2 at marathon pace of 9:00 miles- thanks for the heads up on that one!) and then run frank Duffy 10 miles at 9:00. I probably underestimated how much of a tough work out this would be, in a way I assumed it would be relatively easy compared to all out racing......it wasn't!!!

Saturday: part 1: 6 mile run and part 2 frank Duffy 10 mile race

A beautiful morning in the park, it must be fantastic to run in the park every day or week. I got there about 8am and ran miles around the outer loop of the race. Went well, the 2 PMP miles were tougher than expected, the first one was faster than planned. By the time I got back to the car the crowds were building up.

Mile 1: 10:16
    Mile 2: 10:12
    Mile 3: 10:03
    Mile 4: 10:09
    Mile 5: 8:39
    Mile 6: 8:59
    The few minutes before start are always great, everyone lining up ready to go. I really enjoy the race series.

I'd love to give a mile by mile run down of the race on how each mile went by but it was a 10 miles I'd like to forget to be honest. It was hot, very hot, felt like I was overreaching from mile 3. I'm unsure whether it was the week I had, the weather, the mileage build up on the plan I'm following, general fatigue, no clue, but left Phoenix park feeling sh*t mentally and physically. Lots of self doubt built up, it would be "easier" going back to 4:10 target.

Mile 1: 8:56
    Mile 2: 8:31
    Mile 3: 8:37
    Mile 4: 8:45
    Mile 5: 9:02
    Mile 6: 9:14
    Mile 7: 9:02 (let a roar at Skyblue- I think I woke him up!)
    Mile 8: 8:58
    Mile 9: 9:15
    Mile 10: 9:30

Avg pace for the 10 miles is bang on 9:01- so why am I disappointed...I think because it felt so bloody tough on the body...felt like I was racing 20 miles rather than 10 at PMP.

Didn't hang around for a meet up with anyone, just wanted out asap.

Spent rest of weekend wrecked from the run. Had a few beers Saturday evening but was wrecked so home early. Woke Sunday with the legs still tight. Went to park run, luckily didn't have to run. The eldest ran her 11th junior park run, and will be collecting her half marathon wrist band next week, she's delighted.

Having read and heard how everyone else found the race a tough day, I felt better about how sh*t it went for me (sorry to everyone else :pac: ) but only a little. Will see how the next few weeks go and make a call at a later stage.

Delighted for A and J for their super performances in the respective half marathons- great running by both.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Treviso

Think I'm following the same plan as you but a week ahead (because of Charleville HM). I believe you should be on a stepback week this week so should give you the chance to recharge the batteries. I just had that week and feel much better now because of it.

Treviso wrote: »
    Think I'm following the same plan as you but a week ahead (because of Charleville HM). I believe you should be on a stepback week this week so should give you the chance to recharge the batteries. I just had that week and feel much better now because of it.

Cheers Treviso- how’d you find the v02 max sessions?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

F don't worry about how you feel now. You're in the middle of very heavy training. You are also embarking on your 3rd marathon in a year which is a lot for someone so new to running...it'd be beyond me. Keep easy very easy and when the time comes make sure you taper properly. If it's any consolation I ended up walking in the Ratoath Half last year and had a tempo session where I turned with 2 minutes to go so I could get some downhill...had I kept going up the Crumlin Road I'd have keeled over!! DCM then went perfectly...

skyblue46 wrote: »
    F don't worry about how you feel now. You're in the middle of very heavy training. You are also embarking on your 3rd marathon in a year which is a lot for someone so new to running...it'd be beyond me. Keep easy very easy and when the time comes make sure you taper properly. If it's any consolation I ended up walking in the Ratoath Half last year and had a tempo session where I turned with 2 minutes to go so I could get some downhill...had I kept going up the Crumlin Road I'd have keeled over!! DCM then went perfectly...

Cheers S- that’s a good reminder on the easy runs, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Treviso

Cheers Treviso- how’d you find the v02 max sessions?

I really like those v02 max sessions so I enjoyed it. It was a good change of pace to the LT and MLR runs anyway.

Advertisement